1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - Lots of New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Apr 29, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Articles

I have updated three articles I wrote some time ago so that they can be considered reviews instead of previews now. The articles in question are Sorcerer's Way Through Baldur's Gate II (Part II), Sorcerer's Way Through Baldur's Gate II (Part III) and Adventure in the Heart of Winter (Part I).
    All of these can be accessed from the Articles subsection; the link to it can be found on the main link panel on the front page.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Books

The Fantasy Books part of the site has been updated a bit. One new book has been added to the Miscellaneous Books subsection (Bored of the Rings) and two to the Forgotten Realms Books subsection (Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and Neverwinter Nights: An Anthology).

Subsection Updates -> Games

The box cover for Throne of Bhaal has been replaced with the official one, and a link to pre-order it at Amazon.co.uk has been added as well. You can notice these changes in the main Games section.
    By popular demand, I have added links through which you can purchase the official strategy guides for all the games we cover. You will notice this new addition in all Walkthroughs & Guides subsections for each game.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Planescape: Torment

The Planescape: Torment NPC quotes list has been updated with two new quotes. Ok, it's not much, but finding any good quotes we haven't posted yet is getting increasingly difficult. ;)
    The Hints for Playing Torment list has been updated with some stuff I dug up from my archives. You can read both of these in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection.

Two walkthroughs/guides have been updated; namely Daniel Herfield's and The Complete Guide & Walkthrough to PS: T. You can download the newest versions in the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection.

I have also posted a chat log from 1999, before the release of the game. Better late than never. :p
    Anyway, some of you might find it interesting, if only for a nostalgia trip. Thanks to Blackthorne for editing it. As you suspected, you can get it from the Miscellanea subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale

The Heart of Winter walkthrough you can find in the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection has been updated substantially, so go grab the latest version if you are still playing it.
    On a side note, I have zipped the updates for the official Heart of Winter guide from Sybex and posted it below the guide cover on the same page.

One new and one updated store guide can be found in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection. The previously posted Heart of Winter store items guide has been updated, and the Icewind Dale one is brand new.

While I was looking for those official strategy guides I spotted that Sybex posted a nice Icewind Dale wallpaper on their website. It shows the races of the Realms and makes a nice background.
    You can download it in two sizes from the Miscellanea subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

The Complete BGII FAQ & Walkthrough that can be found in the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection has been updated. Don't forget to check my Throne of Bhaal features list found on the same page; it has been updated too.

A small addition has been made to our Cheats List. Now it also lists how you can check the progress of your romance. I have changed the color scheme on the page a bit so it will be easier to navigate now.
    You can access the list from the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection.

Two new player characters that have been submitted to us have been made available for download in the Editors, Hacks & Cap Removers subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Pool of Radiance: RoMD

I have split the main Miscellanea subsection in two parts and added a ton of goodies for you. Some game music, a screensaver, two new trailers posted a few days ago etc.

From the same section you can access an article called Magic in Pool of Radiance II which surprisingly enough describes just that. It also comes with 5 cool-looking screenshots.

Finally, I have put together an edited chat log of the chat the development team had a few days ago. I spent an hour preparing it so I hope it has been worth it and that some of you will actually bother reading it. ;)

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.