1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ridiculous Difficulty of Game -- What's the Point?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Spellbound, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Lord Nad -- As one of your "stupid" fellow gamers, I must have missed your class on the intricacies of party formation. Hmmm, but it appears, indeed, that all is not for naught -- your enlightening comments have given us true insight to that illusive art. :rolleyes:

[ September 28, 2002, 05:44: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

2. arcaedus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I sure love a good flaming crispy online debate...and as I'm sure everyone has their enlightened opinions, I'd like to point out that referring to people online as "stupid" is both fleeting and rife with cosmic irony. No party formation is perfect, as no party can contain and represent every possible need or happenstance you could require in a complete RPG like Icewind...I have found that my monk, however quick, deadly, and useful he is, is not always a good fighter against more than 4 or 5 melee combatants at a time, regardless of his 3 attacks per round, or his stunning fists...

but even then...my monk never ceases to amaze me at how accurate his simple fists can be, even though my warrior's improved critical oftentimes deals 45 damage compared to my monk's critical of 25...

every char and party formation has its own flaws and misconstrued strengths... a true flawless party formation is a party formed by a person who knows how to implement every strength of their chars...and compensate for every weakness and shortcoming.... so...in conclusion...I'm neither amazed nor shocked at Nad's presumptuous postings and arrogant attitude, maybe if we all turn our backs and ignore him he might buzz away like the primordial fly he is... ;)

[ September 27, 2002, 07:57: Message edited by: arcaedus ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.