1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Retsnimle, the soloing Wizard Slayer's Saga

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Nobleman, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Graz73 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

After all of this posting, adventuring and roll playing, I think Nobleman and the rest of us will be really sad if Retsnimle is killed in some minor encounter. He's got to be a really good player to be able to keep this up. I died LOTS of times and I had a whole party with my monk...

2. Avooch Dar Guest

Experienced players like me and Nobleman (and of course Earl grey) have the ability to get through a great deal of the game without dying. I have just done the druid grove quest with my shapeshifter and have stil not perished yet. Although i have come pretty close!

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

DIRECTORS NOTE: Sorry about the one day break. Exams... Hehe, Yes Lilacor would be an awesome pal :) if Resnimle would get his green butt down to the slavers. His simple mind has far to much to figure out now though. anyway about surviving. I have only one player to keep my attention to. If I have six I usullay end up reloading much more, rear attacks gets stuck in doors, low xp progress etc. so I am not a great player Avooch :p But Retsnimle still have my longest non-death run. One for the x-files. :) I had not planned to write this long.. hmm. Now I kinda like him too and would hate to see him death. As You can imagine it gets pretty intense when I sit and play and he can't and must not die. Enough chattering.

Industrial ligh and magic
    He stood at a big door. Behind it he could hear voices talking and yelling, many voices. a tense atmospere was on both sides of the door. Retsnimle swicthed to his bow from the big scary castle. It was a good bow that helped him hit a lot. He opened the door and gave a shot at the first one inside. A woman. She got pretty hurt, but a second later she was surrounded with all sorts of magic. "Me arrow did that?" Retsnimle hadn't seen this before and took another shot at her. No effect. A man began to speak, he seemed too agitated for Retsnimle. he told Retsnimle that he would die. "No' no" Retsnimle took a shot at him too. But no hit. The room was filled with magic. This as easy as scrathing me head.

Pop goes the weasel.. and the thieves
    two thieves popped up besides him. Retsnimle popped one of them back with two critical hits. But then Retsnimle felt a heavy deep breathing behind him. You be the biggest mephit-bat me've seen From irenicus' dungeon retsnimle was afraid of mephits. This was a demon. Retsnimle scrated his head, turned around and retreated.

fear is only possed by Retsnimle
    Retsnimle did barely come out of the door, at the wooden bridge in a circular room, in one piece. He just got the door, closed a split second before a Symbol of fear hit him and feared him. A split second from certain death. To make things worse the demon besides him hit harder than a mephit, a lot harder. Retsnimle spend the next two minutes running around panicked with a demon at his tail. Luckily the Shadow thieves complex is very very big.

Tip-Toeing Demon
    Retsnimle calmed down in the torture chamber. He had lost the Demon somewhere. And now it had returned to its natural place. Hell. "nheeeeeeeeeeee." Retsnimle began to whistle. He Looked at his Orcish-armor. Not a scratch. His body was one scrath "Me still have me body, hehe. Me tell that lad' no' to throw monster with wings in me head like those dumb genies" Retsnimle approached the long hallway again, not wanting to run to Ogma now. A bit angry and upset, that they wouldn't just die. Round the corner and up the wooden stairs. This was the door he had closed.

First blood... and a lot of enemy blood
    He opened the door. A lonely thief stood behind. "Me have' to kill You". The thief was unaffected by Retsnimle proposal, as he planted a blade in Retsnimle. He told Retsnimle that the blade had his name on it. Retsnimle didn't follow. Retsnimle grunted and attacked back. Unfortunately the stupid lady had come around the corner, from Linvails room. Retsnimle switched to his bow and Bombarded her with Acid arrows. She went down in pain failing to cast any spells. Another thief had come out of the shadows and hit Retsnimle in the back.
    You two stop cutting me armor Retsnimle grunted to the two theives. He swithed in for melee. They eventually fell for the sturdy Half-orc's axe and flail. Retsnimle picked up the first Thiefs Blade. He could see no name on it. "Dumb thief. Hehe told me that his blade had me name on it"

DIIRECTORS NOTE:I still have exams so I only played for 20 minutes. On monday we can get some more progress. Stay tuned friends, pretty please :) As to Retsnimle, his isn't a dwarf so his save Vs. Spells are still poor, and he has to low int. to cast scrolls so no prot. Vs magic. But he has a lot of Hp. to bouce of with. One sturdy fella.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited June 09, 2001).]

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

DIRECTORS NOTE:Retsnimle can finally get some action going. This episode is bloody too

Full Throttle
    Retsnimle didn't get much more thinking done as another thief attacked from the shadows. He too had to fall. Retsnimle walked on and round the corner into Linvails chamber. here stood a stone statue. When the statue suddenly started to say some strange sounds,. Retsnimle started shooting his acid arrows into it. The acid seemed to hurt the statue constantly. From the left side of the door another spellcaster-cleric approached. Retsnimle began to attack him instead. The statue then instantly returned fire with some red looking balls. two against one Retsnimle couldn't take this unfair treatment and attacked the statue again in close combat. A new thief came to the light and started shooting arrows at Restsnimle."uhh more than two agains one". The spellcaster, now behind Retsnimle, seemed to be stuck in his spellcasting. Failing all the time. Retsnimle got the yelling Statue chopped down. He then Chopped the spellcaster who seemed to have a mental block. And finally he chopped the annoying Bowman. T'is all too eas'y Retsnimle grunted and looked at his halfthorned body. His Orcish Armor was intact so Retsnimle was happy. He was already looking forward to meet his Ogma-friend again. And Give all these items to Ribald. Ribald was so happy everytime Retsnimle came by.

Always look on the bright side of Life
    Retsnimle ran of to Ogma. He could barely carry all the things he wanted to give Ribald.
    As always Ogma produced his miracles and Ribald produced his smiles. This Time Retsnimle bought a lot of Acid arrows. They could hit any of those fragile wizzards.

Teddy bears and the Nymphs
    Retsnimle descided to keep the teddy bear as a lucky bear. Ever since he had it in his backback, things had gone fra worse to bad to better. No bad dreams like in the castle. Retsnimle went on to Umar hills. If he helped the sad boy village he might find the Nymphs.

One swift stroke
    In Umar Retsnimle overheard the villagers' intense descussion. Retsnimle heard something of Ogres camped oytside the village. Retsnimle pondered and pondered. eventually he found his finger up his nose and descided to kill the ogres. "th's be nice to village" He found the Ogre and as Retsnimle Had figured out the Ogre was evil. It called him a half.orc! Me no half. Me whole. me got legs and head you dummy Retsnimle had never felt so provoked, and attacked immidiately. They all went down in a blaze.

Pay day
    Retsnimle went into the big house where the fat Mayor went. And claimed his reward. Retsnimle couldn't understand why he had to wait 7 hours for the reward. He went to the bar and bought a mug of ale with his picture on. "Me own mug?". He rested 7 hours and went back to the mayor... More killings. Retsnimle was told to find Mazzy. All very confusing but perhaps this Mazzy was a nymph. Retsnimle went around asking. The first one asked wanted his mug of ale and a sword. Retsnimle grunted no and left the city. noone gets me mug He asked a moose and a deer but non of them seemed to know anything. Retsnimle went deeper into the forrest.

DIRECTORS NOTE:The battle's went great both against Linvail and the Ogre team. I don't know why Retsnimle's acid arrows can do dmg. on stoneskinned Magicians. Perhaps a hidden feature. I haven't seen it before. At the moment he is just a plain warrior. The magic resistance hasn't proven effective Yet. Its nice beeing on the road again though. I feel confident that he will survive much longer than anticipated. Perhaps I have time for another episode today

5. shadow_thief Guest

very interesting story its long too...i like long..heh heh...i just like to read

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.