1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Damn right! When you feel lonely it's easy to only remember the good times.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, yeah, I do. I was joking about passing the booty this way, I just can't pass up opportunities to make comments like that. If, in real life, you actually set me up with those you turned down, I would turn them down as well because I am very serious about my girlfriend. I despise cheating on significant others... it appalls me.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Alright, all our plans ended up getting canceled since she had a club meeting the next day, but its fine. Saw her today at a football game at my university (she works concessions... gets me free food :)) and we're gonna hang out soon again. It's good right now...

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Trying to build a relationship with a cheater is like building a skyscraper on sand - sure, you might get it as high as the Empire State Building... but it's only a matter of time until it all comes crashing down on you.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

That is a pretty good metaphor DotW.

But yeah, why the hell would someone cheat on his or her significant other? Just break up with them and save everyone a lot of pain!

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Today was a good day. I dropped by the restaurant she works at for lunch (as is customary on Tuesdays now) and so we chatted a little bit there. Later we each had nothing to do so we hung out in my dorm room for an hour or so until she had to go... And later we are eating together as well (with another friend).

All in all, things couldn't be going better, but I wish I knew how she viewed both me and the other friend we have.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I can double post after 24 hours right?...

Ok, things aren't as good as could be hoped for :(. She IS dating the other guy, and that about sums it. Apparently he's been making her mad though so she was venting to me a lot while we hung out today. Then at one point she said:

"You are being a better boyfriend than he is." (thats how I found out, haha)... And I was like
    "No... that's not good... all the hassle without any of the perks."

She took it well... Now it's kinda a moral dilemma, do I hope it doesn't work out at my friends expense so I have a chance. Normally I'd say that is a no, but I think he knew my feelings for her before he started... bleh.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just stay in the picture mate, and be a good shoulder to cry on.

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ChickenIsGood

I don't like posting in this thread, but I feel obligated to let you know ...

You're in the "Friend Zone". Unless you get some sort of sexual/physical/mutual attraction chemistry going, that's where you'll stay. If you can't get it going, you may be saving yourself a lot of energy and grief looking elsewhere.

I'm sorry if this is coming across as harsh, but I'm telling you the truth as I see it (and have seen it in other instances).

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not so good. Personally, I think Beren is likely right here.

Oh so true.

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I would like to, but unfortunately as past experience turns out I can't just "look somewhere else." I wish this wasn't the case, but that's just how I work for better of for worse. I've tried before with other lasses, but something feels wrong about going after different girl when you like another more. Oh well... I'll see the disappointment to the end! :rolleyes:

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not trying to down you. Sometimes it isn't a matter of looking elsewhere. Just let things happen naturally. You'll never know when you meet somebody else, often when you least expect it. There is truth in the expression, "There's plenty of other fish in the sea."

13. Disciple of The Watch

Bah, I lock woman out of my life and somehow, someway, one of them manages to get under my skin. Then, to make things even more effed up, she's my damn coworker. Oh yeah, not to mention involved.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

The smartest move would be doing absolutely nothing. And this is exactly what I intend to do.

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

No, understand perfectly, your advice is what I tend to give my friends in the same situation. You can't just tie yourself to one person for better or for worse, you still have to keep your eyes open.

And way to go DotW... taken chick magnet strikes again! Really though, it'd be nice for one of these girls to finally be single for you. Best of luck with however you go about this.

15. Disciple of The Watch

She's been involved with someone for years as far as I know. Then there's this... tension between the two of us. I can't tell if she plain dislikes me, just doesen't give a damn or likes me, and when you're as good as me when it comes to reading people, that pretty much makes me SOL. My bro, unlike me, has a good eye to gauge people, but we're once again butting heads, so I'm on my own.

In short, I ain't doing squat. I took a MUCH needed hiatus from woman because one more bad experience would have caused serious permanant damage. Time is the essence here - I need time to work my issues with woman, which in return gives more time to get to know her. From that point, I'll go with the flow - if something happens, then it happens, if not, then *shrugs* no big deal.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That might be because you see it as either her or someone else. When you're after someone, yes, you can't chase other people at the same time or it feels weird. Or I should rather say vain and oppressive to yourself. But in such cases, you simply need some rest from all of it.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

This is getting increasingly uncomfortable... in a literal sense. We've been spending a lot of time together and it's at the point that when we are apart my mind can't seem to help but wonder over to her. This is not good, especially because with so much free time as I have now (low-level classes, no job) it mean that's a lot of time for mind wandering.

Gah! It's torture :D

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Just avoid the best friends thing.
    "You're a nice guy, but..."

It's even got a Wiki article on it. Even someone such as I have felt and seen people suffer from the Best Friend Syndrome.

19. Disciple of The Watch

I believe I have the answer I was seeking - I think she DOES like me. She helped me tie up all the paperwork for my daily report while I was busy tending to another end-of-shift duty, and used one of my random comments to ask me about something I like. Inquiring about my tastes tells me she shows interest in knowing me better. No cause for celebration yet, but I do believe things are headed on the right track.

And yes, she's definitively gotten under my skin. Try as hard as I might, I can't get her out of my head. Base advice hasn't changed - just get to know her better and do nothing until (if ever) the time is right.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hiatus, hiatus, where art thou? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.