1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Religion, science, athiests, agnostics rant

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Nakia, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Arguing religion is like swimming in an ocean filed with sharks. Courtesy, common sense, and rules of debate fly away faster than a bird chased by a cat. Ad hominem arguments become the norm and not the exception. The word stupid appears over and over. "How can you be so stupid as to believe that?" "How can you be so stupid as to not believe that?" First it is generalized. "Anyone who believes that or doesn't believe that is stupid." Then it degenerates into personal attacks. Then the poor mods have to step in an cool things down. Try to get people back on topic and making a wee bit of sense.

One poster believes that god created in the universe and another poster believes that the universe was created by some Big bang. The believer in science says "you can't prove there is a god because he/she/it can't be put under our finite lab conditions and tested as if he/she/it was a lab rat." The religious guy says "I know there is a god because the bible tells me so or I've talked to him or the prophet Zadook parted the mountains of Shadanock and hear god's voice in the babbling of a brook." Next thing you know there going at it hammer and tongs. Thor must be laughing like crazy at the crazy humans. Oh, sorry Thor doesn't exist.

Then we get atheists launching thunder bolts at the silly religious people. (woden) So the religious folk get tired of it and fight back. Next thing you know we poor agnostics get pulled into the silly debate. We are lazy bums because we won't take sides. Hey, I have spent over fifty (50) years studying, researching, seeking for answers. After thirteen (12) years in an Anglo Catholic religious order I decided there were no clear cuts answers. I face my final decades quite happily in my lazy agnosticism. Leave me alone. Keep me out of it. I have the best of both worlds thank you. Yesterday I met an angel. I had a serious Diabetic reaction and luckily for me there was an angel standing right behind me looking just like an ordinary human being as portrayed in the Holy book of the Jews and Christians. I'd probably be in the hospital right now if it hadn't been for him. Even dead since a diabetic coma can cause death. Thank you Mr. Angel. If there is a god and if there is heaven I'll meet you there.

Areligious and religious can fight all they want to. If that is how they get their jollies fine but please, please don't start throwing mud at me because I am quite capable of taking that mud and wrapping it around a stone and throwing it back.

I'm happy being being an agnostic and if you are happy being areligious fine, if you are happy being religious fine but that does not give you the right to go around insulting people simply because they don;'t agree with you.

Prove to me that there either is a god or their isn't a god. Neither one of you has a shred of proof either way except for you own personal beliefs and they are beliefs not proofs. As one of those stupid, lazy agnostics I don't need to prove anything because my answer to any and all questions regarding god, religion, heaven hell is "I do not know. and silently I add to myself and neither do you.

End of rant.

Since this is not the Alleys and I have no interest in contributing to a religious argument I am turning off comments.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How do I separate this weblog from the Dragon weblogs? Doesn't belong with them. So much to learn.

Hey I turned off comments or is it because I'm allowed to comment on my own blog. I really, really do not want any comments.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm pretty sure the blog owner can always comment (goes for mods/admins too).

As for separating the blogs, looks like you've figured it out. You just make a few categories and then sort your blog entries into them.

Btw, the font size you're using in your blog is a bit too small... upping it a bit would make it easier to read.

4. Nakia

Media:
    Thank you, Tal. I'll fix that when I get back from NYC and hopefully will be able to see what I am doing. :)

I was worried about the comments because if I wanted to argue I would post in AoDA. No way thank you. This was just to get my feelings out.

This blog/weblog idea is fantastic and a lot cheaper than a therapist for me. Thank you for implementing it. :grin:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.