1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:doh: Stupid ****ing mistake was made earlier... very stupid mistake. We'll see how it pans out...

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Alex seems to be getting angrier with me lately, I have no idea what's different or what I'm doing wrong though. He says nothing, so I'm hoping it's just stress from uni work :(

At least we seem to make up easily enough, even when he upsets me with a passing remark we're able to put pretty much everything behind us.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Been there, done that, peeps. Unfortunately the make-up only is a temporary solution. The heat eventually will become more and more common, and the making up will have less and less effect. It's a tough uphill battle. Best of luck with this vipers' nest, peeps... hope you can sort it out before the dreaded point of no return.

4. Saber

8, is he gaslighting you?

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, I can't speak for him as well, but he's probably the same as me and just a mardy git. If something in my life is getting on my nerves, I tend to take it out on the wrong people, and it's probably because I know they will let me off for it. I know I shouldn't do it and try not to, but sometimes it happens anyway. Blokes are generallly mardy gits. We know we're in the wrong but are just too stubborn to admit it sometimes. He'll be alright, he'll love you to bits, he's just being bloke! He probably wants a bit of attention from you when he does it, I'm the same sometimes! I try and be the big hard macho bloke, but I'm soft as pie really and have my insecurities, most guys are the same I think! He'll be rate, don't think too much into it.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] He's a self professed loner, Barms, he doesn't want attention from me most the time. He just sits in his room gaming and I sit in mine on here just to have someone to talk to when he's in a bad mood :rolleyes:

We get on fine, I would prefer more attention though, when he says he has to work with a group for a project at uni then ends up going out with the lads for ages to come home and says he wants time alone I just get as annoyed with him.

He's always been a mardy git and I'm hoping after the last months here things will return to normal again. If not the ***** is coming out the box :p

What on earth is gaslighting?

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    He sits in one room, and you in the other? What's up with cuddling up on the sofa watching TV together? Even crap TV seems good when I'm laid cuddling my Rach watching it. Swat a DVD on, get a pizza in and a bottle of wine, jobs a good en :-). I tend to have mood extremes really. Although I'd like to think I'm more happy and laughy than moody and mardy. When I get mardy though, I get REALLY mardy! I know it lol, and try to stop it, but emotions tend to get on top of me and make me rash.

One piece of advice I'll give is don't spend too much time apart in different rooms. I don't think that's healthy for you both. You should be spending some time together.

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] We live in Uni halls :( There is one room each, the common room is a noisy tip.

The people in the corridor can be nice enough, but I'm not really friends with anyone here either, I can't go out easily (have only just started walking again today) and often just end up sat getting lonely which just makes when he IS snappy with me feel worse.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Gaslighting" is intentionally confusing another in order to drive them crazy.

I believe it comes from the old movie "Gaslight" where the woman's husband literally tries to drive her insane.

10. Saber

BTA has got it, although I was using it slightly more loosely - I was wondering if he is doing that to you on purpose to manipulate you into doing whatever he wants.

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] He certainly isn't. He knows it wouldn't work anyway. He's seen me snap at other people before and he knows if I reach that point with him it's over.

Hell apparently I'm more manipulative than him and that's just by being me :nuts: Then again, it's just funny to give him a jump now and then :D

He admits he's been neglecting me and blames this place. For now that is good enough. He knows I want more from him, I'm also not going to push for it. I'm here for him when he wants me and he is here for me when I need him.

Might take up that offer of getting a girlfriend though :hmm: apparently I'm 'allowed' one :lol:

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Finally, a breakthrough. My boyfriend and his ex has a pre-trial meeting with the judge over the child custody suit regarding their son. The judge verbally slapped his ex's lawyer for her stall tactics and trying to use non-issue arguments to "prove" that my boyfriend shouldn't be allowed unsupervised visitation.
    The judge at least sees the situation for what it is, the mother trying to use the child to manipulate the father.

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] My step father needs a slap. I really damn hard one to knock some bloody maturity into him.

He has been incredibly cruel to my mother, drove her to breaking point and has announced he wants a divorce and that she isn't welcome on the holiday that SHE has paid for. She has also been given a week to move both her and my stuff out of his house.

I've had to spend the weekend at home acting like NOTHING is wrong and that I am fine with him when I'd rather cut his balls off with rusty, blunted blades.

14. Disciple of The Watch

That sucks, peeps. Big time.

Not much new here -- still hanging out with a friend of mine. She and I came *this* close to a huge mistake... fortunately, we both snapped out just in time... but just barely. Dodged that bullet, for sure. No permanant damage's done (or so it seems), so it's all good.

15. Saber

Oh 8, I am sorry, that is horrible :( I hope he lightens up, or you find a rusty blade :bad:

On my front... ugh. Life just sucks in general, but my relationship situation is ridiculous as well... two girls really want me, neither of whom I want as anything more than friends (one I DID hook up with, but I was pretty sure she didn't want anything more than a one-time deal... guess not), the girl I am interested in is very shy, so I can't tell if it is reciprocal (and I don't know how to approach her in a way that wouldn't seem like I planned it or something), and I miss my ex-girlfriend so much that it physically hurts.

Mixed with my other problems, life is balls right now :D

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is there anyway your mom can get a refund for the holiday she paid for 8? At least that would be something she could do to make the jerks life a little more difficult. I hope that she can find someplace to stay on short notice and hopefully the worst of the storm will pass quickly and both she and you can get on with your lives.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Saber, about the shy chick, if you really want her, keep working. This kind of chicks are notoriously tough nuts to crack. Hell, trust me when I say that, I had to work an ex of mine about two months or so before she warmed up enough. Tall order for sure, but the rewards are well worth it.

As for the other one... "I was pretty sure she didn't want anything more than a one-time deal"... You're *pretty sure*? What the [censored] is that? :toofar: :toofar: :toofar: :toofar: Did you stop to think one second things might *not* be how you imagine, and quite the contrary, you're missing an opportunity?

And if things are indeed as you say they are... well, let's not go there. My flame suit is out for drycleaning and won't be back before a few days.

18. Saber

She flirts with a lot of people but never wants a relationship with those people; I figured I was the same, particularly since we don't go to the same schools, so a relationship would be pointless. Of course I thought things could not be how I imagine; very rarely is anyone completely right about a situation, I don't think I am omniscient. It just seemed that she was not doing anything in the way of trying to make a relationship before we hooked up. Afterwards she seemed really into it though.

And I don't want to take that opportunity, if there is one.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Here we go again. So much for dodging that bullet.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...I'm sick; and when I'm sick, my sense of small goes *way* up. Even the lightest perfumes cause me to start hacking up a lung. Knowing this to the full extent, my wife has decided to use acrylic on her nails, so the *entire* f***ing house stinks like that crap! I've retreated to my computer room with the door shut...but the central air system is picking it up, further distributing the stink throughout the house. But does she care? F*** NO! She needs to look pretty for her new job. The fact that I'm in here about to start hacking up blood doesn't faze her in the slightest. I went out there and gave her the standard "WTF?!?!" talk, and her only response was, "So open a window." Right...it's the middle of the f***ing winter, and I'm going to open a window. Here's a thought, why doesn't *she* do her stinky nails OUTSIDE!!! :bang: :flaming: :bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.