1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Removing Weapon restrictions for fighter/clerics

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Pyroreaver, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Pyroreaver Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have a very easy question for all the experienced modders. I'm trying to remove all weapon restrictions placed on fighter/clerics and this is what I have done so far. My operating system is still XP

1) extracted clasweap.2da with IE
    2) Under the row labeled fighter_cleric I modified each of the weapon class that was 0 and changed it to 1
    3) saved the file and placed it in the override file
    4) opened the weapProf.2da file that was already in override file and for the column labelled fighter_cleric, I changed all the 0 to 1, and saved it.

However when I started a new game, although i am able to add points in the weapon profiencies in character creation, I still cannot use any of the restricted weapons when the game starts. The restricted weapons are still in the "cannot use" red background, and it won't let me put the restricted weapons in the weapon slots. what am I missing? Do I need to change the parameters for each weapon?

I only have SoA, ToB , and the official patch installed, nothing else (haven't even installed the baldurdash yet).

Thanks for anyones help

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Easiest way to deal with your situation is to give your character the Use Any Item HLA at this point and don't abuse it except to use the weapons that you currently cannot equip. This way, you can already put points in the styles you want (which is usually the hurdle). UAI just overrides the item restrictions.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The problem is that the weapons themselves are restricted in terms of what classes can use them. I think you would need to use Near Infinity to remove the restrictions on each weapon.

4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    There are several mods available that can do this already. If Ashes of Embers isn't your thing, Nythrun's level 1 NPC mod at the Gibberlings 3 has a version that can do it, too. I'm actually partial to the version in level 1 NPC's. It doesn't have any weird stat restrictions and it is modular, so you have a few options regarding how exactly to implement the restrictions.

5. Pyroreaver Gems: 2/31

Thanks guys,

I've tried using the Use any Item HLA using shadow keeper, but it crashed the game. DMC, did youtry it before on a fighter/cleric?

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I didn't alter the other files like you did, so, no, I did not find myself in your exact situation. There are definitely mods that let you do what you want to do, but I figured that, since you were already half way there, it might be easier to just as UAI. Oh well, sorry it didn't work.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics
    Fighter/clerics with swords? Yes.

Item Revisions mod has a component to allow multi classed clerics to use bladed weapons. Thus a cleric/mage can use daggers and darts, and a fighter/cleric can use pretty much any weapon. You can find it on Gibberlings3 site.

You don't need to install the main component which changes all items in the game (though it is reccommended and cool.) If you do install the main component, be sure to have the recent official mod fixes before installing it.

Hope it helps. Have fun. :)

8. Pyroreaver Gems: 2/31

Found it, thanks!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.