1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Role Playing Personalities

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Kurgan, Nov 2, 2000.

1. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My characters name is Ulrich.

He's a character from a book by David Gemmel called 'Legend' If you have'nt read it I recommend you do, its bloody fantastic. Its very AD&D style!!

2. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Shrike was a minor villian in a Marvel comic. Since Gambit and Cable were taken .... The 00 comes from the original being used already. I did it when signing up for AOL back in ... sheesh .... 1993? Anyway I have used it ever since.

In the game I usually play Mordecai Kane. I have no idea where I got it. I first used it in a Battletech game and have used it often since.

3. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I use Don Machiavelli for my evil character.. i guess none of u need any introductions to this cunning man

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My characters name is Logan (from Wolverine). I have role played with that name for many years.
    As far as my board name?
    Why the funk not? (I dig funk music)

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sometimes when I play lawful good char I choose name Blade as a comic character that nails vampires. He is himself a type of that creature, but on side of light.

When I play chaotic (good or neutral) I use Icarus for not listening to elders wisdom and trying to get any option.

When I play as true neutral I use Extremist. True neutral is in my opinion extreme rare alignment (think on this, will ya), so that's connection with that name. That person is sometimes lawful, sometimes chaotic, sometimes good, sometimes evil, sometimes mercyful, sometimes ruthless. All mix of acts at last make result of true neutral person. And this personality never takes rewards for deeds! That doesn't mean he's not responsible or that he lies about it.

When I play as evil character, I use any name that crosses my mind. Why? The easiest way thru life is to be evil (note: that alignment doesn't make always a criminal). So, anyone starts experiment of life as evil, and that's why I use any name because those characters I don't find important. In fact, my motto is "everything pays back" so if someone thinks that will be excused for his evil deeds and escape destiny, that one is very wrong. If I don't get him, the higher source (god) will do that job.

Geez, what nonsenses did I just write? Am I crazy? Who cares.

6. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Parvini is my surname.

My first bard was called Nyladin because it sounded pretty D&Dish

and my evil mage is called Natas which is Satan backwards.

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My typical character is a Paladin, so I name him Kahraman. Kahraman is the Turkish word for paladin. Anyone notice the similarity to Caramon of DragonLance here?

For BG2 I used the name Aridhol. Aridhol is a city in RJ's Wheel of Time series. The city fought against the Shadow by turning inwards, and was destroyed by evil within rather than evil without. The fallen city was renamed Shadar Logoth. So Aridhol represents the time when the city was still whole, yet had darkness inside. Much like the protagonist.

OK, so overly philosophical. You'll get over it.

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Well any of you who have read Dragonlance series knows already that my name is taken from one of the characters in the chronicles.

She however is not the nicest of characters where i on the other hand am a sweetheart ;)

9. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

'Stargazer' is the title of a favourite song of mine. The rest are the initials of the guitarist and the singer who wrote the song. Apart from that, I used it as a nickname for my bard in an AD&D adventure because he was supposed to be into astronomy and stuff. He was the best character I've ever played. And I just love the sound of the name. Stargazer... Someone that loves gazing into the stars dreamingly, wondering what tomorrow will bring. I dunno but I like it.

10. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dang, i'm going to have to look through some of my history notes again. I can think of a couple of good names out of history(not off of the top of my head though) that would fit in quite nice in this game.

am i the only one that chose a name just because it sounded cool(to me at least) and because u thought of it by your self?(kinda a self pride kinda thing)(hope it doesn't have any significance)but my characters name is Brax. no real reason, just it sounds cool.(great, now i'm rambling)

11. Trunculo Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Quite some time ago when I attempted to play my first MUD, I attempted to use the name Trinculo - the fool in Shakespear's "The Tempest". Of course, by the time I realized I typo'd the danged thing, my character was already made.

Subsequently, an Italian friend pointed out that Trunculo sounds pretty naughty in Italian. Now, I kind of dig the name.

12. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My name has been molded out of the iron will of my soul. It is a way of representing myself with out speaking a word (technically). I started using it years ago when I was young and though about changing my real name. It was the one that stuck.

I think the largest reason for it's sticking was that I needed a name for all the conventions and such that I went to. You can't call your DM Bob or Dave (neither of which is my name), but referring to him as Dauntalus, tends to grab the attention of all around the table. I don't use it for characters, just for myself.

Character names are generally derived on the spot, and I have thousands of them.

[This message has been edited by Dauntalus (edited May 12, 2001).]

13. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Eh... my name ident self-explanatory, and I use it in everything but RPG's (that would be kinda lame). I came up with the name when i was oh 7 or 8 years old. I heard he was the chief god and god of the sun in Egyptian mythology. Well y'see i had (have) this thing with staring DIRECTLY into the sun for long periods of time, and as a result wear extremely powerful glasses. It's just kinda irksome when people call me Amon or Ra. It's Amon-Ra. Amon is a god in Egyptian mythology. Ra is a god in Egyptian mythology. Amon-Ra is their union. Get it right people! :D

Amon-Ra

14. shikaka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

*shikaka* the great white bat

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.