1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I was going to say lightning leaves burns, but what the heck, enjoy your happiness. :D

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Carpet burns? :angel:

Seriously, good for you Iku, I hope it will last.

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Thanks and...Crikey! Love's the strangest thing to come tumbling by...

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, I'll be damned, looks like there's still hope.

You know, in a way, love is like a sneak attack: You never see it coming, and then it strikes. Sometimes it's also akin to a deadly toxin... but what the hell.

Best of luck, Iku. With luck, this one won't end in an emotional trainwreck.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Girls are like buses- You wait ages for one, then two come along at the same time. And they have history with each other and another guy. ANd they hate each other.

I should get a car

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Alright Daie, you know what you have to do...or more like arrange...Catfight! Rowr! Or...a mudwrestling competition, the winner gets you!

No but seriously, tread lightly friend. That thing sounds quite messy and also like history repeating itself. I wonder what happened to the other guy...

edit: alright is spelled with one l!?

[ July 04, 2007, 23:16: Message edited by: Iku-Turso ]

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Either "all right" or "alright", the former being more widely considered correct. Frankly, it's the same process as appears in "always" or "already" ("all ways", "all ready" respectively), technically, but since it's a newer form (originated around 1890, while "all right" had returned around 1800, having been absent since the end of Middle English), it can be contested.

That's some special kind of love you're talking about, DotW. I fathom real love does not come as a toxin and it does not intoxicate. At least not in the hurtful sense. Call me delusional. ;)

That is actually "normal". The interest you awaken in a woman is attractive to another. You become attractive by just being attractive. This is, however, some superficial kind of attraction. You will not be loved for being loved by another, much less for being attractive to someone else. ;)

As for histories, beware. Some people can't free themselves from those and some histories are really scary, but sometimes good people have really scary histories. We all have some things that make us less then perfect, so don't be too hard on a girl. Though in your particular example it does sound like a bisexual love triangle. Either that or I've had too much beer and too little sleep.

Besides, watch yourself around any people who hate anyone. They're consumed by that and it eats up their energy. It also prevents them from acting rationally.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    :lol: Cheeev! Imagination running a little rampant? You've definitely had too much to drink and too little sleep! :p

9. chevalier

Media:
    The girls had history with some guy and each other. That really sounded quite obvious. :p Perhaps the affairs weren't cotemporaneous, though. :p

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Delusional :p

I think he meant that they had history with the guy in the relationship sense, and history with each other as in they've known each other and disliked each other for a while (or some other incident, probably non-sexual, happened).

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    In slightly less than I month, I fly up to see my boyfriend. These long distance things are a pain....

12. chevalier

Media:
    Yeah, though it's always nice to misinterpret someone intentionally, isn't it? :p

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hokay, here' how it goes. I think I'm moving in with this girl. You know, the one I met two weeks ago :eek: There's more reasons to move in with her than not to.Moving in together will happen eventually, I know this, it just seems that for practical reasons it'll happen sooner than later. We know that at some point reality will hit, as for now we've seemed to be encased inside of this bubble of happiness. The whole thing fills us with dread, but we both aknowledge that it's supposed to feel that way, we're not taking things too lightly. All signs point to yes, she's the one that I want, one thing for instance is that we can discuss openly about anything. The thing is however that this whole thing has gone real fast, and we don't know should we be worried about things going a little too fast.

I know this is crazy stuff, but it seems that I'd be completely insane not to live the rest of my life with her. And...umm, I asked her about this and she feels the same way as well. :D

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

wow. good luck with that, hope you don't end up going :doh:

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Nah, no bisexual love triangle. It's just to do with people cheating and stuff like that. ANyway, I think I'm gonna be okay, if I tread oh...so...carefully.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've came to a decision.

I naturally and subconsciously seem to attract the dark side of woman - goths, suicide girls - you name it, I attract it. This same dark side of woman drives me bananas. Give me a dark, brooding goth or suicide girl over any "normal" woman. Even if I tried my hardest, trying to attract "normal" woman just ends in abysmal failures, or worst, temporary success, until my all or nothing view on life and legendary emotional unstability kicks in and scares the s*** out of the said "normal" woman.

Maybe it's the aura I radiate. Maybe I subconsciously am attracted to woman who are reflections of myself - to a degree, at least. To tell the truth, I don't care. I attract dark types, scare away "normal" woman and that's the cold, hard truth. I better get used to it, because that's the way it is, and the way it's always been.

Besides, I seek a woman who's not packed to the brim with issues, yet I am myself packed with issues - paradoxal, isn't it?

So, from this day forward... I shall revel in my uncanny attracting the dark side of woman. I shall revel in their dark beauty, because this is what I am, and that's how I roll.

17. chevalier

Media:
    Are you still not somehow drawn to those who tread in the light? Do you not wish to overcome the basic attractions and move on to the less obvious but more rewarding level?

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

OK, so. In early June, my girlfriend broke up with me. About that same time, my ex-girlfriend and I had become good friends again. She expressed she still had feelings for me. About a week after my girlfriend had broken up with me, my ex- and I hooked up. I thought I made it clear that I didn't want a relationship and that this was just for fun... I guess I did it because I liked being close to her again. But, that is beside the point. So, we hooked up a couple of times, and when I realized that it would only end in her pain, I decided I wanted to stop it. So, we talked a week later and agreed that it should stop.

Now, within that week, my girlfriend (well, ex-, but the more recent ex-) said she wanted to get back with me, and I said I wanted to wait a while but that eventually that was what I wanted. So we too, made out. I thought nothing of it because I had already determined there was nothing with the other girl.

However, girl 1 and I talked, and she said she felt I was leading her on and taking advantage of her... which I did not feel like I was doing, because that was not my intention. She was very serious about it, and I was not, and it hurt her very badly because she really wanted me back (this was the girl I loved who broke my heart, by the way).

And the other girl (who I like and possibly want to restart a relationship with, who also wants me back) doesn't know girl 1 and I hooked up, and if she did, it would kill her because she feels constantly threatened by her, despite the fact that she isn't a threat.

So: 1. I made a huge mistake with girl 1, and I didn't consider it a big thing at the time.
    2. I hadn't expected girl 2 to want me back, so that could have been part of why I wasn't cautious with girl 1.
    3. Now girl 1 is pissed off and hurt, and I didn't mean to, and she doesn't believe that I value our friendship.
    4. I ****ed up big time. Oh dear do I regret it.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have no constructive advice for you Saber, just a comment.

That sounds like a few episodes of the series "One Tree Hill" right there.

Anyone here watch that? I've never really followed it but my siblings are all into it so I catch the occassional episode/story arc.

20. chevalier

Media:
    Saber, without moralising, you've learnt your lesson. Always respect your friends and always respect your girlfriends. ;) Now you need to reevaluate your relationships and find out which girl really cares and which girl you really care for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.