1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I always wanted to know how people would answer this one if their girlfriends are a little chubby?

You cannot say "No you look practically aneroxic in that baggy shirt".

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And I wonder which poor sucker Tal will get to run THAT forum :p

Thank God!! I thought I was the only one going through this :D

works for me ;) besides, it's usually her fault and by the time I speak to her again she's cooled off already :D :)

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The so-called boyfriend has been re-evaluated and his current status has become "Boytoy" - nuff said.

*sigh*

Wopuld be nice to have a real relationship someday...

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW why do women want to talk about things late at night anyway?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately this form of torture is performed on men all over the world ;)

Arabwel - check out Berans post from earlier...

5. Arabwel

Media:
    Cesard: eh?

*confuzzled due to lack of caffeine and severe angsting*

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

7. Arabwel

Media:
    Yes, I can see that - the e reason i am not chiming in with any sort of perspective should be very evident from my post :p

Ergo, no comment :p

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Rolsuk: That's for the better. At least she didn't lead you on. It rarely works out well with one of the people feeling much more than the other.

That's because they want you but they don't want you. Don't let your eyes fool you, this is no contradiction. We're translating from womanese, mind you. :D Essentially, they don't want you in the sexual way. At all. They want no such stuff and they are in no need for a man. But they actually do need a man, in the sense of a big guy to give them a big hug. They are in need of your caring, supportive side, one which doesn't mean sex. And it will work better if you actually don't mean sex.

Don't leave her alone. If you do and stick to it, she will come to you first and you will appear to have won. But this is actually true: appear. She will start to hate you for making her come to you. Sooner or later, in your male simplicity, you will let your guard loose and trust her fully. Guess what happens next... Hint: they have a good memory and vivid imagination. :D

Be good to her. She will either change to good or tell you you're too good and leave you. Either way, you are set. :D

9. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

The easiest way to stop my better half from talking is to tell her it's gone 10.30pm. She's asleep fairly soon after. The best way to keep her awake at parties is to lie about the time.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Carcaroth

no such luck with me :rolleyes:

I tell her that it's nearly 2am in the morning and I've got a microeconomics class in the morning and she still wont let up :/

11. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well I for one can offer the perspective of a female in a relationship. My girlfriend and I have been going out for about three months, just to give a bit of background. And for the record, we still don't understand each other, even though we're the same sex.
    So here are two tips for males (or females) who wish to engage in a relationship with us:

1: When we say nothing's wrong, listen to our tone of voice when we say it. If we sound bored, it means something's wrong, and you're going to pay in one form or another, but nothing too big. If we sound happy, it means there's a moderately large problem, and we already have a plan to remedy it, usually at your expense, which will typically be implemented in the next 24-72 hours, or 48-96 if you're lucky, or 12-36 if we're bored. If we sound agitated, run; you're probably going to be severely injured, either mentally or physically, or possibly both. If we sound angry, you're already dead and simply haven't gotten around to lying down. If we sound nonchalant, then most likely nothing's wrong, but there still might be anyway.

2: When you ask us what we want to do, if we respond with "I dunno," it means, "You should already know what I want to do based on your past experience(s) with me, and you have lost respect in my eyes by showing that you have not been paying attention these past months/years. Furthermore, if you do not do something to placate me, preferably by doing one or more of my favourite activities with me, you will continue to lose respect over an amount of time contingent on how long we have been dating -- the longer we've been dating, the less time you'll have -- until such time as Global(RESPECT)=0, which is the time at which you will be dumped in favour of a better prospective mate."

12. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Wow, good stuff Fara. :thumb: Keep it coming, maybe even write a book :grin:

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

uh-oh, I think I fall in the number 2 category problem :o

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Tal really does save a lot of people here the money for a therapist. :D

Love...It's equally complicated for both parties involved. Empathy is the key word.

and some practical advice: We know you don't like answerring text messages (if we want to get a reply from our guy mates for example there must be at least one obvious question present in the message for them to respond), or don't think it is very important (and perhaps we overreact in this regard, but we can't help it), but an unanswerred message ruins our day. So just text back. Or text out of your own initiative. It'll make our day.

15. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

tis' subject is beyond me in the state that i'm in right now... :beer: :banana: :beer: :banana: :beer:

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Unanswered massages can ruin the day for a guy, too.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Which will prompt her to text back over and over (at 1am in the morning) :sosad:

Lucky you :p

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

When a girl says she wants to be your friend, should you risk loosing it by trying to take it further?

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes.

Well, actually that's what I did and it happened to be a good decision. Share some time and thoughts first.

20. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*sigh* My wonderful ex deserves better friends then me. After a long serious discussion with her I came to this realization. Please, don't try to deny it or cheer me up, I just had to say it and this seemed like a good place to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.