1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok alignment change

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

I am well deep into ToB with Sarevok in my party and I would like to change his alignment if I could. I did not force him to do an oath and he has initiated the first talk back in Saradush. (I have Felinoid's guide) I have responded in the 'good' way but now I have beaten Yaga Shura, and Sendai and am at the final level of WK currently, days have passed and Sarevok hasn't initiated his second talk. (Imoen has already talked about his Bhaal powers and stuff, and has received them so I guessed Sarevok should at least have initiated one more talk too?)

Is there a set date or chapter he would initiate his talks?

Is there a way to check via globals if and when he would talk by using SK? Also, I have a rep of 20 and he is not happy could that be the reason? (never pictured him as the sulking type, but) And finally if it is bugged is there a clua console or global variable I can tinker to trigger his talks and alignment change? It would be so cool and if I can't succeed this I guess he may turn on me at the end big bad Ascension battle.

TIA

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Viccy is the one whose alignment change is very dependent on responses after specific events (such as the destruction of Saradush).

I was able to get Sarevok to change alignments to Chaotic Good even after I had him take the oath. I'm guessing there is a certain score you have to get above to make him change alignments and different responses get different numbers added to or taken away from that score. Even if you don't give the "best" (highest scoring) response for one of the questions the way you answer the rest may still got the score high enough to work.

Also I'm not sure if neutral main characters can make him switch alignments. Any good or neutral (possibly evil too) protagonist can get Viccy to change alignments but I think you may have to have a good alignment to get Sarevok to change. Evil aligned protagonists can't make Sarevok switch.

Sorry I don't know the globals or if there is a possibility that your saved game could have an error messing up your chances for an alignment change. But I would ask you what your protagonist's/main character's alignment is.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well I have started chaotic good and I just checked in case I messed up Hell Trials and no, my protagonist is still proudly chaotic good.

Any help from pros about global variables and codes would be very welcomed!

4. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I always managed to get him to change his alignment, when I had him in party. To me, the responses I need to take were always pretty obvious, but I'll be damned if I remember correct ones. Been almost two years since I last played.

I usually play Good PCs. I don't think I ever played neutral PC, much less evil, so that may play some role.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If you enable cheat keys then Ctrl+I initiates the banter scripts until it picks up one, just keep doing it until you get him to talk :)

Try force talking to him, like you would a blue NPC, he may have a trapped dialogue.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I tried all these suggestions. When using CTRL I Sarevok eventually chit chatted with Jaheira and Imoen and then Imoen and Anomen bantered about the 'book' but that was it. Tried to force talk Sarevok to no avail his mouth is slammed shut. None of this helped, but thanks for the advice.

Any further help would be appreciated. Come on, it can't be that hard to trigger the second alignment change talk via using a code. If I knew how to I would delve into the dialogue tree by using an editor and find out. As it is now, I need help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.