1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Depends, sometimes joking with friends looks like a flirt. Sometimes it simply means just the face value and nothing more. Sometimes the guy just likes you and might even be attracted but not necessarily aiming for anything bigger.

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

True, the guy may only be interested in 'one thing', so exercising good judgement is always important!

3. chevalier

Media:
    What I meant was rather that female friends are different from male friends. Guys do things with female friends they wouldn't do with another guy, even if it isn't sexual. For example, I wouldn't kiss a male friend, slow dance, play with his hair, hold hands or compliment him on his looks, or hug for longer than a second or let him sit on my lap or pick him up from the ground. But with a girl, it doesn't have to mean she's my girlfriend. She might well be a good friend. Of course, this will be different for other guys.

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

You wouldn't help a friend up from the ground? strange, but I can see your point on other things. The thought of you or any other male playing with their friends hair or sitting on their laps makes me laugh very hard!

I have a few friends in Turkey but I came to a gross misunderstanding one time, as one guy said I had nice hair, and I immediately assumed he was a raving homosexual! It was just cultural misunderstandings (he has a German girlfriend that he is very happy with). Most people have a strange view of the Turkish, but they really value family and friendship and are not afraid to show their feelings.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    There IS a difference between helping someone up and picking somene up...

*refuses to conntemplate the rate she is refreshing her inbox*

6. chevalier

Media:
    Perhaps you should read again, then. There was nothing about me sitting on anyone's lap and there was nothing about helping a friend up if he tripped.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I did read your post and not to be offensive Chev, but when you brought up

well that just brough up a strange image in my head as that part of your post was not something I expected to read (it was a little 'out of the blue)'. I was not saying that you actaully *did/have done/want to do* these things. Again no offense intended, just a misunderstanding...

8. Newfie Banned

I think you guys are reading too much into chevalier's comments.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    the mental image of Chev sitting with a guy in his lap - or vice versa - is so funny because it's so Out-of-Character :D

And as for rantage... waiting for e-mail sucks. But uncertanity about just what is being said in the e-mails is even worse, if that makes any sense.

10. Arianyr Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ehm.....there was this girl, i had such a huge crush on her but she made it clear that she wasnt the least interested in me, but.....i haven't seen her in 2 years, is it normal that i still dream about her? cuz it kinda really freaks me out

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

oh sure. I have the same thing going on sometimes except that mine is through a conscious effort and I think it's called fantasizing ;)

but seriously, yeah I think that's normal. As long as it isn't all the time. That sorta thing could be a real pisser imo, especially considering you guys never even got together.

12. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

well, not ALL the time, but....well, very often. sometimes it's even so bad that i start daydreaming...that REALLY doesnt help me in any way

13. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well I take it that you're in your teens or atleast under 25, if so then it's very normal and there will be the next girl to take your attention away from her and make you even forget her. If you're in a relationship and still thinking about her then there would be a reason to be a bit worried. ;)

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I wouldn't say that. Nothing wrong with a ibt of fantasizing as long as you don't let it affect your current relationship ;)

15. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

im 17, point well taken :D

16. St. James Gems: 4/31

The answer is quite simple, really -- if you are attractive then he is flirting with you but if you are ugly then he is just joking.

Thank you -- there will be no charge this tiem.

17. chevalier

Media:
    @Ara:

With a female friend, it's no big deal... But no guys allowed. :lol:

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

wtf.

We've been going out for more than 3 years so I thought we were past this petty crap, but apparently not.

She had a blast on Saturday with her friends and got VERY drunk. On the way home she was apologizing and I told her it was okay. We spoke on the phone Sunday night and last night and everything was fine. Now I'm getting **** like "I don't feel a connection to you any more."

Yes, yes. Before you guys say that she had so much fun when she was drunk that she questions being in a relationship (thought did cross my mind though), let me just say that it's not that.

Maybe this is a burst of temporary stupidity, I'll forgive it, it IS her bday this Sataurday. I'll give it until the end of the week and if by then she's still acting like total psychopath, I'll ask her if she wants to break up.

I just don't get why she has to give me all this ****.

Done ranting, sorry guys, had a long day and having this crap thrown at me out of nowhere really irked me.

19. chevalier

Media:
    I don't understand... you talk about her getting blasted, about her apologising on the way home and about you forgiving her. But you were with her, so it's not like she could fool around with other guys. Other than fooling around with other guys or being mean to you, what would a guy need to forgive his girlfriend who got drunk?

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

You know women. :rolleyes: She could be talking about *anything* from fooling around to tossing his cherry condition, Superman first edition comic in the trash to not listening to him.

If you can't get a straight answer from her in the next week, you might want to do something about it. I suggest time apart or breaking it off, but that's your call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.