1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Ara: if you asked them do you think they'd agree to a threesom?

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You should try SP's eligible bachelors! They may not be as handsome as Antonio or Enrique, but at least you know you have somethings in common with them.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @SotC: I wish! (Toss in Johnny Depp and I will die happy...)

@Cesard: Last time I had any interest in t he eligble bachelors of SP, it ended up in a minor disaster. 'nuff said.

Besides, I don'ät look like my avatar *sigh*

4. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I must disregard this and uni is my only hope for finding someone at the moment, its the only thing preventing me from becoming very lonely and depressed. Uni starts in a few months and with that lies my hope of finding people, so I'll have to not listen to this.

So yeah, rough times womanwise lately. A while back I got over my ex and started to like this one girl, but got rejected. Then this other girl I started to like too, and there was lots of potential for a relationship but got rejected again. Been kinda lonely but have hope that I'll meet someone at uni, its what keeps me going.

And there's my rant, now for some potentially helpful words.

There is nothing wrong in fearing rejection, but do not let that fear get in the way of something that may be great. Its worth running the risk of getting rejected, as the possible rewards are certainly worth it.
    And there be me words o' wisdom, I'm sure they're been said before somewhere in this thread, but thought I'd say them anyway. Do with them what you will. Best of luck to all my fellow bachelors and all the bachelorettes, may luck smile upon you all.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Every single girl I have ever gone out with, up to and including the one I married, I met at work or school. Sure there can be issues, but they're the places where you meet the most people. If you don't date the people there, you're cutting out far too many opportunities!

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Rolsuk: The thing is, the less you need a woman, the more you attract them. The moment you realise you don't need a woman to lead a normal, be successful in it and enjoy it, they are going to start flocking to you instead of the other way round. Note to girls: this is true for many if not most guys, as well...

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

That should be a blessing as people would think you were a freak if you had real elven features and would cross the street to avoid you - they would assume you were disfigured!

Anyway at least here, *Finnish* women seem very popular.

Ca bhfuil do sheomra leaba?

[ June 16, 2005, 15:12: Message edited by: Cesard the Fir Bolg ]

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Or worse, they'd mistake me for MJ :p

I probably shoul shelve the idea of a relationship entirely for the next 2 years and think about it again hen I am out of here...

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

What is MJ?

Maybe your large daggers put men off, they are scared you will turn into Loraina Bobbet (correct spelling?) - the woman that chopped off her husbands penis!

But off topic I should upload some photos of my Jordinian daggers and Spanish Bayonets from the cival war. I am sure no-one would apreciate photos of my fencing Sabres and Epée's.

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

MJ = Michael Jackson. :eek:

John Wayne Bobbit (again, spelling?) managed to get his penis sewn back on, and I'm sure I heard somewhere that he works as a stripper now... :shake:
    But this is all distinctly :yot: ; where's the love? :grin:

11. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You know about this murderous emasculating woman and you don't know Michael Jackson? :spin:

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

In fairness, RQ?, Cesard does normally use the abbreviation "WJ" instead... :lol:

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Sorry the MJ thing came out of the blue and taken me by surprise and I am too old for MJ to know closely!

I read that Bobbet is *bigger* than ever! I think he did well out of the deal hahahaha.

Back on topic Arabwell will find her man eventually, even if he is not a member of SP.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    So now it is a DIFFERENT guy whose e-mails I am waiting. And panicking.

15. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So we broke up.

Just so, we discovered we were more in love with each other than we thought. Man, did we cry...

She's now "just" my best friend, which means we're closer than ever, no more of those invisible walls, only open-hearted discussions, laughter, shared sadness... We're actually reeling from our break-up together. Strange. I realise I don't want to talk about it to friends, family or anybody (except here... weird) and that she's the only person I can (and ever did) open up to.

I see now the other girl I was hanging out with is not even close to being such a friend as my ex now is.

Really weird to talk about your ex with ... your ex. I don't know if we should stay that close or if it's better to take some distance for the time being, let things cool down, let feelings die now that we are sure they exist... ****! what kind of situation is that?

16. chevalier

Media:
    Maybe you need some time as friends before coming back to each other? Perhaps it's the closeness you needed and now you also need to find the way to restore the relationship while preserving the closeness?

17. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Oxymore- it's a good one. At least, it's gotta be better than the alternative.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    It really is damned inconvinient when you have no idea if they are "just" flirting or if they are actually interested.

19. chevalier

Media:
    Yes, it is inconvenient but, in my experience, it might actually be better than expressing interest early and clearly.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Usually men jokingly flirt if they are too shy for some serious flirting, so as a general rule of thumb, if a guy makes lots of jokes around you (i.e. about liking you etc) or flirts in a joking manner, he is definately interested!

Being shy in Ireland is very tough if you are a male, as women dispise anyone with little confidence, but being a foreign male in the US soon sorts this out :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.