1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romancing Viconia ??'s

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by diesel, Sep 2, 2005.

1. diesel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay - everything is fine - doing well - game going well with no bugs or crashes - and then one day I wake up in an inn and she is ticked off I rejected her the nite before...

But I didn't at all...

I just finished off the underground Vamp hideout of Bodihn ( SP?? ) and went back to the city to rest up - and when I woke up bam!!!

So - do I have to go back to last save? or can I pull it out by being nice to her and get a 2nd chance??

Thanks for the info!

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Depends on how you responded to her -- as long as you did not choose the response to avoid each other (or agree with her when she suggests it). You may want to reload, but you can also check the ViconiaRomanceActive variable -- if it's 1 you're okay, 3 means you did something wrong and need to reload.

At the very least, do not save over the last saved game unless you get another romance dialogue.

3. Alynn'nari Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well I have down very well with Viconia, you prolly have treated her the wrong way, cause I refused to sleep with her the first time and then since I hade know choice I did so and so far in that file the romance continued.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

5. Deadboy Gems: 1/31

No, this isn't a mistake he made. I recently ran into the same problem. I've been reading as much online resources as I could on this, including the romance guide -- what I think is supposed to happen (from reading the romance guide, when I first played back in the day I did the Jaheira romance) is you click the button to rest, you immediately get the "Shivers" conversation with Viconia, which eventually leads to the option to sleep with her. After those dialogue options are all followed, you get the tent "resting" graphic, then Viconia starts another conversation, with her either insulting your sexual prowess if you slept with her or her being upset if you didn't. What is happening to us is it is skipping the first convo and going straight to the haven't slept with her convo.

It's really annoying, and considering a lot of Viconia's romance options work the same way, I'm worried it'll happen again later in the romance... Is this a bug with Windows XP, or perhaps a bug with the official update, which I installed to get rid of the annoying "XXX is busy" bug?

6. Fantapoppa Gems: 1/31

I went through around 15 hours of baldur's gate 2 EE with Viconia romance and I had this problem, it was very lame but through the romancing guide provided previously I was able to fix the bug and like to share with anyone else that comes across the bug (BG2 was infamous for its romance bugs)

For some reason the game decide to skip the whole scene where you get spend a romantic night with viconia (LT=39) and goes straight to the next scene (LT=41), but because #39 never happened, the global "SleptViconia" remains "0" which means you refused her.
    The way I fixed this by doing the following with the console commands:
    step 1. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","Locals",37)
    *while cursor pointing at Viconia Portrait*

step 2. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1)
    *changes the timer for the scene to happen immediately

step 3. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1)
    *did this again to set the delay timer to 1

- what this does is it sets the conversation back to when she was blabbling about the spider queen and how her brother saved her, i just chose different responses to the dialogue and it was able to amend the bug.

step 4. Wait for the dialogue sequence and respond correctly
    *the LT will go from 37 to 39. If it's not 39 you won't get the right scenes.
    to check this type CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","Locals")
    while cursor on Viconia Portrait, it should say LT=39

step 5. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1)
    *do this twice again to skip the dialogue and delay timers

step 6. Rest
    *I rested outside because resting at an inn didn't seem to work

the proper dialogue for LT=39 should appear now and everything back in order.

For those having trouble using console command, theres many guides out there. But simply edit "baldur.ini" in the baldur's gate 2 my documents folder using a wordpad (not notepad), then adding the text

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

this will enable command console, and can be activated in game by pressing space + RCtrl. If you can't see the command console text just press Ctrl+M

peace

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.