1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rotku's Kitchen Madness #2

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Rotku, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Was surfing the web a couple of a weeks ago and stumbled across a mention of "Obama's favourite chili recipe" (well, I guess it was favorite rather than favourite, but it just feels wrong writing it that way), so had to go and give that a try at some stage, for a bit of a laugh. Quick google found the answer. Nothing nicer than having the smell of chili wafting through the house. Only problem is Lizzie (one of my flat mates and girlfriend) doesn't like strong chili, so may make a smaller batch for her, and add a bit more spices to the main heap.

Method is simple. Brown the meat/onion/garlic. Mix everything together (minus beans) and let simmer for a while. Add beans, and heat.

Serve with white rice.

Verdict
    Average. The red wine vinegar really gave the tomatoes a lovely tinge to them. Other than that, it was quite remarkably normal. I think if I were to make it again I'd definitely add more flavour to it - whether that be just increasing the quantity of ingredients or adding some others, I don't know.

Moral of this story is Presidents aren't great culinary experts.

And on a slight side note, Shine On You Crazy Diamond is playing now on the radio!

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mother makes a lovely chili using root ginger to add heat to it, I've not grabbed the recipe myself yet as my othe half has a woefully low tolerance for some decent heat.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Interesting. Strong ginger flavour? If the recipe happened to fall into your hands, would love to hear. I do like myself a good chili - just my recent ones have been far too plain.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll get hold of my mother and see if she'll forward it to me, I think the only one of hers I've got at the moment if for a red thai chilli which is very nice too.

The ginger flavour in the chili isn't too strong, I didn't notice it properly at first, but it adds a definite warmth, will get the recipe for you (My mother usually annotates her recipes for alternatives as well)

5. 8people

Media:
    She says it's a foolproof recipe, to be fair it looks it as well, hope it turns out well if you try it :)

6. Rotku

Awesome. Going to try it next week. Might put it in the slow cooker and see how it goes - maybe Saturday.

Thanks 8people!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.