1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Riddle Time!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Morgoth, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Alright, just got a nice set of riddles. Some of you might find out where I got them from, but that ain't important.. :D

I post a riddle, and the guy/girl who answers correctly, may post the next one. So complicated! Don't you think, Sparky??

A man was killed in a movie theater. He was in the front row, his killer was around the middle. His killer fired three shots into the back of the victim's head. The victim died almost instantly. However, the body wasn't found until the lights went on. The theater had other people in it. The movie had no loud sounds to disguise the shots. A silencer was not used. Why was the murder not discovered for so long?

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Because they hadn't found the body?

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Because the 'shots' weren't bullets, they were.. er.. Fanta cans?

4. Morgoth

Media:
    :weneedafrowningsmilie:

Fanta cans would make an odd noise if they hit a person with enough force to kill him, right?

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

He used a crossbow? :p

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Ok, so the murderer fired darts, arrows, bolts, nails, whatever :p

(edit: Oh come on! I answered the same time as Yerril! Give the point to me! Me me me!

7. Morgoth

Media:
    Those would make too much noise and some of them need a lot of movement, you know, stand up, shoot, and the guy behind you will see it.

Yerril, crossbows make noise :p

8. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Maybe because there was a special show for deaf people, with subtitles, and so the entire audience was composed by deaf people?...Ok, it sounds a bit irrealistic, but not so absurde, after all....

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Not all bows make nosies. You can get thing on them for hunting which stops the sound (not called a silencer) and some could be used sitting down.

Or maybe it was an injection sort of shot?

Following Aragorns guess, prehaps it was one of those places where the have headphone. Either for non-whateverlanguage speaking people, or for... yeah. So if they had the headphones they might not have been able to hear.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There was only two people in the theatre.

11. Morgoth

Media:
    Nope, nope and nope. Let me give a hint, it's about the weapon used.

12. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Allright, let me give it a shot :D
    What if the murderer used a blowpipe loaded with poisonous darts (or whatever the projectiles are called) ?
    No sounds, no obvious movements, and with the right poison the victim would not have the time to scream or move.
    Am I right ? :confused:

13. Morgoth

Media:
    Yaaaayy!!!

14. Kralizek Gems: 7/31

Yuppi-da-duh !
    Although I could not have guessed without your help Morgoth. Now if I understood right it is my turn to post a riddle, right ?
    If so, I will need some time to come up with something nasty. :evil: :grin:
    Please allow me some time to think about it, I promise I will be back in a few hours.

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A blowpipe! And I thought the killer brought a pillow with him to muffle the gunshot sound. :grin :grin: :grin

16. Troll Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Gopher
    Kralizek
    Morgoth
    Gopher was robbed! I demand a recount! Kralizek didn't say what color the darts were, or how long the blowpipe was.

Imagine this;

Holmes: 'Can you tell how he died Watson?'
    Watson: 'Dart to the back of the head, old fellow.'
    Holmes: 'You couldn't be more wrong, my dear boy. It was a blowpipe-dart to the back of the head. Elementary really, my dear..ouch, ahwow, what the **** are you doing?'

17. Kralizek Gems: 7/31

Technically, you do not fire darts, I believe you throw them. The blowpipe was the important element. I also added I was not sure if a blowpipe fires darts or the projectiles have another name, and that they had to be poisonous...
    :D *shamelessy defending his own cause* :D

I am however ready to leave the honor of the next riddle to Gopher, if he and Morgoth (as the proposer of the riddle) agree. It is after all only a game. I will therefore wait to see what their opinions are.
    In the meanwhile, I will just reach deeper into my memory and find a nearly impossible riddle, for this or a future round. :evil:

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dammit! Who cares about them! Just post a riddle and be on with it!

19. Morgoth

Media:
    What can make a seeing man blind, a blind man see, can destroy mountains, and you can build castles with it.

20. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hope.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.