1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Just to put this thread back on topic lol :p

I've been with my missus for 2 and a half years now give or take a month, and things are all good, in fact it was her birthday just before we went back to uni (we go to separate uni's at opposite ends of the country so our relationship has been mostly spent apart) and I almost popped the question, but I thought better of it since it'd be unfair on the both of us to do that and then not be together for several months. I later that night told her that I had thought about asking her to marry me and she was super happy, but understood why I hadn't :)

We are both in our final year at uni, so not long before we can start looking for a place to live together. We've been discussing possibly moving abroad, maybe Canada, no idea why really but its one of the few places we can see us being happy.

Just thought I'd throw out some happy news while I was here :)

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Wow, congratulations are in order Dave. That's a real big step you're taking and I think it's very wise of you not to rush into things given your situation. Anyway you won't need to take maple syrup with you for the honeymoon. :p

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Supposed to see my former interest for the first time since she turned me down. This should be interesting. Actually, no. I'll probably be myself, aka a rude, crude, cold-shouldered A-hole. Let's see if after seeing the best of me she can stomach my true self. This will determine her longevity as a friend. Or, hell, who knows, maybe I'll just completely erase her from my life. We'll see. Besides, she's leaving in February for good... I'm not sure if I want to say farewell or good riddance.

It's supposed to be a work meeting, and party after, but I hear some people in particular are going to get slammed tomorrow. Not me, I can just chill out, because I'm not concerned.

Not much new with the new interest, though I managed to provoke a reaction that tells a lot. She was browsing through a 'guy' magazine -- electronics, w*****, cars, that kind of stuff -- and this was a 'special lingerie edition'. One piece of the said lingerie interested her, and I basically teased her about it without having to say a damn word -- long live facial expressions. She turned as red as the piece of lingerie... she knew what I was thinking, and I'm almost tempted to quote Saber's "put it in her", which is appropriate. And quite probable.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Good to see things are going well :lol:

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

oh crap.

I unintentionally put myself into a "loneliness crisis" by reading Hemmingway's "The Sun Also Rises" and immediately followed it up with Murakami's "Norwegian Wood". Then, when sick and vulnerable, I watched "Casablanca" ALONE and somehow managed to convince myself that I was really into this friend of mine.

Then I made an ass of myself with her, and now things are awkward and I've regained my senses just now only to realize that I may have screwed up with her totally... for nothing :doh:

It is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds. How have I ever become so pathetic, lol. :sigh:

6. Caradhras

Media:
    Just tell her about your "loneliness crisis", if she's a friend she'll understand. The awkwardness will go away. ;)

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I once met this girl and I thought she was really, really into me because her pupils were so dilated. Turned out that she was using cocaine. Tough luck. *shrugs*

Ziad likes this.
  8. Disciple of The Watch

Keep the steel chairs handy -- I might dent a couple on my head to vent frustrations if my Mastermind nature once again is proven correct.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I had kind of exaggerated how well things were going for me. Me and the girl hit it off well but not being able to meet up really didn't help things. My roommate asked if she had any feelings for me (they're old friends) she said that she had some, but the timing wasn't right... and wanted to give a guy she met before me (slightly... ughh) a chance before considering an actual relationship with me. Probably isn't going to work out for me, which blows as this was the breath of fresh air I was counting on in life.

Now my tunnel vision problem will probably kick in where I start comparing new people I meet to the one I probably can't have. Oh well, that's how I work, and I like myself too much to complain I guess... Well, not quite, I'll still complain, but I can't really change.

It's all to bad, she's just different from any girl I've cared for before. Surprised me how I fell for her because of that, so I thought maybe there was actually going to be something to it.

Meh...

10. Caradhras

Media:
    That sucks in so many ways since you really seem to have fallen for her (or at least seem pretty much determined that you have actually fallen for her which is possibly even worse).

My advice to you: don't get too obsessed and try to play it cool. Perhaps she'll come around but if she doesn't it's her loss. So now is probably the right time to move on and go out with other girls.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If she's considering you as a 'backup' plan, she may not be worth considering. Then again I'm not known for doing things by halves.

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Just put 'it' in an another girl...

13. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG]
    What I said phrased in a better way thanks to Triactus. ;)

14. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    My pleasure... :p

Caradhras likes this.
  15. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

IMHO it's gotta be an all in 100% deal. If she were really interested in you this other guy wouldn't even be a factor in the equation. I say move on and find a girl who is as into you as you are into here (emotionally speaking, you sickos!)

16. Disciple of The Watch

I'll have to second peeps... being a backup plan -- or consolation prize -- is a recipe for a legendary trainwreck.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...unless there's fringe benefits to being the back-up. I've been there before -- all the fun, none of the responsibility. Whoo-hoo, ride 'em cowboy.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Only if you're going in for the fun only. Get any ideas of emotional attachment and you're screwed (pun not intended)

19. Disciple of The Watch

I absolutely agree with that, but...

...that is a damn fact.

As for me, meh. Saw the former interest, gave her the coldest shoulder, and ignored her during all the evening. New interest... I don't know, there's a checklist of things that need to be resolved. More on that later... not going to fall into speculation.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

So, it's been over a year since my girlfriend broke up with me, and I still love her. But I realized the other day that I am in the anger phase of getting over her - I want pain to be inflicted upon her... I sincerely hope that her boyfriend is cheating on her so she can go through the same pain I did - knowing someone you love and trust has no respect for you and considers you nothing.

To semi-quote Patrick Bateman: My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for [her]; in fact, I want my pain to be inflicted upon [her. I don't want her] to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.