1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

See You Later, Mike Brown!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 9, 2012.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The Lakers were pretty cursed injury-wise this year, which you can blame on bad luck but also on "old" (with the exception of Dwight who came in still recovering from surgery). You are going to hear a lot more cries of "amensty Kobe" as a result of this injury.

Quite frankly, it would still be a PR nightmare to do that. The only scenario I can see that happening in is if Kobe is on board with it, takes next season completely off to fully rehab and heal, comes back the following year on a series of one year veteran's minimum deals (with a nod and wink on back end comp with the Buss family like Magic had). That saves the Lakers a ton, gives them room to sign Dwight, keep Pau, and maybe work something out with the rest of the roster.

If Kobe isn't on board with that, I really don't know what they are going to do because they are so handcuffed with salaries.

2. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Absolutely. Such a PR nightmare I can't imagine the Lakers doing that.

I think they are going to have to trade Pau, and dump Artest and Nash (probably for cents on the dollar), and dump most of their bench (I see Jordan Hill, Jodie Meeks, and Earl Clark as keepers--though I'm frankly not sure if, in the end, any of those 3 are really that good, or if I'm simply swayed by their relative youth, athleticism, and skill compared to the rest of the bench). I think the idea of Nash coming off the bench as a 3rd guard, sort of like Chauncey Billups in Clipperland, is intriguing, but I'm not sure he'd really work in that role due to his lack of size and defensive liabilities. And at this stage in his career, to be brutally honest, he's getting 2 days older every day.

I don't necessarily think Kobe is inherently selfish, but I'm just not sure he'd trust to a deal like what you laid out, above. I'm not quite sure, I just don't see him going for it, or, even, the Lakers really trying to do that.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I think the time has come to at least consider the option that Kobe has played his last game as a Laker. Next season is the last year of his contract. And we already know that at a minimum he's going to miss about half of it. And you still don't know now if he's going to be right again next year. We don't know how well Kobe will bounce back from this serious injury, simply because he's never had a serious injury prior to this.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.