1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ryder Cup 2008

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who's going to win it guys?

What do we think of the pairings?

And what about Faldo crying?! Poof!

I think it's going to be closer than people think. Everyone seems to think Europe will win again by a big margin, but I dont know. I think we might miss the eperience of Monty, he's an animal in the Ryder Cup. Getting Harrington in first is crucial, we've dominated in the Ryder Cup lately as we always seem to get an early lead. Harrington getting on top of Mickleson straight away is what we want. I think the Westwood/Garcia pairing is going to win at the end, that's a niled on for me, so if we can win at the start of the day and the end, we should have a lead the US are always trying to catch. Be good, can't wait for tee off :-). The crate of beers is cooling for me, I am not budging from the sofa for 2 days.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Barmy - one of the reasons you see so little activity in this thread is a large percentage of Americans only watch golf when Tiger is playing. I'm guilty of this as much as anyone. When Tiger is playing, and make a point to watch golf, when he isn't playing, I only watch when there is nothing else compelling going on sports wise. On a weekend when there was tons of football to watch, the only thing I saw of the Ryder Cup were the highlights on SportsCenter.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I watched several of the Saturday matches but was out of the house most of yesterday.

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My problem is that I don't watch golf, unless I am bored into watching TV and find nothing better on. I can enjoy storylines and such, but the game isn't nearly as fun to watch as it is too play... unfortunately I don't get to play it much either. Then there's the whole whispering announcers thing, I know they aren't close enough to the players so they could do worse (which they are) then just talk like normal commentators.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.