1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

But enough about the mystery that is chev, back onto the topic at hand...

I'm thinking about her a bit more now :nolike: I can't help it, as it is I still have the same feelings for her. I am trying to distract myself, but eventually she finds her way back there. I have the same emptiness in my heart that I felt those weeks ago... as I've said before, its a matter of letting time heal, now I am making a concious effort to distract myself, but its a matter of time to heal my wounds. There's not much else I can do other than that.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'd say you're going in the right direction. Just keep yourself busy. Go to the gym, take martial arts, see to your studies, whatever. Do anything except "nothing" and you'll be fine in no time. Ah, flirting with other girls helps quite a bit too I must say ;)

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

To add to that comment I'm reminded by a nice little phase - "Nothing gets you over the last one like the next one." So get out there and give some other lucky girl what your last one is missing.

4. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Helps quite a bit? It's the next best thing after a Wish spell!

So, any girls available around here for Rolsuk? Or for me?

PS. I need :beer:

5. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

I'm sure you do?

Thanks for the support guys, I'm trying to move on, but there ain't all too many interesting ladies where I live now. I pretty much have to wait for uni to find women. Until then, I'm keeping busy.

6. Ik Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi Rolsuk Fryulee,
    Never mind flirting or looking for a new g/f to take away the pain of losing one. The only final solution for someone who wants to put a bad relationship behind them is to find a true soul mate; and the only way one finds one of these IMO is by knowing ones own self inside out. If a person doesn't know themself well then they have no chance of recognising their perfect partner when they meet them.
    Rolsuk, because you're young you may need to flirt with girls and have all sorts of life experiences to find yourself; just don't expect this superficial behaviour to take you to that special someone directly. You may be lucky it may happen, but generally IMO these things only come after a long old while.

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Trust me! There are interesting ladies everywhre (exept on the moon) You just have to play a bit with your interest! :)

8. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ Ik- I'm the type of guy who goes around flirting with girls and dating plenty of them. I've only had two girlfriends, one lasted about a month and then she moved away, and the other is the one which has left me in my hollow state. I don't go flirting around with girls, and at the moment, I have the least intention of doing so. I'm still only attracted to her, she in my eyes is the only beautiful woman. I know that sounds corny, or just some flattery, but I truly feel that way. It difficult to explain.

@ Kelvon- allow to rephrase that, there ain't too many interesting ladies my age where I live now. There may be some, but they are certainly rather difficult to find. At the moment I don't really care to go on tht search.

Yes, I am trying to move on, but there is a part of me that doesn't want to. I know that its best for me and more importantly for her, but there is that part of me that doesn't want to let her go. I am, moving in spite of that, though I can't help but think of her when I'm not busy. Thats why I'm trying to keep busy and distracted, though, I have little motivation to do so. For example, she was my motivation for working out, ever since she left me I've had little heart to do so. I am getting in the habbit, but its more to move on and distract myself than of a genuine motivation.

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Now this is a live example of that part of you "that doesn't want to let her go" In my oppinion, thinking what's best for her is not the way of getting over her. i'm not saying you should hate her or stuff like that, but have you ever heard of INDIFERENCE? Ever tried practising it?

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think ultimately the best for her is not being with you or this or that guy, but learning from her own mistakes. So let her make her own decisions and learn from the mistakes she's going to make. Or maybe these aren't even mistakes. Time will show this. It's easier said than done, though.

11. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ Kelvon- I know what you're saying but it the fact that its best for her helps me have piece of mind to move on. I can worry more about myself once I start getting over her, but until then the fact that this is best for her helps me move on for her sake at least. As much as I want to be with her, knowing that its best for her if we both move on gives me the resolve to move on.

@ chev- thats true, it is best that she learns from this relationship, as short as it was. I hope she learns as much as I have.

Well, its been exactly a month since she dumped me, and I'm finally starting to truly realise its best that I move on. Sure I rationally knew it was best to move on before, but this morning it finally hit me. I'm also rather surprised that I haven't had a relapse like I did every week before, a good sign I guess. So it is I have more resolve than ever to move on, and so I go...

12. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! You're finnaly moving on! And be sure, wherever she is, she's doing great without you! And now that you know she's probably ALREADY moved on, maybe even forgot your name :lol: , you can now move on! So move on already! As for me: :beer:

[ March 21, 2005, 10:39: Message edited by: Kelvon Shadowmane ]

13. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Thanks Kelvon, I'm sure you will. As for me moving on, it isn't easy of course, but now I have the heart to do so, as shattered as it might be. I am starting to move on at long last, thats not to say I'm over her, but I'm ready to move on without her (as my girlfriend but hopefully as a friend) a gonna start searching for others.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oi! I've got a good rant for you all.

Ok, lets start with the names of the 3 people involved here. First there is "me", or "I"...that's me btw. Then we have Jessica...that's my (me's) girlfriend. And finally, we have Randi...that's my (me's) ex girlfriend that turned in to "just friends" when she dumped me after only a few short weeks.

So while I was going out with Randi a few years ago, I met her best friend, Jessica. She was ok, but that was it. Then Randi dumped me, and the 3 of us were "just friends". Then Jessica and I started dating...which has turned into 3+ years. During that time Randi and Jessica have drifted further and further apart - to the point of both of them under the impression that the other hates her, while Randi and I have only drifted into "friends who only talk online once a month or so".

So Jessica begins getting jealous that we still talk, even though it's far and few in between. So a few days ago, Jessica hops online and confronts Randi about why Randi hates her. Randi snaps back with, "I don't hate you! You're the one who hates me!" and blah blah blah, they suddenly actually hate each other for real.

Latter on that day, Jessica comes to pick me up from work. The first words out of her mouth were, "I don't want you talking with Randi anymore! In fact, I want you to block that Bi*** from your MSN Messenger!"
    She finally calmed down and actually asked if I would, and if I was ok with it. Seeing as how Randi and I rarely talk, I told Jessica that it was fine with me if the argument will boil down to "It's either her or me"...which I knew it might, so I willingly gave in.

I don't really care, to tell the truth. I don't like being told who I can and can't talk to, but in this case the one I was being told not to talk to was my ex g/f, and since we hardly talk as it is, I let it go.

So basically, my "rant" is:

Why are girls so fu**ing stupid!

I mean come on! The two of them were best friends! When Randi dumped me, she was the one that suggested that Jessica attempt to date me! So it can’t be that I was the one that eventually caused all this.

I say that they should get over it, and themselves, and realize that what they were fighting over doesn't exist, so they can be friends again. :bang: :rolling:

15. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ Kitrax- women can hold grudges and feuds for a long time and it usually only gets worse. Most guys will fight then shake hands, have a beer and its all good. Women are a pickle....

The movie "Hitch" shows how much of a pickle women are. I watched it and recomend that all who can to watch it, it has a good message not to mention its hilarious. I especially recomend it to you women, it speaks the truth....

So yeah, watching it has made certain feelings resurface, its rather ironic how my situation fits that of Will Smith's character so perfectly. I couldn't help but chuckle at the similarities, and how his words echoed my thoughts exactly... if only my ex watched it... I doubt it would mean anything to her, but there is the slight chance that it might help her understand things.... as unlikely as it is, I hope she does, because if she doesn't, then she would have learned nothing of our relationship. So I highly recomend it, I'm sure it'll bring similar feelings to some of you as it did for me.

Watch the movie Hitch, then you'll understand :)

[ March 19, 2005, 05:11: Message edited by: Rolsuk Fryulee ]

16. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Kitrax: i really don't know why some girls are stupid, but some of them deffinetly are stupid!

as for hitch, we'll see about that. but the interesting part is that i'm eating somethin... but i don't know what it is...

[ March 21, 2005, 10:41: Message edited by: Kelvon Shadowmane ]

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, let's steer clear of too many generalizations, shall we... And just to make it clear why I didn't edit the stuff above out: women can feel free to make similar generalizations about men in this thread as well. A thread like this probably couldn't function without them anyway.

18. Newfie Banned

The whole key to women is not to worry about them. If they break up with you fine, seeya later. Rarely I break up with a woman unless she majorly pisses me off. I love women, most of them are pretty good but there are bitches out there just like there are ******* guys. The whole key is to find things to amuse yourself with while your single so if a cool girl comes along, life just throws you an added bonus. That way you don't have to worry about smothering them if you have other things to keep you busy. Play games on your computer, read and go to the gym. Keep yourself and your surroundings neat and tidy. Basically improve yourself. Girls see you are happy without them and you are not chasing them. Now they have a challenge which all women want. Be a gentleman to them all, make friends with them (this leads to other girls interested in you in so many ways when they see you are capable of engaging a girl in conversation). And most of all smile a lot and look like you are having fun. Get a good job and what sensible girl is not going to want you?

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Girls are not always "****ing stupid". They're just different, it's why you supposedly like us.

You've got more rational girls and you've got excessively emotional ones. And I can safely say that way more guys fall for the really emotional ones, for the girls who let themselves be swept off their feet easily.

You all bring it on yourselves. :p

20. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Sorry, Tal, you're right. The truth is that I really love girls (not all of em) but as Uytuun said, there are smart ones and stupid ones. I really don't think there are ANY stupid girls on SP, cause you need SOME brains to get ur but active on a message board and especially as often as these girls do. So, the bottom line is that gthe girls on SP rule! And yes, I was very very rude when I said that girls are you know what. Kitrax, ur to blame as well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.