1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Or you could wear a white T-shirt (with grease stains on it) and roll a cigarette pack in your short sleeve. :clap:

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

See for me it is a case where they are legit rain checks, somehow caused by functions with her sorority (don't ask me why I fell for a sorority girl, I don't know why either). She also seems very sincere about trying to piece together something else. For instance, she is going to have to miss going to a haunted house/hay ride stuff with me... but she's trying to find something to do before her function so we can still meet :)

I'm about 50-50 whether she feels the same way about me as I do about her though.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    In that case you should take it easy Chicken, be patient and see where it goes. Unless you're not that into her.

Dating someone who is really busy sucks until you realize that you can take advantage of this by doing things you couldn't do if you were dating someone more clingy or someone with a more limited social life. That's the old glass half full cliché.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Every time I ever told a girl I was really busy what I really meant was "I don't want to spend time with you."

If she was really hot, or had an awesome personality, or had a lot of money*, I always could find the time.

*I never actually dated a girl with lots of money. *sigh* That lucky Archie Andrews! I mean, really, how did he even take more than a split second to decide -- Veronica may be a <female dog> but she wanted him and had $$$$ to spare -- where's the decision?

5. Triactus

Media:
    pffff... Betty is waaay more hotter than Veronica...

6. Caradhras

Media:
    Harsh but true. There was a girl who kept dodging me for a while until I told her that I was fed up with her attitude and that she had to make up her mind and tell me whether she wanted to see me or was just being polite because I had better things to do than make plans for a girl who didn't want to see me. It turned out that she liked my reaction, apologized and managed to find some time to see me.

So it's not a bad idea to find out where you're standing with someone and there is nothing wrong with stating the obvious. Either she wants to see you and you know it or she doesn't and you stop wasting your time. If she feels bad about not being upfront with you then you still gain some leverage. I'm not saying that you should play with her potential guilt but if she wants to make it up to you then you are free to let her just do that.

I heard Betty was ugly. :p

Veronica is a hot name...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Said it before, said it again... I'm a rude, crude, cold-shouldered A-hole, so only a very small percentage of my friendships work out. That margin is even smaller if we're talking about interests -- I doubt the fire is still going to burn in 2011. But, if somehow it does... we'll see then.

8. Caradhras

Media:
    Some girls really dig that type so I'm sure that's not a problem. They may have issues but who doesn't?

Unless of course if they want to reform you. There is nothing worse than a girl who tries to mend your crooked ways. It's a recipe for disaster, take my word for it.

9. Disciple of The Watch

With my interest, no, it's not a problem. She hanged out with my bro prior to hanging with both of us, so she knew what to expect, my bro did tell her we're near carbon copies... and everybody who knows the both of us will tell you the same.

But, she takes as good as she dishes out. A relationship with me does require a thicker skin, and by now it's safe to say she's definitively up to the task. Hell, I watched some ultraviolence with her, and at first she was cringing, but by the end, she was digging it and begging for an OD on violence... 'nature' enthusiast, too. This is *really* a female version of myself. I'm letting things slide along and see where it goes, but from what I've seen, things are heading my way. Enough said.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I think you should put it in her.

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  11. Disciple of The Watch

Ha! I like your style! However, I want THAT part to mean something, so when she and I get involved, I'll let time slide off. Besides, this is a decision I'll entirely leave to her, I'll be ready when she is, regardless of the time it takes.

12. Triactus

Media:
    haha, what a romantic way of putting it... :)

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I definitely am into her, that's just why it sucks. I really don't have anything else going on right now, so my mind stays with her. She lives in a different town too, which despite being only 8 miles away, really limits chances to hang out too. Oh well, past history says that I get too much tunnel vision when I find a girl I like... maybe it'll work out this time though.

And Saber is definitely the most romantic man on here.

14. Saber

Hmm, can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll take that as a compliment :p

15. Caradhras

Media:
    My take is that it's sarcastic, but there is nothing that precludes being romantic in that particular case. It all depends on how you proceed to make such an entry. Soft lights, candles, Marvin Gaye or Barry White help create a very romantic mood whereas Sepultura or Pantera and unspecified accessories will most certainly create a different impression but both can be valid means of expressing the same interest. In my experience though Die Fledermaus is a bit of a mood killer.

16. Saber

Haha, well I have shown some signs of romance in the past, so perhaps he was referring to those. Rereading it, I can see otherwise.

I will still take it as a compliment :p

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I was referring to:

That just says candlelight dinner on the beach.

18. Triactus

Media:
    Same here. There are more romantic ways of hooking up with a woman than say 'put it in her'... :lol:

19. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    But none more effective :p

20. Caradhras

Media:
    One does not preclude the other.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.