1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Saddam Hussein 'arrested in Iraq'

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Wildfire, Dec 14, 2003.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1. Hillary is NOT a babe.

2. Chelsey might very well be. She was smart enough to move to the other side of the contiguous States; that alone is babe material. But then, to contrast, she's a lawyer. It's like, 49/51, but I'm not sure which side it is with the majority. Only time will tell, I'm afraid.

3. The general idea is if you are funding the enemy, you're not helping the situation. Right or wrong, do or die, that's how it's worked in the past and that's how it works today.

4. It's not that all these terrorists don't hate all the Europeans. ALL of the Europeans. Even the ones that haven't joined the European Union or NATO just yet. It's that right now, the vast majority of roads lead to the United States. Personally, I don't really care; I have better things to do than play games with my little Ego. But there are people who don't, and those are probably the majority right now.

So, the Great White Fleet makes a world tour. Partially out of Marketing, partially out of deterrance. Either way, envy or fear, it combines to form hate. It's popular to hate the US.

People hate us because we have the ability to bus kids to everyone's playground. Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Seriba, South America, Cuba, Columbia. I don't know how to spell the others. Just because we don't send tanks doesn't mean we don't have U-2's flying overhead.

The last time we didn't have the ability to bus kids around the world, people were in the habit of Impressing our kids. Mostly out of disdain, but partially out of revenge. It's old news, but there's still some lessons to be remembered.

Terrorism isn't going away in our lifetime. I mean, the IRA isn't bombing my hometown, but it still irks me to read or hear about it.

The Bottom Line:

When terrorists bomb a plane out of the air over Scotland, we don't think "Bah! That's just stiff necked Britts and drunk Scotts. Man, **** Sherlock Holmes and Britain."

We think "Whoa! Dude, that could have been us! I mean, it wasn't; but it could have been. Christ, last week it was us when that guy rolled a load of fertilizer up to that Federal building. Oh man, that could have been Joe. Or Mary. Or our grand daughter. Dude, we gotta do something about that."

Now, sure. It's strictly selfish. There's no question about it being selfish. We're only worried about ourselves.

*cough*

But we have a *really* extended family...

2. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Saddam should be taken to the streets of Baghdad and handed over to the Iraqi people to do with him as they see fit, in a similar fashion as what happened with Mussolini...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.