1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowvamp3524 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

1 thing about relationships with me is, I always get the hoe types that turn into a certified stalker, that has happened twice. So far I'm being careful, both of my exes they're those, I'll cheat on you cuz I can and will and when you dump me I'll curse and stalk you forever. Luckily for me 1 of them gave up while the other is beyond nuts. I refuse to get with a Gemini type girl while both of them are that type of zodiac sign by the way. I seem to be looking for love at the workplace even though that's not a good thing overall, but that seems to be what I like in a woman for now. I tried at the club and that doesn't work. Their all taken. The last 2, 1 was a friend of a friend and the other I met at the library.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hookay, what a freakingly weird day at work. I knew the Taken Chick Magnet aura can have tremendous effects, but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. Man, I do wish there was more reality and less fiction. Patience might pay off... I damn sure as hell wish it pays freaking dividends.

That doesen't make any sense. Bah, whatever, I understand myself, so it's all good.

You're welcome. What?

3. Disciple of The Watch

My eyes and ear have dugged up something interesting sometime ago... one evening, I went out for a few beers and some extreme metal with a few friends of mine, and, whatddya know, it's a small world, I bump into my ex. No big deal, I give her the cold shoulder and continue on with life.

Then, during the evening, I take a trip to the cigar lounge to give a shot to my batch of Tequila-infused cigars, and one of my friends joins me maybe 20/30 minutes later... and he's overheard my ex (and her friend) discussing me.

Appearantly, from my ex's own mouth, I am cold, distant, hard, selfish, egocentric, independant (too much so, I hear) and not demonstrative affection-wise, and this was directly responsible for our breakup. Wow, not the brightest spark, aren't you? You knew how I was, you knew what to expect... yet you still bought the ticket and took the F'N ride! More seriously, though... she nailed it perfectly. Yes, I am all of the above, and damn proud to be. If you can't stomach it, don't F'N bother!

The way I am scares away all the superficial plastic dolls who judge on the first impression, and it does so in a most effective fashion, I dare say. If a chick really digs me, she'll have enough brains and common sense to look beneath the surface. Let her make the effort, let her jump through the hoops, and prove herself to me, and then we'll see.

That doesen't sound like an inviting prospect, girlies? Big [censored] whoop.

I can hear it from here -- new prospects shouldn't pay for the scars from my past. Big freaking whoop. When a few [insert a few choice words here] mess with your head... what's to say it won't happen again? Hence all the hoop-jumping and proving herself to me.

I should probably stop the trip down memory lane. It's having a nasty reverse effect -- I was expecting it to help me sort out my issues with woman, not make things worst.

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ugh, why is it that the people in this world who can make you feel best, can also bring the most frustration. No me gusta.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Well... it's been a long and painful trip down my past with woman, and I think I finally pinpointed the problem.

The problem is me.

Digging through a chest full of old papers and stuff from adult's ed, I found a biology book about heredity. Nothing interesting so far... but one of them had a little sticker on it. A plain old sticker, maybe, but it was given to me by a chick which had something for me back in the days. I immediately recognized it, and instantly made the link to that chick.

Then, it all came crashing down on me. This chick had something for me. She wanted to be with me... but, thanks to the scars I bear from my past experiences with woman, I unwillingly pushed her away, and not only that, I also broke her heart to pieces. She did not deserve it. Not in a million years. I realize that now. And the realization is painful... the scars from my past have caused a lot of suffering... some deserved it, but some did not. From the bottom of my heart, I wish there was a way for me to let her know I cared for her. Unfortunately, she will have to live with the damage I caused her like an A-hole, and as for my part, I will have to live with the regrets and guilt.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Or you could, y'know, locate her number, call her up and apologize. Or, alternatively, handwrite a letter explaining that you now realize you were a complete tool and apologize. Might not get you back in her good graces, but it might. Probably relieves some of the guilt, but not the regrets.

As a group though, we find it easier to live with the guilt than actually extend a little and say we're sorry (men, that is, as far as the group I'm talking about).

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...or you could be beating yourself up over nothing -- perhaps she wasn't very broken up about it.

8. Disciple of The Watch

With all due respect, T2, she was major leagues pissed. She's never said a damn word to me ever since that time. I kno... I mean knew her well enough to know if she stops talking to somebody, it's *always* with a reason. The day she started ignoring me, I knew I epic failed. A few months after that incident, I am invited to come back after the holidays (back in adult's ed, of course). That was the last time I saw her.

Well... considering the circumstances we last saw each other -- at school, her POed at me, I wouldn't expect a welcoming party. It's been four years or so too... at this point, not sure there is much of a chance. But, I do have an uncanny luck at bumping into several people from different periods of my life, so expect the unexpected. I do know if I bump into her, I'll definitively see if we can meet up some time so I can make it up to her.

Time will tell. It's not critical, but it would be sweet. I won't lose any sleep at night if I never have the chance.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  9. Disciple of The Watch

Big time lack of activity here. Let me remedy to that.

Two points to cover, SP, two points.

Point number 1: My housemate had a lot of people over yesterday. Except for his cousin, which is a pretty cool and very down-to-earth gal, the rest of them I wanted to rip their bloody heads right off their damn shoulders... well, for those of them who *did* had one, that is. Then, there's the housemate in question. I'll admit, calling me gasket-blowing prone hothead would be an understatement. Well, I look like a freaking saint by comparaison. I blow gaskets, but I have exponentially more self-control than he does. At least I don't blow gaskets whenever I can't find my [expletive] Pepsi or pack of cigars. It's like the universe is a gigantic conspiracy to piss him off. To say the novelty quickly wears off is an understatement. Then, I was struck full-force by the realization that regardless how much I try to paint a nice picture... living as housemates is *convenience*, nothing more. Hell, we're only a month down in the flat deal, and I am already planning my move for next July, and even more interesting, opportunities are already knocking at my door. The current assistant manager is leaving to do a homecoming back in his native town. What's so special about that? Well, he happens to live in the town that has the *only* other college in the PROVINCE that offers Architecture. Since he announced his departure, the idea of getting transfered has been rattling in my head... again. I left the idea simmering for a few more days, and I realized I have absolutely nothing to lose. Except for a very, very select few, the friends I have here are, and I will not be sugarcoating the truth, expandable. And don't get me started on my so-called "family". /spits

Point one and a half: I overheard my housemate's cousin saying how fed up she was of QC and had plans for an exile, and tell you what, I don't blame her the slightest bit. We've got similar exile ideas, but none of the meatheads in her family seems to understand it. They believe it to be "a folly of youth". Pfeh! What do those idiots know? I'm verging on 26 and I can relate to the jadedness she feels! As a matter of fact, the routine is killing my mind. The timetable for our respective exiles is similar, so by the time I leave, if she wants to join me, then I'll gladly take her along, and this will be my final "[Expletive] you" to this bunch of narrow-minded, hypocritic meatheads who seem to have so little brain cells left they fail to understand the desire that drives her to seek out a better life. Let them live -- and die -- in their stinking hole. She and I seek to build a better life for our respective selves... is that so freaking hard to understand? Then let's be logical for a second... flats are such an [expletive] ripoff in this stinking town that even if the exile plan was not in the cards, I'd be forced to move with someone else -- again -- to tie the two ends together. I can get MY OWN FLAT for the same damn price where I'll be heading.

Point two: I once again live up to my monicker. I'll leave it to that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

She's taken. Nice.

I used to have some sort of breaker that made me not attracted at all to non-single ladies. Those days are gone, and it's not a good thing.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Monty (or was it nunsbane?) was right in RRT6 when I stop and think about it. I attract the taken woman because I am attracted to them too.

To clear something, first... that lass isn't my housemate's cousin. She is outside the acceptable range of age... being nearly 26, an 18 year old is... just wrong.

I'll speak more her (my interest) when things with her go further. Until then, that's all I'm saying.

*EDIT*I think I have reached a Turning point today regarding my interest. Crossing my fingers...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

My roommate just broke up with her boyfriend, one week before moving in with me. Looks like I'll have a crazy over-emotional woman to live with. I'm good friends with the guy as well which will make it a little tougher.

And that is just the start...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  13. Disciple of The Watch

...where's the problem?

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] "Crazy overemotional woman" :p

That's a problem in anyones books :lol:

Have got a good thing going with Kev still, only problem we might have is a chick called Jenna who keeps winding us up :rolleyes:

15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

8people got it... to the point that I even edited to make her quote more accurate :p
    (crazy emotionalized -> crazy over-emotional)

I don't do very well with sad people; try to cheer them up, and end up just getting a little down myself. Overemotional, and it will probably come with mood swings, my patience with mood swings isn't exactly the strongest.

At least it should be an interesting year.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Just wait until she starts blaming you for still being friends with him. Then the fun really begins :shake:

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I went to a bar yesterday night when I met a lady I know (and like) with some idiot. I was already cheerfully drunk at the time, which always brings out the best in me - helping people. So I cheerfully entered their cursory conversation when he talked about the next train home only going in the morning and him having plenty of time because he wouldn't have to work the next day (huh, subtle all right). I used that welcome opportunity to praise, at considerable length, our public transport to then give him detailed recommendations on the best and fastest ways home, and that, lucky for him, there were trains that would bring him home throughout the entire night. I like to help people in need. It was hilarious (and welcome if unexpected) when she tuned in with me. He eventually left, shaken. He certainly had it coming.

It was exceedingly unlikely he wouldn't do anything because he obviously (read: desperately) wanted to impress that lady and thus probably wouldn't pick a fight with someone she's friendly with. :holy:

I freely admit that I didn't like him on first sight because (a) I really like that woman and (b) he was obviously misplaced there and (c) he has silly sideburns and, as if all that wasn't bad enough, (d) he's from :eek: Düsseldorf :eek:. Even with two out of four points that constitutes a casus belli.

PS: Apropos Düsseldorf:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    T2Bruno likes this.
  18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You make it sound like being from Düsseldorf is the eigth deadly sin :lol:

(granted I don't know anyone from that city)

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Being from Düsseldorf is the ninth mortal sin. In my book the eight was that guy trying to flirt with said lady ;) Which is odd, usually I'm not that territorial.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hah, Rags, I get territorial like that too sometimes, but that's rare indeed. You sure you don't want to settle down and all with that one? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.