1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ohh, it is good and owns as in 'I'm her possession' as someone is when that someone is possessed.

Nobody's talking anything about being a doormat. I do as I please and if it's coinciding with what she wants, I'm more than willing.

There's nothing wrong to have a mistress, now is there? :p

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, I know exactly what you mean - my ex-girlfriend is gorgeous, and pretty much every heterosexual guy sees her and tries to hit on her/get her to go on a date/etc. It sucked, but I trusted her and (as far as I know, haha) she never betrayed me. It is worth it to trust her, BA.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Gah... about the same old same old. She's teetering on the edge of breaking up with him (I think) and keeps coming to me for advice. Which makes me pretty sure I'm screwed in the just-a-friend spot as other's have already suggested. However, several discrepancies to that theory do exist (won't hit specifics now), which just add to my confusion.

It's too much confusion for me.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hookay, for two straight days now she's came to work dressed in black head to toe. Interesting.

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Her: Why is he so mean to me?
    Me: Because you let him.
    Her: I hate you for saying that, but you're right.

I think that's the last bit of advice/hint I will give her with this.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If that is the truth, in the end she will thank you for it, I think. Generally, when people are told they are letting bad things happen to them (especially if it is true and they know it) then they get upset at you for speaking the truth. But the truth is the best thing in a bad situation (generally speaking).

DotW, is that a bad thing? I like black clothing!

7. Disciple of The Watch

Saber, nope, I've been dressing in black since I forgot how long. I just find it a little... odd. I never saw her in black until this week.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I'm not the biggest fan of just black... I prefer some variety ;)

As for my current situation... still the same. I've actually decided that I'm kinda getting ripped off in this situation. Normally I just admit that it's not meant to happen, but there's a three tiered buildup here that explains my disappointment (step 1 leads to step 2, tec-- and this is not just me saying it, but also my bias friend, haha).

1. The other guy is better looking. This is hard to overcome, especially in the early going with first impressions. I'd say we were pretty even in the girls mind when we all first met, but his looks put him over the top. Not to mention that he got right to the chase with it.

2. Now that she's in a relationship, she doesn't want to change things. At this point they don't seem to be happy, but it would be inconvenient to break up. It seems they are putting aside their lack of satisfaction with the relationship in order to maintain status-quo.

3. If they had never entered a relationship in the first place, she'd probably be dating me. I feel like a prick saying this, but it is the truth. She always calls me before him and tries to avoid him in order to hang out with me. Also she always drags me along with them rather then alone time for themselves. These are the two general examples (there's more, but the point kinda has been made) Once again I normally would never say something like this, but every indication has been that she likes me more... AND that's not just my bias friends agreeing with me, it's some of her friends too.

Karma owes me big time I think... When I finally give up here there better be the most perfect girl imaginable around the corner.

9. Disciple of The Watch

You know, thar kinda reminds me of the Taken Chick Magnet cycle. Except that the lack of satisfaction they try to make up for with a guy like me.

So, yeah.

On a different note, I got three shiftcuts with the chick at work this week. It's going to be my turn to play psychological warfare. I got enough time... and I'm tired of wandering around in the dark.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Our lass has got the grumps on with me a bit. Not seriously, but she's not best happy. My football team play their biggest local rivals this weekend, and there's always trouble and fighting. She doesn't want me to go, but she knows I love my team and I always go and watch them. She is worried I'm going to get caught up in trouble and end up fighting. I told her I won't, but she says there's too many idiots out there to be safe (plus she knows I'll end up absolutely blotto). I'm going though. She knows I go to the footy!

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    you better make sure you don't get into any trouble then, she'll seriously get the sulks!! i'm the same with my fella!

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You could convince her to come as well so she can make sure you behave. Then you get to watch your team and, in case trouble breaks out, you can show her what a gentleman you are by not getting involved and taking her to safety ;)

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Ooh, classy. I like that ;)

Though it seems she isn't too big on footy herself.

14. Disciple of The Watch

It's official - I'm wasting my time with that chick at work. *shrugs* At least now I know. Back to being the Taken Chick Magnet, so it seems.

No skin off my back.

---------- Added 23 hours, 52 minutes and 1 seconds later... ----------

Everyone at work fully backs my request of working 10PM-7AM instead of 10:45PM-8:15AM.... except for that [insert the longest string of curses, insults and every single offensive word I can think of] who works the day shifts... yeah, that same [censored] who had gotten (notice the use of the past tense) under my skin.

So what does this have to do with RRT? Everything. First, this was EXACTLY what I needed to carve the [censored] out from under my skin, and big time. Second, she's a snobby-ass little [censored]. Things are so cold between me and her I swear everything in a 5-foot radius freezes when we're in the same room. Third... I officially hate her. And since I cherish grudges like lovers, you can be damned sure I won't forget this one.... and you can also be damned sure I'm going to get back to you. That's how much of an A-hole I am.

Funny, there's a chick who works in the place I'll be transferred in a month or so, and the last couple of times I went there, she took the other cashier's place when it was my turn. :shake:

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Haha, I've tried to take her to the football before but she has none of it. "I'm not standing getting freezing cold for 2 hours watching a bunch of idiots kick a bag of wind about!" is her usual answer. She'd probably go if I told her aI really wanted her to... but the constant moaning would be too much to take :lol:

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Salamander gets sulked at if he makes me go shopping with him :p

He enjoys food shopping, I can't STAND it, even my mother learnt from an early age to leave me somewhere else. There's just something about it that makes me go into a rather bad mood, even if I try not to.

"Well don't offer to come along next time if you're just going to be a misery!"
    "... You MADE me come along."
    "Oh yeah."

We didn't even get pop tarts :(

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hah. You attract women who aren't free to pursue you. I attract those I fail to identify as being attracted. Scuttlebutt says half the law firm would take a bullet for a date with me, but I fail to see any of that save bosses always sending me in when stuff in court involves interacting with female clerks. Oh well. At least you didn't suffer a big nasty break-up at work, which is something perfectly able to mess up your work for good. BTW, that girl from my former work has switched from "handsome" and "dear Firstname" to silence and I still don't know what caused it. Oh, right, I do. She said no one in the picture. I said same here. That's where it ended. So waitasec. Had I had someone in the picture, it would have continued? DoTW, you're spreading bad influence. For the record, I'm not interested in that one. As much as I like her and as pretty as she is, it's just not my type of girl personality-wise.

So back to my studies. I'm doing a Ph.D. and an American law course at the same time. Plenty of stuff to sink in. I'd so go to Fla. for an LLM. After this stuff, I'd only need to do 11 or 17 hours of comparative law to nail it (probably a paper too, I guess)! Oh, but I'm changing the subject.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sometimes 'no one in the picture' comes across as not being interested at all :xx:

Picking up pieces at a girls school often helps seeing how such a simple statement can be convoluted into something ridiculous :lol:

For example if a guy tells a girl he's not interested in going out with her and is then seen out with his long term girlfriend it's a grave insult to the original girl he didn't even give her a chance :rolleyes:

what else was there...

Oh yes; If a guy doesn't text you because he's out of credit - he's obviously ignoring you after wasting all his texts on 'some other slag'

WISDOM FROM THE HORMONE RIDDLED! :p

19. Disciple of The Watch

Thank Satan for unlimited texting.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

Also found out the hard way - don't buy the same phone and contract as your significant other. Can be very confusing when you both have the same wallpapers and ringtones for a while :D

Especially for mutual contacts!

"Oh cool, you've got the same music I put on my phone as well."
    "Actually, I just stole your phone to see if you'd notice."
    "... Well played."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.