1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And women tend to be men's favorate waste of time... perhaps we all should just stay in celibate if the morals are too hard to handle. Or better: let's do like the hippies do -anyone having sex with anyone. Much better than celibate and satisfies those oh-so-often overlooked desires. :D

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Someone please tell me to tell the boneheaded, nonreplying bastard to go perform unnatual acts with a porcupine?

*sigh*

I'm hopeless.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I can tell you to give up and concentrate on meeting new people, building quality friendships and wondering what you want in a man before making the choice and selecting one to keep forever. Shall I? :D

4. Arabwel

Media:
    Feel free to... I could use a reality check :)

5. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Reality sucks!

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Nah, Reality Bites.

*ducks*

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Nah, reality *blows*. Which isn't all bad.
    ^_^

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pfeh, tell your woman to come out from the under of your desk. Don't do that kind of things while surfing. :rolleyes:

9. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@chevalier
    this is a really late reply but after a boost from my friends i tried my luck and got my big fat NO. rejection sucks.

10. chevalier

Media:
    It does. More than you think... But trying is still worthy. How many times do you think you are going to be told no? Build friendships. Friends are not for the purpose of hitting on. Something will sooner or later transpire.

11. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Girls get rejected also. Sometimes when a guy quits trying so hard and can be himself a girl starts to like him better

@ Ara...huggles girl dont let it get to you! :lol: porcupines

12. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

This one is mostly for Misanthrope - but also to ask: What happened to the poetry? Doesn't it belong in this thread with all this Weltschmerz?

SOMETIMES with one I love, I fill myself with rage, for fear I effuse unreturn’d love;
    But now I think there is no unreturn’d love - the pay is certain, one way or another;
    (I loved a certain person ardently, and my love was not return’d;
    Yet out of that, I have written these songs.)

Walt Whitman: Leaves of Grass

13. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ Dark Haired Beauty
    girls are certainly more cruel when it comes to rejection. once i went out with a girl just because i couldnt say no, i thought 'what the heck it is one or two dates max, that's all'. it was easier to turn her down. some girls treat you like your purpose on Earth is to ask them out.

14. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Misantrophe

For her or for you?

15. chevalier

Media:
    Well, Misanthrope, no girl ever owes you a date. Especially if there's some nookie nookie involved - she certainly doesn't owe you that before saying she isn't interested.

Speaking about rejection, it seems that I haven't been and that things are working out for me. Bliss. Haven't been this happy for ages. I thought I lost her. I so hope neither of us dumps the other, ever.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Chev, it sounds like you are getting some action, you lucky dog you!!

At the risk of being a total nerd, I have to say that Yoda's advice in RotS is pretty good -- the path to peace and happiness lies in not fearing loss. I've found that in relationships, the less you obsess about losing a person, the less likely you are to lose that person and the happier you'll both be. I could have used that advice about 2.5 years ago.

As it stands now in my current relationship, I focus on the positive and don't stress about the future; I simply try to move toward a "perfect possible" future.

17. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ Jathszu Khatharua
    i guess for both of us. it is not like she was madly in love with me or anything. we met thru a common friend and she mistook my friendliness (excuse my English, i'm not sure if i phrased what i have in my mind). i'm too cold sometimes, that drives people away and sometimes i look more than friendly, i guess.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Still no reply *sigh*

I tbghink I am burying my hopes for this one and if he deigns to reply, keep things just cordially friendly since I appreciate his advice on some matters of writing.

But as a side note: It sucks when you have an almost-crush you know is not going to go anywhere, ever, for various reasons... and then the object of the crush tells you she loves you, and even if it is not the way you want/hope/wish it to be, it still hits home.

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I did not get many dates at highschool, because I feared rejection too much. The girl had to ask me out, I would never do this! It was childish, and I probably missed out a lot. Sometimes you have to 'be a man' and takes risks, as its better to be turned down, than be like me and fear rejection, even if she is making it obvious she is interested!

20. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Cesard, same problem here, now i adopt the motto "Fortune favours the Brave"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.