1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvon, cheers! Horray for drunken nights with alot of regret...! :)

2. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I cant even watch rugby anymore, that makes me cry even more, weve lost all of our six nations matches so far and not so long ago we were world cup holders :bang:

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well Rolsuk, the mourning part will give way soon to anger and betrayal -- that's a lot more interesting.

I've heard it said that it takes half the time devoted to a relationship to get over it. So a one year relationship takes six months to get over, a ten year relationship takes fiveyears to get over -- that's a long damn time. I think I'll become a eunuch (who said CRPG's can't teach you anything).

4. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Rolsuk It's not annoying. I understand the kind of pain your goin through. The first girl I ever loved told me one day that she never wanted to see me again, as long as she lives. Thing is we weren't even together and she said that. Just goes to show you that love truly is blind.

Don't worry you'll find the right one eventualy... or she'll find you. I mean it.

Can anyone belive that I said all of that optimistycal stuff and meant it. Related to myself as well. Must the girls in my class becuase of whom I whent to three parties in a short matter of time (I'm not party going guy) and actually half enjoyed myself. Only half because the one I love (yes it's the same one) came with her boyfriend. That stung a bit but as long as she's happy I'll be happy. Good thing we're good friends.

5. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It lasted a week, I'm still feeling it as strong two weeks later, I don't think that works...

Thanks for the support and kind words.

@ HB- I play in the local highschool league, and yes it helps as a distraction that completely gets your mind off your troubles

@ Lord Garak- its good that you're able to help others, shows that your moving on. And its good that you care for whats best for her, that shows that you truly care. And its always good to have her as a friend. Best of luck!

[ March 04, 2005, 22:03: Message edited by: Rolsuk Fryulee ]

6. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

Its nice to know there are still guys in this world that can feel something. Guys like this are few and far between. One day you will meet someone who makes all your previous loves seem meaningless. Till that day I wish you joy and happiness and the knowledge that it is better to feel something for someone than to go through life feeling nothing at all for anyone.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Rolsuk: Try not to tell yourself you failed her anyhow. I know this is difficult, but most probably you really haven't.

@Garak: People say various things and then turn 180 degrees to say completely different things. Or any given agle, for that matter.

8. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ DHB - thank you for those truthful, kind words, it does make me feel better :)

@ chev - you're probably right, but I can't help but feel that way.

Though I did let her down by not giving her the room her personality (which I admired) needed. Granted she said she would tell me if anything was wrong as I asked of her, but instead she gave me subtle hints. If was both our faults really, in the end she came to the realization that she didn't like me in that romantic sense; so we broke up. After the break up we hit some rough waters, I said things she misunderstood, or I had some deeper meaning behind the words that expressed my pain in a rude way and such.
    We're friends again at least, but I'm still having trouble coming to grips that I won't be able to hold her in my arms again. As I've said before, I felt the greatest I've ever felt when I was with her, and knowing that I can't be with her, hurts so very deeply. But its whats best for her, if she doesn't share my feelings, then for us to have continued would only have her lying to herself and to me, which is worse then coming out and expressing how she feels. Yes, it may have hurt me, and it still does, but its what was best for her; and that is what truly matters to me. And as I said before, I truly do hope that she finds someone she cares about, and that he feels as strongly for her as I do, and that he does not repeat my mistakes.

9. chevalier

Media:
    It sounds like one day you will find the right girl who appreciates what you have for her. Perhaps some time has to pass. Maybe you want something more committed than your peers are ready to accept.

10. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Chev

11. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

We all know that from things he's said before, which is why I was glad that he was able to give advice, which showed that he was growing and that his contemplations have helped him as well. Its is also why I wished him best of luck, I meant it.

This is an odd way to make a really pessimistic person, optimistic isn't it? :p I may be misinterpreting your words to Lord Garak, but it seems as if "You're kicking someone while they're down." Yes he should listen to his own advice, but such a topic requires a certain degree of delicacy. Sure everyone needs a good kick on ar$e every once in a while; but this topic is slightly more delicate.

12. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

yes, i admit it, that part was kind of exagerated, sorry, but it's 'cause a' tha' :beer:

Just to contradict myself, Rolsuk and Garak, check this out: Don't Give Up!

13. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

nice pic Kelvon :lol:

But I'd recomend that you steer clear of serious, personal threads such as this while under the influence of :beer: When you start rambling in a topic like this, you can say stupid stuff that can "hit someone while they're down" which doesn't help at all. In RB rambling is fine, but when it comes to topics like this its best to avoid while drunk.

To get things back on track, other things are starting to occupy my mind a bit more, just a bit. They did today anyway, but my thoughts are drifting back to her more and more as the day progresses.

14. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Thanks for the tip Rolo, the :beer: is on me. But really, I personnaly know Garak since 1998, and his state is going worse and worse. I hope you and maybe chev can help him. I do care about the guy...

15. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

No problem, and its good that you care about him, but that rant there might have stung him quite a bit. I do hope that we can turn him into an optimist, but it also takes a personal desire and effort for it to happen.

Women are a pickle, my ex is sometimes really friendly on msn, and others she is rather cruel and mean.... I don't get it.

Agreed, not sharing saddness is not a sign that you don't care, but it can't be helped. In some cases where you care a lot about a person in a certain way, you can't help but share their feelings.

[ March 06, 2005, 02:17: Message edited by: Rolsuk Fryulee ]

16. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

He has it on the inside. He has the desire inside him, but the only place I EVER saw him partially admit it is on SP. I'm afraid that he will be too shocked when he will be smacked in the face by the reality of a relationship. Not to be offensive, but day dreaming about someone is sooooo very easy. Having a relationship just isn't the same thing as wanting one.

EDIT:
    I don't agree with this. If your g/f is sad you should be happy and try to make her happy as well. But still, I respect your oppinion and I'm not saying your wrong. I just don't seem to agree with you. :beer:

[ March 06, 2005, 02:36: Message edited by: Kelvon Shadowmane ]

17. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

True, what you think a relationship or want one to be is never what it turns out to be, but it is still better (when it actually succeeds that is).

It is hard to get over someone, but there is a limit to that mourning/worrying/fantazising. It is important to reflect on it and learn, mourning shouldn't last too long, when it goes on for over a year its past time to consider moving on. I've only been mourning for little over two weeks, so there isn't too much harm done, but when it lasts for very extended periods of time there may be more to it (ie depression) where action is demanded (ie go see a doctor if its depresion, there are cures for that).

Then lets agree to disagree. Its a matter of what your experiences have been with such things.

18. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

I never have depressions. One year of mourning is overly exagerated! I think 2 weeks is enouth. For the record, I loved (toataly!) the same girl from 1998 to 2003. That's 6 years. I still like her a bit, but rarely think of her. I know how Garak feels about my ex. I felt the same for another girl than the one that he loves. Ok... I can see I'm getting sleepy and my sentences' sense is harder and harder to deschypher.

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ Kelvon - I'm not suggesting that you're depressed, but if Garak has been this pessimistic for an extended period of time, he might be; not to be insulting or anything but that is a possibility, just trying to help. I think it can take more than two weeks for the healing to occur, it varies from person, to situation and so on, two weeks isn't that much time. Who knows, it may be for some people and in certain situations, but in others it takes more, but there is a limit to how long one should mourn.

20. chevalier

Media:
    It's called "female".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.