1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Samurai Kit?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by vegetalai, Aug 11, 2002.

1. vegetalai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yeah i was talking to some guys about samurai and some one said there was a kit to download but i cant find it so where is it ? thanx

[ September 10, 2002, 23:38: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Kyrre Gems: 1/31

You can get it with TDD.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I was the one who said that. Yes, there is one that ships with TDD, but I seem to think that there is one with a packages of kits here on SP.

Start your search here.

[edit]Okay, I just checked, there is no pure samurai kit, but there are a number of similar kits (blademaster, ninja). If you want an actual samurai kit, then get TDD, but I would also recommend the ones that you'll find posted here.[/edit]

[ August 11, 2002, 20:44: Message edited by: Rastor ]

4. Nick Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] wait rastor. yousaid the blade master kit . if you did could you download that and make it a class . you see the thing is i wanted that kit but i could not get the infinety pro engine to work for my comuter and it is required to fill in the *** spaces in a file needed to gain the class I neen those numbers. would you be able to get them for me ?? please?

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31

I seem to think that you need more than simply IEEP to get that information. I never bothered to download the 2da extracter. I'll see what I can do.

[ September 02, 2002, 03:31: Message edited by: Rastor ]

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Is that kit something like Monk meets paladin meets kensai?!?

7. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Nick, Rastor (editing newbies eh? :p ), simply open the 2da files in Notepad, and you can check the numbers. :D
    I think it's Kits.2da IIRC.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31

IIRC Gopher, you need to use kit editor to install those kits properly, as they are in TBG format. That program will not work without the 2da extractor (which is called WinBiff, BTW). IEEP can also supposedly extract the necessary files out of default.2da.

9. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What software is required to install kits?

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31

11. chimpmaster Gems: 1/31

Out of interest what is this kit like?

I would have thought that Kensai kit was close enough to a samurai -

12. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The Blademaster is hardly a Samurai since he can't even use Katana or wear Chainmail and greater (Samurai is not a Ronin...)

The Ninja is just a Thief with no armor and harm evasion skill, which doesn't really shows any aspects of a Ninja. The grandmastery in a blade is nice, but overall it makes Ninja sounds like a thief who can use blades well but cannot wear armor, which is pathetic...

Go here:

http://tdd.teambg.net/?page=kits&color=B09800&sel=0

13. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ninja's are suppose to wear light armor.

14. h4tt0ri Gems: 1/31

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forums but I found it on the web when I was looking for an anwser... that I actually didn't find anyway.

so here's the deal I've just downloaded Samurai Kit from this site and I have Windows 7 isntalled on my PC BG2+ToB.
    I've tried to install this kit, and it failed :bad: i've got this error:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4889/73921330.jpg

anyone of you know how can I fix it or install properly?

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Make sure you run the installer as administrator and the directory you are installing to isn't Read Only.

If that doesn't work try downloading the file again, it could be a corrupt file.

If you have any further problems you might not want to resurrect a thread that's over eight years old and start a new one to deal with your problem ;)

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, I was impressed that h4 did a search before (s)he asked the question. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.