1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok! How do you kill this thing?!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarthOne, Sep 15, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Turning off the AI keeps your NPCs from running around and getting into more trouble. I typically have people on a 'range' script. If I don't turn the AI off, they keep backing away to shoot at the enemy, even if they are equiped with a melee weapon! :confused:

Keeping it off effectivly shuts off the NPCs brain. They'll only do exactly what you tell them - attack this or move here or whatever. Nothing worse than getting buffed up and ready to fight, only to have Branwen freak out and set off a web trap.

2. DarthOne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeah but these traps are completely un-disarmable even with Imoen lvl-10 thief and with her thieving abilities boosted-up by this 'thief-potion' she just can't do it !

I was talking about the traps on the Symbol of Bhaal in the final battle room btw...

And AI turned-off doesn't help too much really if you ask me...

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't think the Bhaal symbol traps are disarmable. I had Immy as you did and most were there - I think she got two, maybe.

As for the AI: try giving the NPCs no script and turning it off. That'll have 'em standing around like statues.

4. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I never had too much trouble killing Saverok. I just used some stealth first to disarm the traps. After that I would use area affect spells such as Cloud Kill and Stinking Cloud. Very deadly combo when combined. I would also use explosive arrows until the cloud spells wore off. After that I would use Magic Missiles. With 2 rings of Wizardary on my the main mage you have about 12+ magic missiles. Imoen shots the arrows of explosive or +1/+2. Charname usually hides behind Brawen, Jaheria, and/or Minsc as they sit and wait for Saverok to attack. But before he get to them he usually has to deal with my skeletons and summoned monsters. By the time he get to Minsc and company, charname takes one swing and down Saverok goes.

5. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've only tried fighting him once, and at least this worked for me; just summons summons summons, and arrows arrows arrows. While Sarevok and his mates are busy tossing the skeletons at the wolves, and the like, turn him into a pincushion! I had myself, Kivan and Coran peppering him, while Dynaheir and Yeslick was standing in a corner summoning stuff, and Minsc happily charging along with the rabble. Needless to say, the poor demented ranger didn't last long though.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Somehow I've managed to kill Sarevok with the cheeziest ways probably possible. The very first time I went through BG I faced him with Minsc - and before any blows were passed I cast Otiluke's resilient sphere on that Ranger/hamster combo. Somehow Sarevok was stupid enough to try to break the globe with his ultra-violence, and might be that because of his rage he ignored all my spellcasters and archers until he bled to death...and his buddies just wathced him die. Weren't as loyal to him as the were supposed to be...

After that Shar-Teel's killed him by making his back fresh beef -sliced and served or stabbed and drinking potions of invisibility before he could react. My other teammembers stayed as far away from the sprays of blood and chuncks of meat as possible...

7. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I got him!!! :D

Using the methods in this thread, I:

-hasted everyone (potion of speed/boots of speed)
    -lightning protection (the potion)
    -protection from evil/chant
    -strength buffs for everyone (potion of 18 str for mages)
    -let my protagonist (Bard PC) cast mirror image, and after a few seconds, run near to where Sarevok was, and while he's wacking away, I cast Oliluke's Resilient Sphere (a spell I like never used in BG2!), and let my fighter buddies and mage companions launch away with arrows and lightning!

Finally also had one of my mages set a Cloudkill in the area, and that was giving him some damage, and he ultimately fell from an arrow from my best fighter (who had quaffed a Strength of Storm Giant Potion!

(I had already killed Semaj via lure out method, and then made Sarevok and Tazok go after Angelo via casting Monster Summoning in their area, and Angelo used an Arrow of Detonation, setting off Sarevok n Tazok vs him! All learned via this thread!)

Thereafter, my party had to rescue me as the Resilient Sphere had worn off, and the Cloudkill hit me w/o my body being prepared for it! Thus, letting Tazok go free! Never fear, as once the cloudkill wore off from the room, we rejoiced by cutting Sarevok's head off, and started playing basketball around the Temple of (ball) w/it! Ha! (sorry! Got carried away! :cool: )

I'm sure we'll cross paths with Tazok again in my party's travels. ;)

8. jA Gems: 3/31

I killed Sarevok whit only 2 hits(backstab x5,each iirc 200 damage or something like that) whit my solo F/M/T on insane,whit XP cap remover.
    But first i have killed Angelo and others.
    Potions of invisibility come very handy... :)

9. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Two things to keep in mind for this fight: since it's the final fight, only your character needs to survive to "win" the game and get the final cinematic; and two: you only need to kill Serevok to win.

Using this method, you can just haste your team, give everyone a weapon (since he's seemingly impervious to all magic) and just pelt the bastard with everything you've got. Ignore his cronies and don't bother healing your team. Sure, a few, maybe even most, of your team will die.

Using this method, I've killed him in 10 seconds.

10. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I found this battle incredibly easy...

Just sent Coran hiding in shadows to trigger the dialogue then the mage teleported infront of my party just infront of the door...

Killed him (then a quick save), brought Coran back. Summon Monsters 3... send them forward to get nailed by all the fireballs etc...

Sarevok's fireballs killed Angelo. Then move in archers/ mages to take out Tazok and Sarevok...

It was all rather quick and anti-cimactic to be honest.

11. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I found this battle on the normal setting easy. I sent my main to tank Sar, because 1 on 1 my PC beats him, had my cleric/fighter take on Tazok, meanwhile my other fighter, (forgot all their names), is also taking out tazok and all three of them are taking hits from everyone else in the room. My mage and OTHER fighter then continue to kill everything else. Yea, I had 4 melee classes and a mage. This works very very well.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I always do that. The mage is annoying as hell.
    Um, Sarevok doesn't have fireballs. Angelo, OTOH, has Arrows of Detonation, and if he uses them too close he catches Sarevok and Tazok too, who then kill him in retribution.

@omnigodly:
    Do you have TotSC? That makes Sarevok a bit harder.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The first time I killed him, I summoned lots of animals from wands if not also spells (can't recall) and took out his lackeyes first.

14. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31

Chevalier's got it true, wands of monster makes a mess o' monsters that make a handy horde. Whee rhymes. And wands! It's all in the wands.

15. Deck-of-cards Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I myself didn't have much trouble with sarevok. At beginning, I cast two summon monster II spells and one raise dead to serve as meat. Then buffed everyone with haste, strength of one and protection from evil '50 radius. I send my PC(a bard) to run around the bhaal symbol, to trigger the sarevok discussion. After it ended, I fired my wand of frost at angelo, then ran the other way around the symbol. The web/stinking cloud .etc didn't hit my bard who was hasted. Then Semaj teleports immidiately to rest of my party, who is easily disposed by my mage and bard casting magic missile and kivan shooting arrows at him. At this point sarevok has arrived and starts whacking my summons. Angelo soon follows, who must be taken out before he shoots his damned arrows, so I used wand of frost in conjunction of Kivan shooting arrows to nail him before he managed to shoot arrows. Tazok and sarevok are still whacking summons, nearly cleared them all. Tazok falls in no time, and then it's just matter of focusing at sarevok with all characters and heavy usage of magic missile. This was with insane difficulty and my party consisted of my Bard, Montaron, Xzar, Branwen, Kivan, Kagain. All characters were approximately at level 7, with the exception of Montaron with his multiclass being something like 5/5 fighter thief.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Forgot to add there was sniping like no tomorrow but you've probably figured out.

17. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sarevok drops really quickly to poisoned arrows and bolts. The last time I fought him in unmodded BG1 I had one archer hit him with an arrow of dispeling (to remove his haste) and everyone then pelted him with poisoned arrows and bolts. Sarevok never even got into melee range with my party. All it takes to win this way is a few failed saves.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The cheesy way of defeating him in TotSC(bear with me, it's been a while):

I had the following group doing this:

1. PC: Bard. (can also be exchanged with any spellcaster or rogue)
    2. Tiax: Thief/Cleric
    3. Viconia: Cleric
    4. Xan: Enchanter
    5. Kagain: Fighter, damagetaker.
    6. Shar-Teel: Fighter, damagegiver.

1. Have Kagain walk up to Tazok's side to lure him down. Make sure you don't initiate Sarevok's speech. After you've killed him, trigger all Doom Guard traps and kill them, and then leave the room and rest up. Save.
    2. Head back in, and once again, stealth and cast sanctuary at Tiax and have him go up and initiate the speech. Do not initiate attack after the speech, instead, quickly run back, still hidden, to the entrance.
    3. After about four seconds, Semaj will arrive. Dispel his shield, and blast him out of oblivion. Sarevok and Angelo will still not arrive.
    4. Buff all your characters, and give ALL protection magic you can to Kagain, and the best armor too. Dedicate Tiax completely to ranged damage and to heal Kagain, while Viconia heals the rest. Give Xan a couple of fire resistance potions to make sure he has over 100% in fire resistance, so all fire attacks and magic will heal him. Don't forget to use all the monster summoning spells and wands you have here, as in BG1 and TotSC, there's no maximum summoning limit like in IWD or BG2.
    5a. Have Kagain go up and tell Sarevok to **** of, to put it blunt. Then, run back, and have Xan outspell Angelo while Angelo shoots his fireball arrows at him, with no effect(actually, it heals him. Could be worse. :p ) After Angelo is outspelled and all his buffs are down, quickly have the Bard cast all his offensive damagedealing attacks upon Angelo to finish him off. This was the hard part.
    5b. Now, Sarevok will start mauling his way through the summons. Have everyone at ranged attack, Kagain using the returning +2 Throwing Axe, and as soon as there's less than five summons left, have Kagain go up close with Sarevok. Have Tiax backstab Sarevok as soon as Sarevok and Kagain have engaged in melee combat, and then rush in with Shar-Teel as well to pound extra damage. Tiax should back up after the backstab and be ready to heal. Every single heal is important, remember that.
    6a. Cast buffs when they are dispelled, and use the Bards song. It's more useable in this fight than his attacking magic or attacks in general, due to Sarevok's low AC and magic resistance. Make sure Kagain does not go down under 40-50% in health, or he'll be quickly executed.
    6b. If Shar-Teel is too wounded, back her up, have her quaff a potion or two, and then go all loose over Sarevok with a bow. She's quite adept to bows, and can deal quite the damage with them. No need to waste healing on her when Kagain needs it the most.
    6c. If things go horribly bad, use the single Cloud Kill wand that can be found with your Bard and have him back away and hide between a pillar. Au contraire to popular belief, Cloud Kill DOES wound Sarevok like regular enemies, and if you have invisibility cast upon you, he can't attack you. Let your team die by this, dealing maximum reckless damage upon Sarevok while falling to his attacks.
    7. Sarevok will eventually fall, and you will come out superiour! Yay!

[ May 04, 2006, 03:58: Message edited by: Rutkowski ]

19. Tofa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i think the first time i did it was by far the cheesiest. i fired fireballs from the 5 or so wands i had. lackeys = death :) then i just rushed S.

20. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Unless I'm in the mood for the full fight. I usually just run up the left side carefully. Lure tazok down. The mage will teleport automatically. Quick kill of the mage then I gang up on Sarevok. PUlling a fighter away long enough to heal as needed and keep other things just pounding away on him. He dies pretty fast. But it's not quite as satisfying as taking out all his lackey's.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.