1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok and Other NPCs

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tyresian, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Does Sarevok have many interactions with the other npcs or is he just like imoen was and only talk to you for a little bit. I'm getting ToB today and this is gonna decide if i want Sarevok or not. Is he also needed for subplots or anything?

Please no big spoilers.

2. Mikka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

*SPOILERS*

First, you have no choice but to revive him, and it makes the most since that you take him along. He's the strongest/best fighter NPC in the game, and can duel to a thief and a mage.

He probaly has the most diolog's with others, excluding the romancers. Almost every party member has a few things to say to him. He also interupts most diolog's with other Bhaalspawn you may meet, and such. He *MAY* also get an alignment change, making him great for whatever alignment parties. ;D

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ah, ah...

What alignment change? TN perhaps?

Only that may persuade me to take the bastard. I don't want the party consisted of pure family (Imoen - sister, Jaheira - mother :p)

4. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD!!!
    Okay.

In his second-to-the-last dialog he has with the protagonist, Sarevok attempts to persuade the protagonist to become the next Lord of Murder, with Sarevok as his right-hand man. When he gets to the point of "Imagine it, <CHARNAME>, together we could advance across the Realms...", if the protagonist is not of an evil alignment and chooses the third option, and takes the second option (if this isn't true in-game, it's because I'm using Infinity Explorer to read the dialogs), and the protagonist sticks to his decision (first option), then there is the possibility developed over previous dialogs that will make Sarevok say "I believe your words have merit...", and force an alignment change to Chaotic Good.

5. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

O.K. that's it!

I'm gonna buy that damn expansion pack! Yes!

Are there other new NPC-s in ToB?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. Balmung Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] To those people who don't want to use Sarevok for the silly reason of not wanting to go through ToB with family all I can say is: if the rest of my character's kin were as strong as Sarevok I'd be riding through Faerun like the Clampetts on the way to Beverly Hills.

Don't knock it 'til you try it. I wish there were a way to solo with Sarevok.

8. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Abso-frikkin-lutely! Sarevok is one heck of a powerful fighter and can deal damage like nobody's business.(Even more than Keldorn with Carsomyr!) HELLO! long lost brother.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah, long lost brother that I killed. No way he's getting into my good party. And I hate that I was forced to resurect the SOB. Should have given me another choice if you ask me. Anyway, he should be happy I haven't killed him...yet. I prefer my created fighter myself. However, when I begin my evil party in the expansion, I'm sure he'll replace Korgan, if only because I'd like to try him.

10. Balmung Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You had he option of killing him when you first talked to him. I have a good party and want to see what happens at the end with his alignment.

11. shadow_thief Guest

I didn't pick him up...in fact, I'm kind of like Crawl, my party is too good for him. He left and I can't get him on my team anyways now that he left.

12. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you must have him, for critical hits he deals out 200 damage :D something called death assault

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Having him in my party is as likely as playing Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Galaxies and having Darth Vader or Darth Maul join as NPCs!

Wait - Vader did turn back good at the end. . .

So if there is Star Wars precedent, then I will take Sarvock into my party. Just in case the Evil Emperor is flaming me with Blue Lightning & I needs someone to throw him into a bottomless pit.

(What?? It could happen!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.