1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Semi-poll: What is your musical taste

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Hugo, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well i'm all electronic when it comes to music.

Electronica, E-clash, and Darker Electro: Artists such as Tiefschwarze, Blackstrobe, Justus kohnke, Erelend Oye, Fred Falke & Alan Braxe, D.I.E (Detroit In Effect), Royksopp etc.

Techno and Detroit techno: Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Carl Cox, Model 500, Deetron, Jesper Dahlback, Dave Clarke, L.F.O etc.

Acid house (the good stuff, not what most people believe acid house sounds like): Steve Poindexter, Laurent Garnier, Jesper Dahlback (when he so wishes), Josh Winks, The electric Ecstasy Club etc.

I'm into all house music, and my downtempo and ambient stuff also. But the music I DJ mainly falls under the first 2 categories, that being Electronica and it's variations, and Techno and Detroit Techno.

I am very much into my music.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Led Zep, Pearl Jam, Hendrix mostly. Can't stand all that teeny boppers stuff.

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Black, Death and Gothic metal is mostly what I listen to. Band list? I'll make it a short one, then...

Opeth
    Finntroll
    HIM
    Amorphis
    Nightwish
    Marilyn Manson (a bit out of their league, but it was them who led me into metal)
    Immortal
    Emperor
    Marduk
    Mayhem(The old stuff... before Burzum (I spit at that bleeding nazi!))
    Type 0 Negative
    In Flames
    Venom
    Vintersorg
    Borknagar
    Ulver

And on and on like that...

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Metal (mostly) and a bit of punk :)
    Examples are;
    Metal:
    Rotting Christ
    Finntroll
    Barathrum
    Children of Bodom
    Dimmu Borgir(some, not all of their music)
    Cradle of Filth
    Stratovarius
    Hammerfall
    Rammstein
    El Caco
    In Flames

Punk;
    Toy Dolls(Britpunk)
    Sex Pistols(Britpunk)
    Rancid(Punk)
    Murderdolls(Horror Punk)

That's about it ;)

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@ Xei Win Toh

And I thought you liked Astarte because they are a band of hot chicks! :)

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Loerand

Murderdolls is a punk band? I saw them as a funny metall band IMHO. Do they call themself punk?

7. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Tassadar: Well, that too, though only 2 of them are hot... ;)

@Loerand: Barathrum! Yay!

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

@SleepleSS
    Dunno, however, their texts are kinda punked, but their music are more metal. Haven't seen what they call themselves though...

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Deine Lakaien. Great band. Seems like I have a taste for Gothic/Darkwave that I didn't know about. I am listening to their music often (like in this moment) and highly recommend them.

However, my true devotion must be House in all forms and shapes. It's not that easy to point someone out given the nature of this genre, but!! everyone who has a weak spot for this stuff simply must try to get their hands on Alan Brax, especially his song "Running". An absolute classic! Easily one the best pieces of music I have heard in years of clubbing.
    The Kid Creme mix of Shakedown's "At Night". It's like: Hossa :D
    Moloko aren't half bad either. So much more to listen to then "Bring it back" with them.
    Or...
    ~ Frankie Knuckles
    ~ The Disco Boys
    ~ Cafe Del Mare
    Oh well.

Other then that my tastes are all over the place.

10. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Metallica, Linkin Park, Crystal Method, Blink 182, Daft Punk & AFI, to name a few names.

Many songs from various genres, too many to name...

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I used to think I didn't have any preferred genre, but recently I've realised I like electronic music better than any other genre. I'm bad with categories, so I'll just list some of the bands I enjoy listening to.

Daan (Housewife and Swedish Designer Drugs are true gems) (Belgian)
    Daft Punk
    Stijn (Belgian)
    Vive la Fête (my favourite atm, French lyrics and elecro, yummy. Try Noir Désir, Nuit Blanche or Schwarzkopf) (Belgian)
    Goldfrapp
    Röyksopp
    Massive Attack
    Cassius
    Aphex Twin
    Tricky

Flip Kowlier (Belgian)
    Keane
    The Streets
    Outkast
    Aaliyah
    Audio bullys
    The White Stripes
    Muse
    Soulwax (aka 2many dj's and a couple of other band members) (Belgian)

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm a huge fan of many kinds of electronic music, but most of all I like what many (at least in Norway) would call electronica. For a complete statistic list of the music I listen to, check the adress below.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Mollusken/

13. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I like instrumental rock music more then anything else. It is not a popular genre so I wont waste time naming people.

14. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It's easier to list what I don't like.

-Country (boring)
    -Most classical (just doesn't provide the right high)
    -Gangsta Rap (I have no problem with intellegent rap, but the rapping abou poppin' 9's and doing ho's bothers me)
    -Heavy Metal (I just hate it)

15. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Basically i'm a metal fan. I'm into in all of sub-genres of metal. Well almost everyone...the black variety isn't really my thing, although i like some bands of that variety (Dimmu Borgir for instance).
    The list of bands would be to big so i won't bother.
    Besides metal, i'm a big fan of prog rock. Bands like Genesis, Pink Floyd, Marillion, Spock's Beard, Rush, and others. And last but not the least the simple and plain hard-rock: Deep Purple, AC/DC and so on.

EDIT: I was reading this thread again and found one error. I'm editing my post correcting that error of course :D

I believe you're talking about Varg Vikernes, the bastard son of the ***** that murdered Euronymous (leader of Mayhem at the time). Varg is the man behind the BAND Burzum.

[ October 10, 2004, 17:04: Message edited by: Laertis ]

16. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Punk:
    Die Ärzte

Metal:
    Rammstein

Pop:
    No preferred band

Rock:
    No preferred either

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thelonious, Bird, Dizzy, Louie, Ella, ....

I like most music -- those thing I don't count as music (and don't listen to) are: rap, hip-hop, disco, teenie-bopper (light-weight Brittney type stuff) and the "I'm screaming into the microphone" stuff. If the lead singer can't, I'm not interested.

All-time favorite rock: Beatles, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Jefferson Airplane (certainly not Starship), Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jim Croce ... this list could get really long.

Lately, I'm finding the best lyrics come from country music (I love "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares").

18. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

The mighty Bal-Sagoth are the greatest band in all the world (in my opinion). Most of the bands I like fall under power metal - Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, PowerQuest, Hammerfall, Primal Fear and so forth, but I also like bands such as Children of Bodom, Rakoth, Saxon and Manowar. In short, True Metal is my kind of music.

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Folk/Celtic is my general favourite. Artists like Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Enigma.

Also I like a fair bit of rock like Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper.

Most metal doesnt interest me though.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Bands ('Cause i'm not sure what genre these should be under)
    :
    The Atreyu
    Our Lady Peace
    Breaking Benjamin
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Funeral for a Friend
    Taking Back Sunday
    Lost Prophets
    Smashing Pumpkins
    The Used
    Silverstein
    Spitalfield
    A New Found Glory (Only their old stuff, though)
    Rammstein
    Thursday
    Brand New
    The Alkaline Trio

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.