1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sickening...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Third person report. That does not constitute a full confession.

Something interesting, I went to the home page, and they talked about someone else claiming to have written the Book of Mormon. "Solomon Spalding's reportedly voluminous set of fictional writings, the author demonstrates an unusual interest in fabricating ancient scriptures and crafting false religions."

I suspect that this is a dead end site seeking to denounce the church. If that is their intention, then how accurate can their information be?

The Main Author, Dale R. Boradhurst, even said a few interesting things...

Afraid of getting sued?

Ah ha, Anti Mormon site. There are a number of groups of people who have left the church, but instead of walking away, seek to destroy the church. They seek to begrudge us the faith that carries us through difficult times.

Strike two. The RLDS split from the main branch after the murder of Joseph Smith because Emma thought that Joseph's son should be the new leader instead of Brigham Young. If there was any bitterness towards Joseph, then allegations by Emma's father could have been brought forth and accepted by them just as we accept the words of our prophets today.

I found what I needed and conclude that it is a load of manure. I might hardcopy that stuff when we need to fertilize the fields...

Care to try that again?

I've been directed to some such sites before. Some sites I could sense the hatred they have for those that are faithful members of the church and the church itself. Sometimes I sense that same hatred reading your posts on the subject.

I don't know how "scholarly" reports can be where a bias against the subject matter can be. The one site you linked me to earlier in the thread seemed to take certain quotes out of the context they were given. The one answer, coming from a General Authority (a real one), was cut off before he gave an actual answer...

I still don't buy that. If that were so, they would collapse when they were exposed.

Edit: After some modification to the search parameters, I found this:

New Evidence

[ April 22, 2007, 06:41: Message edited by: Gnarfflinger ]

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.