1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Duffin, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't know if any SPer's follow snooker, I haven't seen any threads before so I just wondered if anyone did. :p Anyway today Ronnie O'Sullivan conceded his match at only 4-1 against Hendry. For me this is getting boring now, does this bloke just try and make controversy anyway he can? He's been saying he wants to retire since he was 18, a few years ago he sat yawning and asking people in the crowd the time when he lost to Peter Ebdon in a world championship semi final, after which he said he would'nt be on the tour next year. Last UK championship he sat with a towel on his head when he played Mark King. His antics are not only bizarre but disrespectful to the players and most of all the fans, who pay good money to go and see him play. He is without doubt one of the best natural talents ever to pick up a cue, but if he carries on like this I'm not sure I want to see him on the circuit anymore. Do any of you guys follow Snooker and if so how do you feel about Ronnie?

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    He's a bit odd, but I find him entertaining. I remember when he caused a lot of fuss for playing with his left hand. I don't think he really likes playing snooker on the circuit, unless he's really on the ball and easily beating everyone. It wasn't that long ago when he said he was going to play pool instead 0 what happened to that?

3. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Yeh it was not last years world championship but the year before when he lost to Ebdon. In the end he still played on the tour but also played on the American pool tour, because of this he missed the Malta Cup and slid down the rankings. He says he wants to be the best but you can't have that and miss tournaments at the same time. I fancyied him to thrash Hendry who's been struggling this year, at 4-1 he was definetly not out of it. He gets on my **** though, he doesn't give a crap what the consequences of his actions are, I hope he gets a big fine of the WSA. Well thats 1 more reply than I was expecting! :p

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's a massive shame because when he plays at his best, nobody can get near him. Nobody. He's untouchable.

For years now he's been saying he doesn't know if his heart is in Snooker anymore, but he still carries on and has his tantrums at times, however I still believe theres more to his madness than meets the eye. Perhaps he's just got clinical depression, who knows.

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Wow! Another snooker follower!
    Anyway, The Rocket said he was still mourning for his friend Paul Hunter, who died in October (IIRC).

I admire him whenever he's playing, he, like Barmy said, is untouchable if he wants to play.
    I think that he's something different in a sport where everything seems to be very serious and quiet. He's like a black sheep (I'm not sure if that is used in English) and I think is a good thing. Of course that there are times where things are a bit exagerated; if he felt that he was too sad to play against Hendry, he shouldn't start the game. There were lots of people who pay just to whatch HIM play the game, you have to have some respect for them.

And Ebdon, man he can annoy with his very slow game; Ronnie, being a very fast player, with his actions said something everybody was thinking out loud. Maybe that was not the way, but hey, he's the Rocket!

Maybe now that Ding Junhui, Neil Robertson and all these new blood is starting to play at a high level, Ronnie will walk out, or maybe he will start to be serious.

6. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Didn't realise you had replied Sydax, I thought trying to find a snooker fan on these boards was like trying to get blood from a stone. :p Ronnie just won the Masters by bulldozing Ding Junhui 10-3, looks like he has started to take things seriously again. At one point Ding tried to concede much like Ronnie did in York but Ronnie took him out to his dressing room (it was a mid session interval) and persuaded him to continue playing. It was quite touching too see, especially coming from Ronnie who at times struggles with the game himself. World Championship next, who's your money on? Ronnie and Ding are obviously big contenders as is Higgins and Doherty who can both produce Snooker close to Ronnies at times. Stevens and Ebdon also seem to thrive in the longer frame matches. Personally I want Hendry to win hes my favourite player and I'm determined hes going to get an 8th World Championship, hes been playing well this season but it's going to be tough with the influx of quality young players, so long as Dott doesnt win again!

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Man what a game. Ding almost made me cry too...
    He couldn't even play in the evening session, The Rocket was amazing. And in the last frame Ronnie was kind of throwing some bad shots just to let Ding play a bit, but Ding was obioulsy shocked.
    I hope Ronnie stays this way, we'll see in Malta how things going.

8. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Yup poor Ding, hope this doesnt affect him too badly as hes an amazing talent. Unfortunatly I can't watch the Malta Cup as I only have BBC not Sky :( so I have to follow it on the net and papers. I gotta wait till April and the World Championship although me and a mate may be getting tickets, hopefully to see Hendry :D although last year he lost to Nigel Bond so we were stuck with him. :rolleyes:

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31

So Michael Holt kicked The Rocket out of the Malta Cup. Ronnie started well with 2 - 1 in the first 3 frames but then Ronnie started to miss easy balls. Holt played an excellent game. Great victory for him, even tho Ronnie didn't play well at all.

10. Eladuin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well I cant say i'm one of the best snooker followers but when I got a little small free time , I try to check cause I believe its one of the hardest games in the world... You have to calculate your shooting angle... you have to calculate you speed for your ball's next position ... anyway ... also i cant say I really like O'Sullivan much but I have to say , he knows whats he doing.. he really deserves his money , fame , etc..

11. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Good to see another follower, nice to meet you Eladuin.

12. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I watch Snooker if I happen to see it when I'm zappin' through the channels. It's interesting to watch when it's a good player playing, O'Sullivan is definetly such a player.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.