1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Gack! :aaa: After reading *most* of this thread I find that I am probably one of the younger members of this board. :banana: Hehehe... :D
    I don't have any stories and have nothing to rant about since I go to an "All-Girls School". :rolleyes:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

An all-girls school? Eh, I'm not sure if this kind of place should be called a haven or a nightmare. ;)

3. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Hah! It's a bit of both actually. Our school has this grudge against the neighbouring all-guys school. Oh yeah, we had enough of those "co-ed or single-sex school" lessons every single year at school that I'm now totally sick of it.
    Can't wait til next year...hopefully I'll be able to go to uni and escape the hordes of girls (approx. 1000 or so of us at my school).

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yay for me! Émilie whom some might recall from my post back in September started talking to me and be more friendly towards me. While it means nothing it 's still nice to have something good happening to me. Since well these past two months hasn't been exactly good. We've found in each other many points of similitude and I'm enjoying her compagny as she seem to enjoy mine. At the very least this relation will grow into good frienship.

Yay for me!

5. Disciple of The Watch

1000? :eek:
    ONE woman is enough to make me freeze in shyness... a thousand would cryogenize me... :lol:

Chev, you bloody bastard (just kidding, man! :D ), your wisdom never stops surprising me. I took a quick look through the pages, and you're always giving sound advice to those in dire need. While I disagree with your "No-sex-before-mariage", the rest of your wisdom makes a ****ing lot of sense. Way to go, man! :thumb:

While we're ranting, I saw my ex last weekend. Apart from a slight soulbleed and being flooded with a lot of memories (hell, she was my *fiancee* after all.). Hurts, but hey, life goes on. (*EDIT*: No, that was not the one that died in the car accident... it was another one, which I met a year and a half after... the death of the two woman of my life.)

OH! And Chev, you remember the girl from my last rant? Well, she called me back... broke up with my former best friend. She wanted to hang around with me. "Little Miss Love Faster Than Her Own Shadow" seemed to have found back her attirance for me. I sent her to hell, and felt good doing so. :evil:

And on a side note, my former best friend took one hell of a beating. No, I have nothing to do with it, I assure you. :evil:

[ November 18, 2005, 00:32: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Alright, another Relationship issue:

My parents split up about a two years ago, but everything is fine between them. No hate, just no love, either. My dad only lives 5 minutes away. But, they want to start dating other people again, now. I am perfectly fine (as long as my mom doesnt bring home a 60 year old or a creep, and my dad doesnt bring home someone way too young) with it, but neither of my sisters are.

What do you guys think?

7. Disciple of The Watch

Your parents want to start dating again?

To quote the dumb hero soundset in NWN:
    "What? That's the worst idea I ever heard!"

Saber, if it didn't worked once it won't work out the second time. I personally don't believe in second (or third, fourth, and so on) chances.

If there is no love or no hate between them, it makes me wonder about the profund motives of that.

It's a bad bet all the way.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@DotW: :shake:
    Sounds fine to me; likely your sisters are just despairing over their original romantic example splitting up and never coming back together again. Just give them time, and they'll see how happy their parents can be when they find someone.

9. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My parents did just that, and look at them now! Happy as can be! :)

It's not as bad as it sounds like really, my mum is married again with another guy, and i've got two stephsiblings out of that. Love those two critters just as much as my other siblings. My dad also have found a new one. Theire not married or somesuch, but i do think they love eachother. She was "an old creep" i thought to begin with, but shes not that bad really :p

10. Disciple of The Watch

@Big Cat: Shame on me. I had understood that his parents wanted to date each other again :doh:

11. Saber

Oh, no, no, sorry for that being unclear. I meant dating other people.

12. Disciple of The Watch

No, you were clear, Saber, it was I who was lost in the fog... if they want to date other people again, I agree with the Big Cat. Nothing wrong with wanting to share your life with someone.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, guys, you know what I think about divorce, so... ;) On the other hand, there are some marriages that are screwed from the beginning and it's impossible to hold someone to an oath he took without being able to deliver or without knowing what he's getting into.

The other thing is, I generally believe the whole dating thing sucks. I believe in staying open but meeting as friends. This doesn't mean not considering people as potential partners etc etc but simply not doing anything out of line until it's a romance or relationship. Nowadays, people think it's no big deal if they date several people at one time, romancing them all (kissing, fondling, that stuff... sometimes even sex), until they call it exclusive. Heck, I've talked to Catholics who believe it's not only not bad, but actually good and the right way. If you ask me, that's one crappy social life. Then again, I don't know what you mean by dating other people. If you mean at the same time or not, if you mean romantically/sexually or not etc.

@DotW: Thanks. ;) Well, I guess if you want to deal with my no-sex-before-marriage arguments, the first thing to do is to stop looking on it as a rule of a religion you don't agree with and focus on the arguments. There is plenty of common sense reasoning there and I've been able to convince people who don't identify themselves as (practicing) Christians.

And congrats on sending her away. :D

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ah, taken out of context this could get you a nomination for President of the He-Mon Womun Haters club, whaddya say chev? ;) :p

15. Disciple of The Watch

@Chev: Well, marriage is no longer just a matter of religion... legal marriages are also possible. As regarding of the sexual side, here is my point of view.

I don't believe in no sex before marriage. Know this, however: saving yourself for "that special someone" is honorable, but it is not for me. If you are in a stable relationship, and feel ready to commit body, mind and soul to that person, there is nothing wrong with sex. To me, sexuality is another dimension of love, one that completes it. A relationship of love without sex feels incomplete to me. It is my belief that one cannot coexist without the other.

Now, you are totally free to disagree, Chev, but this is how I see it.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I wouldn't go that far... but I'm with you on the "nothing wrong with sex before marriage" part.

17. Saber

I'm with DotW, although the phrase Enagonios pointed out I am a little 'iffy' on. Of course, considering I've never had sex (only 15, here), I can't really say.

But arguing with a deeply religious person about sex before marriage is like trying to chop down the largest tree in the forest with a herring, so I'm not even going to go there.

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, guys, I'm going to surprise you on this one. ;)

@DotW:

Yeah! Except here's the point: if you aren't ready to marry, you aren't ready to commit body, mind and soul. It's like saying you're ready to make the commitment, so you are entitled to its benefits, but you don't want to make said commitment just now.

Yes. But it's no magical means to make everything work. If the relationship doesn't already work, adding sex won't make it any better; it will only make it more difficult to let go and it will leave a bad aftertaste. Sex for its own sake has not much to do, especially for men, as we would be perfectly able to have sex with our greatest and most hated enemy if we were desperate (or twisted) enough.

Again agreed, but let's not put things in the reverse order and claim that sex is needed in a relationship, so that we could dispense with all the babble about love and commitment; sex won't bring it about.

@Saber:

I suppose you put a special accent on "deeply" because most religious people will take an exception here. Heck, most deeply religious people will have taken an exception. This doesn't mean the rest of their life or their current effort doesn't count but just to give you the idea that perhaps it isn't so hard to imagine a religious person having sex outside marriage.

19. Disciple of The Watch

That makes a lot of sense, Chev, and I am inclined to agree.

With my ex (the one who died in the car accident), we waited almost a year and a half before getting *real* intimate, and believe me, it was worth it. A few weeks after, she became my fiancee, and everything went smoothly... bleh, sorry, but I can speak of this no longer. This brings painful memories. If you really want to know the details, read my second memorium in Dragonfly's El Dia de los Muertos thread.

Had we met 6 years ago, Chev, I would have never agreed with you. I was nothing but a slave to my carnal streak. However, I have since redeemed myself. The love of my departed fiancee made me rethink - and change - my views. She really changed my life.

20. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Disciple of The Watch (from several posts before...)
    Well my school *is* from year 7 to year 12, what did you expect? :lol: I think I've heard enough 'girlish-giggling' to last me a lifetime... :rolleyes: :lol:

Edit:
    But it's really bad sometimes being in an all-girls school. People get really desperate. :lol:
    Last year we got this new commerce teacher who *always* wore a suit and put gel in his hair, he was half japanese and *a lot* of people (even the older female teachers!) were crazy about him... :rolleyes: Get a life people! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.