1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Setting right perceptions

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Silvery, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The question was not directed at me, but I believe I understand what caused the miswording. From what I have read and seen, while the membership in close-knit Muslim communities is not based on actual ethnic affiliation, the said communities sure function as if it were. It is an interesting phenomenon where organization of the collective life in certain social circles is concerned. Well, there is also the issue of the modern humans' alleged racial/ethnic identity and the real contents of their genome, but that is a different story.

Ergo, while the word choice is semantically incorrect, it is acceptable from a socio-theoretical standpoint.

/whiteknighting :D

2. mordea Banned

Not where I live. My university had a 'Queer Room', and many of its homosexual events had 'queer' in their title.

3. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

I personally think we are the only survivors of dwarves, elves and humans/human ancestors.

Neanderthals are short, hairy, and stocky. They've got sterner-looking skulls with their faces located directly in front of their brains, instead of below their brains like AMHS. Total dwarf qualities, right?

There's also a recently discovered homo-??? remain which has a previously undiscovered genome. My bet is that they're elves: medium height, slender, and big eared. Living somewhere near the equator so they're fair-skinned.

Which would mean that some of us (particularly the red-haired freckle bearers) have part ancient-dwarf genome.

Okay, okay. It's equally likely that we all had a common ancestor and homo-neanderthalis/homo-sapeins/homo-??? are simply distant relatives who have altered bodies do to their climate, diet and behavior. But I can still dream that Tolkien was a time-traveling-scribe from the pleistocene!

4. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

My money is on the multiregional origin... but that would be an entireeeeelyyyyy other thread.

And orcs, do not forget the orcs! I mean... look at homo heidelbergensis! :D

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Homo???, the somewhat surprised in-the-closet ancestor.

Chandos the Red and Runescarred like this.
  6. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Almost laughed my jaw off. Rep'd! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.