1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romances?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Errol, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Right, how do romances work? I want to be with that sexy Sharwyn....oooh yes.
    So how can i do it, if i can at all?

[edit to below - ah, Cheers people!]

[This message has been edited by Gopher (edited July 15, 2002).]

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

First, you must be in Chapter Two. To enable it, talk to her, and tell her that you just want to talk. Then she should start telling you a story. Just proceed with that and be kind to her the whole time.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Is there one about Linu, and...other male NPCs?

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Not that I know of.

Sharwyn and Aribeth for males, Aarin Gend for females.

[This message has been edited by Rastor (edited July 16, 2002).]

5. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Aribeth????????
    Huh?
    how is that possible?

6. Pretend Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Linu has been telling long story to me since chapter1 when I met her. Seems to continue each time I level up, but now in ~midpoint of chapter 2 she hasn't continued the story for awhile.. maybe it's just a story/sidequest not a romance though. Dunno.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Are you in Chapter Two yet, with a decent persuade skill? You'll see what I mean if you're nice to her and all.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to say the romance with Aribeth is not much to talk about. A bit of nicety in chapter two then nothing until almost the end. Maybe it'll continue if they release a new game.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Is the Sharwyn one any better? I went with Aribeth, but am curious as to whether or not as much thought was put into these as into the ones with BG2.

I started Sharwyn's, but I couldn't get her to continue her story in Chapter Two. Then I started Chapter Three, which would most likely end it.

[This message has been edited by Rastor (edited July 17, 2002).]

10. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Think Sharwyn romance will be bether.
    Aribeths cant be specially long because of the story....us in chapter 3 knows...

11. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I *tried* romancing Sharwyn. Unluckily, after I revealed my feelings for her in the end, she said that she didn't feel the same way :wail:. Ah well, maybe the fact that I'm two-timing her with Aribeth influenced her decision. Aribeth didn't seem to mind ;).

12. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

In chapter 2 I started romancing Aribeth and I got her ring and now I am in chapter 3 and I was wondering if it gets any further?

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As I said, nothing more until nearly the end, but the dialog is not bad; it's just that it's left all up in the air... I was expecting a little closure with her, and Tomi as well at the end; a little bit about what happened with each of them after... Nothing. Just general "victory and rebuilding". Bah.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 17, 2002).]

14. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Thanks, I was just wondering if it was done or not.

15. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Aye, the ending is very generic but it leaves a lot of space for an expansion/sequel. Bring on NWN 2!

16. Menathor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Haha, there is no way I could ever call these romances or even compare them to the Jaheira or Aerie ones from BG. By the way Linu is pretty sweet, beats Sharwyn.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.