1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scimitars

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by The_Dude_420, Apr 6, 2004.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Surely there aren't two swords exactly the same? I clearly remember getting Water's Edge in Ust Natha but I'm certain there wasn't one in Watcher's Keep.

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

There is no Scimitars is Ust Natha/Fish city apart from the drow weapons.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  4. david w Gems: 19/31

I think Benanthalin meant was that you don't get Belm in the actual druid enclave in the northwestern corner of the Grove but instead at the Ogre's Tower on the eastern side.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :doh: Of course he did. I thought that, since he was correcting me, but I meant the overall area (as it shows on the world map) instead of the enclave, he maybe didn't know what area the Tower was in. Oh well; "the Ogre Tower in the Druid Grove" is the most accurate.

...now that I've beaten that to death... :rolleyes: :D

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

What mod are you guys talking about?

There is no Water's Edge listed anywhere in the game files.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm with Rastor on this one. I have done the house of Jellat before and while there is a +3 scimitar in one of the cabinets, it's just a +3 scimitar. There's nothing in the item description referring to "Water's Edge". On the paper doll in looks just like the scimitars that Drizzit has in BG1.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

From the way you had said where it was I thought you were saying you get it from the druids.

Just miscommunication.

9. david w Gems: 19/31

I just ran a search through two different walkthroughs and didn't find a mention of Water's Edge anywhere. So is it in the original game or does a mod add it?

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm begining to think that Waters Edge is just a fancy name for scimitar +3.

When I was in Watchers Keep I tried to rest after fighting on of the demons and his croneys. I was inturrupted by the stupid singing Eyrines. And after killing them I was checking for loot and they were all carrying Scimitar +3: Waters Edge.

[ April 09, 2004, 04:30: Message edited by: Benanthalin ]

11. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, Water's Edge is pretty much just a fancy name for a +3 scimitar, with no special abilities. It has a nice description of why it is called that in the info, but that's it. I'm sure you can get it in SOA because I remember my elf archer upgrading from Belm and the other +2 scimitar the Dao-Genies gave us for killing the Rakshasha, but I don't remember exactly where.

In TOB you have a large choice of +4 scimitars/wasikashis. One is in the inn in Saradush. Firebrand can be upgraded by Cespensar to +5. I remember he had three in his pack that he would dual weild according to their bonuses against the current opponent.

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think you mean Spectral Brand, which is upgraded with the Skull of the Lich. Good sword for a fighter/druid. Lady Jah always uses it.

13. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There are some powerful ninja-tos and wakizashis instead. Try these.

14. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.