1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Happens.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

you've trapped yourself there, just try and break the cycle. your friends are probably just used to you being there. which isn't bad, hell, it shows you're a good friend. but, as you said, it's always you. go out, get drunk, hit on someone ;)

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    The damnest thing's happened to me. But I don't know what this is. I do think I might have fallen with someone. Infatuated at least. It's strange.

First I didn't think much about it. I mean sure, we did have a lot in common, similar taste in music for instance. Ok, I met her on the internet. I just found someone I could really connect to. Pretty, funny, kind of intimidating in the way that in order to even start to imagine things with her I'd have to be a biker dude or something. It got rather strange in the very beginning how well we connected. I started hanging on her words staying up until who nows what the time was. Almost every day.

Eventually we met in real life. I didn't think much of it. But she was already one of my best friends. We talked. She told me things she'd never tell to anyone else, I told her stuff I'd never tell another living soul. Nothing to it. We were friends. I met her again. Still friends.

After a while we talked on the phone and the question was raised whether I was infatuated with her or what. I said I didn't know. That this is kind of strange. That we were such good friends that...mumble, something...After that phonecall something clicked, like a switch was turned on in me.

With her I feel like with no other person ever. No inferiority or superiority complex. I feel liberated. She makes me feel great. As if I'm addicted I need hear her voice and talk with her every day and we talk for hours. I dream about her. And I still don't know what this is. We're friends and I'm more than happy with that, but this is pretty confusing nonetheless.

There's more to it, but I didn't want to make the post any longer...

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/me gets ready to serve reality check

/me reads further

I'm familiar with the feeling, bro.

From the looks of it, I believe you might just have found the gal you've been looking so hard for.

Of course, what do I know, since there's more here than what you've said, so I'm not really in a position to judge, but I can tell ya one thing -- this connexion you've got with her is a sign.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Meet her in person.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh I did already. Twice. Talked. A lot. Ate a pizza. I'm so screwed. She got turned down by this other guy a while ago and I'm screwed if those two end up being together after all. The thing with her is that sshe doesn't get infatuated that easily into anyone and she just got winged. Dun-dunn! And she likes me. Really likes me the way I am, but she's not head over heels. Most likely not even infatuated with me. We just connect. Sheesh.

I asked her out on a date. She said it's ok. But she's still got some feelings for this other guy. I'm so royally screwed.

Worst case scenario in this case would be that we're friends and that's it. I mean I can probably live with that, but...man! If there'd be any way to win her over I'd do almost anything for it.

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    You don't want to win her over at any price. If she doesn't feel that way, she doesn't. Trying to convince her till she finally gives in probably won't lead to any good things.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not good. Don't be soft. Don't get infatuated. Not good at all. Play it cool.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Iku,
    being 'just good friends' is evil when one side's in love. You can't reason away your emotions. Just see what happens :) If it's all good, don't hesitate though :)

Just make sure you are not her relationship sorrow dump. Gays are better suited for that role. If it looks like that, bail out. No point in grinding oneself up only to see her re-connecting with her ex. Look up for suggestive questions in that direction.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Yuh, sucks to be me. I think I'll wait this one out.

I tried to make some sense out of this and why I'm so bloody annoyed about the whole thing, but no matter how I tried to phrase and rephrase my thoughts I ended up only finding that I'm just jealous that she's infatuated with that other guy.

She and I were friends before it really hit me that I might have a crush on her. Friends first. And she does make me laugh like a barrelfull of monkeys on acid. So I'm just going to be there as a friend...oh...uh...I just realized that if they end up being together I might lose her for good as a friend as well as my flimsy hopes of something else....ow....just...effin...shoot me now for being such a dumbass...

[ June 18, 2007, 16:14: Message edited by: Iku-Turso ]

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wish I was gay, honestly. I understand men a lot better than I understand women! Women confuse the hell out of me.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Not quite with you on that gay part, but 100% with you on that confuse part. Amen. :beer:

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Well, duh! *Ahem* I'm sorry about that, but that really is obvious statement of the week :p

In other news, when I get back home, I'm going to have to have a rather unhappy chat with one of the girls, it seems. That realy sucks, and I really don;t want to.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, I was on one of my semi-rare day shifts at work (on a Tuesday, to help set the scene) when a girl came to the bar for a drink (duh! What else do you go to a bar for?) and she looked a little bit young so I carded her, then we got chatting. I ended up staying an hour and a half after my shift ended to sit and chat with her then when time came for me to go home (finally) I got about 50 metres or so from her when something overcame my usual shyness and I wrote my number on a coaster to give her.

The whole 'confiding dark secrets' thing came into play 4 days later when during one of our text conversations she tells me not one but TWO big serets, kinda related to each other, that she'd never told anyone, somehow I seem to inspire that in a lot of people.

Long story short (too late I hear you say?) we met up on the following Sunday arvo at my work after I finished another semi-rare day shift, played pool and talked for about 7 hours until the club closed, then went to a pub in town to talk for another 2 hours before we each went our seperate ways home.

Anyway, from the outset it had the aspects of one of those kinda friendships, you know the ones, and we still text even though she's home in Darwin, hundreds of kms away and due to recent developments we both finally revealed to each other that we're both keen on each other, shame it couldn't have happened while she was here on holiday :bang:

15. Ragusa

Media:
    I today watched a colleague on the other side of the office room absent mindedly stroking her breasts all day. Now that made me absent minded.

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ragusa, where do you work and why don't I work there?

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I spent the last night with a most wonderful woman ever, strangers in the night, no previous affiliations with this girl, met her the first time. No sex, mind you. A lot of cuddling. And k-i-s-s-i-n-g. And talking. A lot of words between us. Not separating, but binding. I'm enthralled. It's possible that I've never known what falling in love is before now. It's the strangest thing. The chemistry is amazing. It's like we've known before, in a previous life or something like that. It's as if it's meant to be. She's so lovely. As if suffering from a concussion; a lightning from the clear blue sky has struck me dumb like never before.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We should make a movie about that night.

19. Ragusa

Media:
    Hmm. I misposted and have nothing to say here right now.

[Don't worry, I don't think anyone will notice. -Tal]

[ July 01, 2007, 13:30: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    [​IMG] Happy, happy! Joy, joy! :D :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.