1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romance is in the air

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Aug 12, 2015.

1. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    her romance talks are interspersed throughout her normal dialogues, though some of them have pretty strict conditions, here's a list for the first few i was able to find :
    After talk 2: party has to be in Athkatla.
    After talk 6: party has to be in the Copper Coronet or another tavern like Delosar's inn or the Brynlaww tavern.
    After talk 8: party has to be in Athkatla again.
    After talk 9: happens after a battle
    After talk 10: happens after quest (not sure if it happens on any quest or only on completing one of her personal quests)
    After talk 12: happens when the party has rested.

Some of her later lovetalks will only trigger after Spellhold, so if you've gone through a bunch of them already and things seem to come to a halt, that might be the problem right there.
    For all lovetalks that don't have a specific trigger, but are simply time related, you could always try the console command CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime("999999999")

The Neeraromanceactive variable should be at 1 or 2 (2 means the romance is committed and you can't romance any other potential love interests anymore) if you mess up somewhere along the way the variable will change to 3 and the romance is broken off.

2. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    How do I see what the romance level is at? 1,2 or 3?

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can look at the globals via console or EE Keeper.

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    How hard is it to romance Aerie? I'd like to try her for a change but she is so damn annoying.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    She's probably the easiest one to romance. All you gotta do is coddle her.

Also, I'm always astounded that some people find Aerie anywhere close to as annoying as Jaheira.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think it's the voice-acting, as Aerie's voice is whinier than Jaheira's. Jaheira is way more high maintenance than Aerie though.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I don't know, I haven't had Aerie in my party for so long I can't even remember her voice anymore. I guess it's time for a new playthrough.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    It's not so much her voice as it is her whining all the time about her wings and not being bearable to live on the ground. But yea her voice does add some a little annoyance as well I guess.

I'm also starting up a Half-orc Blackguard. The info on the 1st page says Viconia should be able to romance with a Half-orc?

Does it matter who is in your party in order for the romance to advance for anyone?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  9. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    As long as you are playing the enhanced edition you should be able to romance viconia as a half-orc.
    As far as who you have in your party, you obviousl won't get lovetalks if you don't bring along your love interest - other then that i think it's only Aerie who has another npc that can interfere with the romance (Haer'dalis) though i'm not sure about how the newly added npc's in the enhanced edition (neera, dorn, rasaad & hexxat) interact/interfere with the love plots for the already existing npc's.

10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Thanks xosmi. Yes I'm playing the EE. It's kinda like a new game for me. I love it!
    I did know about the HD / Aerie getting it on and HD challenging you for her. I would love to try that out but BOTH of them are annoying as someone try and talk to me about sports. I have NO interest in sports. I like my RPG stuff, be it P&P or video games. Or WHQ on the rare occasion I can talk others into playing it. Not often enough though.
    I've been playing BG 2 EE on and off for months and I just keep coming back to it :)
    Well OF COURSE I do, it's my favorite game ever :tobattle:Sorry Nanaki your a very close 2nd :1eye:

11. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    What, if any, is the point of the romancing? Is it just something they added to the game or does it actually do something?
    I don't mind either way but if there's more to it than just a little love going around then that'd be kinda cool :cool:

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yes, they'll cook for you and clean your armor...

13. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    LOL!
    To bad you can't romance fast enough so they cook the dog stew for you :borg:

14. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    There's not real benedit aside from some more exposition.. some romances give you a few more things to do, like clearing out the harper's base for jaheira's romance - and the enemies gear that comes with it, but your companions won't do anything they wouldn't have done without romancing them, besides maybe have a bit diffrent dialogue in places.

15. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Thanks xosmi.

16. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I thought that you could get into the harper base as a part of that quest with the two evil NPCs from BG1 as well? You don't need to be romancing Jaheira for that. Except maybe if you want the gear that is on the NPCs in the harper base (and you don't want to attack them unprovoked), though I don't think that they have anything special on them.

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think the reference was to the later battle in the harper base where you wind up fighting several harpers who want to imprison you. The Xzar/Montaron bit is open to anyone, not just a Jaheira romance participant.

18. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Yeah, i was talking about that part - i guess you could still attack the harpers without going through the jaheira romance, as far as i remember they carry some minor enchanted gear, nothing too special, though going through the romance is the only way to get the harper pin which 'terminsel' gives you. (which, granted - is a jaheira only item, so if you're not going to bring her along in the first place doesn't serve much purpose in obtaining.)

19. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The only way I ever got that harper pin was if I purposefully dragged my feet everywhere, and then still I usually you'd have to faff about for a while - the Jaheira romance takes forever to 'complete'.

If you have a thief or bard with UAI, you can use the harper pin yourself, though.

20. dmc

Media:
    Or Jan if you keep him long enough to get HLAs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.