1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scariest creature

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by nataben1314, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would love to see Anomen killed like that. :evil: Is it wrong that I'm sitting here giggling my ass off at the thought of it? If so, I don't want to be right.

I don't think Bodhi's scary, either. And I think her portrait is just silly--every time I look at it I think of one of Armand's sarcastic one-liners in The Vampire Armand about how stupid movie vampires are, with the blood dripping down their mouths. I can't take her seriously 'cause of that. :D

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Paine: get her a bib, then...

3. Belgarth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

for me to really think i would say the tanner is really scary because his sick obsession with the flaying people around, after him i would say Anomen is the second most scary because of how much of a goody tushu pansy ass he is (hope i am not breaking any rules by saying this) he also seems to as so nice that you get the suspicion that he is a homosexual

4. Paine Gems: 4/31

ROFL! That makes it even worse.

Lord...Bodhi wearing one of those little bibs a restaurant gives you when you order lobster. Only instead of a little lobster on it, it has one of those SD anime faces on it with Xs for eyes.

That'd be a really funny portrait to make if I didn't suck so bad at drawing (hint hint somebody!).

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@nataben1314

allow me to rephrase: similarities to lotr notwithstanding, the balor (had forgotten the name) is the freakiest creature in the game ;) i mean, come on, you have a laugh bec. it looks like he was ripped from last summer's blockbuster flick then wham, everyone in your party ias afraid and paralyzed. iirc, i only had 1 character that i could control after it appeared.

6. Vandred Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Irenicus for what he does to people. Reilev creeped me out and still does. How he cant feel anything except for his agony to end. Irenicus simply left them there to rot. And its his very nature. Emotionless, souless, no pity. He doesnt even keep them alive because he's sadistic, he just doesnt care. And going back to Reilev who wasnt freaked out when he said "Release! Yes! Master, I...I no longer wish to come back." Imagine it if you can. And that haunting last phrase "I thank thee, go, and leave me to oblivion at last."

Still sends shivers down my spine.

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The demi-lich in Watcher's Keep.

Oh man I didn't see that coming, surprised the hell out of me, unlike the Demi-Lich at the docks.

8. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Is there a demilich in watcher's keep? I have forgotten. Where is he?

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yup. its in the githyanki lair iirc. damn thing kept casting imprison.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

SI : Abjuration :cool: First thing I cast when I see a demi-lich. Or any other spell-caster for that matter. Breach is Abjuration. So is Pierce Magic. AND Pierce Shield. AND Spell Strike.

Heh. :cool:

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Faraaz, doesn't Spellstrike go through Spell Immunity? I thought it was supposed to remove *all* magical defenses...

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

afaik it will remove it too. could be wrong..

13. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Spellstrike does indeed take out SI:Abjuration, despite being an abjuration spell. The only thing that can "stop" spellstrike is spell shield, which cancels out with the strike but leaves all other spell defenses "under" it intact.

14. Scythe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Scary creatures are any that you are not sure how/if you can kill them with what you have at your disposal. Vampires that appear as random encounters in the Promenade right at the start are good examples. Without magical weapons you are down to running.... which they are much better at than you.

15. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think Sarevok and Demogorgon :) :D
    I mean, big and scary and...and... well, mebbe it's just their voice, heh. I love a good voice.

16. Paine Gems: 4/31

Aww, Sarevok's a big teddy bear. He's not scary! :p

Those randomly encountered vampires freaked me out, not in a "eek!" kind of way, but in a "wtf?!" kind of way. My stalker, Kariza, charged into the fray the first time I encountered them, due to some psychological issues she has with vampires (they're her racial enemy, because her vampiric brother killed her old lover in a particularly brutal fashion). After I reloaded, the group bravely ran away after I imagined Haer'Dalis giving Kariza a stern talking-to. :p

17. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Always hated the spiders, they are so gross... I really hate spiders. Bodhi's lair of vampires and willing bloodslaves was quite scary too...

18. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Illithids are the most scariest for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.