1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    "Look", said the wolf, "See these big sharp teeth I got, the ears, the fur? I'm a wolf all right. I'll tear you apart and eat you up. You're lunch, and so's your grandma. So keep away from me. For your sake. But I'm a poor excuse for a wolf. I don't like eating nice little girlies like you. Besides, I'm tired of these games. You know how they end, right? Me deep in a well with my belly full of rocks."

"But I'm sure you could make me perfectly miserable, and you don't have to worry about me, I'm sure there'll be this nice hunter to rescue me if things get too bad", said the little red riding hood, her starry eyes full of awe to meet a real wolf, even a mangy mutt like the one before her.

"I think I'll pass. One little red riding hood is just about enough for any wolf who knows what's good for him, and I've had my share thank you very much", the wolf muttered slinking back to the woods.

So. She took it pretty too well. The bullet's on a ricochet and I need to start making major evasive movements. I hope that cold shoulder would do the trick...

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A sailor has to find his way in every port, right? :p :D

As for French, well, many people use English to show off before their compatriots. Personally, nothing pisses me off than people showing off languages they can't really speak. If they are trying to communicate or learn, that's one thing. But when they try to impress other people with phrases they can't get right... :rolleyes:

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I wasn't trying to show off, I was just trying to make a point... Although I must confess I love showing off. ;)

4. chevalier

Media:
    I wasn't ranting about you. :p Just the people who think they know a language they don't. :p

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Chevalier: Oh. Oh. Are you insinuating something? I mean, sure, it's quite probable that I can't get some of the idioms right...Well at least I've cut down using any french...I guess I owe you my apologies :p

Since this is the relationship rant thread, I'll just input my latest situation:

She just can't take a hint. What is it with people? A girl doesn't even have to draw a picture for me that she doesn't like me, I can figure it out by myself soon enough. But girls? At least his one in particular? I guess "I have to take some distance" isn't clear enough.

If she can't understand the message of what I put in her last mail, then I'll be Frank with her. "Get the picture! I. Don't. Love. You." Because she, and this situation, is really getting on my nerves.

Shame on me for having high hopes. Slap on the wrist. Bad boy. Next time I'll have to be much more careful on who I'm asking out on a date. She likes me since I gave her a wrong impression of myself, and now I'm tired of acting because of a longing to be with somebody every now and then. No more acting Mr. Nice Guy, it's going to be just plain old me from now on and if the girls don't like it, they can stuff it.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Indeed. I tip my hat to that.

You should have been honest in the first place... this case would be closed once and for all.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    *sigh* Yeah, I was far too careful about giving a good impression of myself and before I got to show her my worse qualities she was already starting to talk about wanting a relationship.

The problem was, once again, that we really didn't know each other too well. And she got far too soon all exicted about getting a boyfriend out of me, she seems to be kind of desperate of getting into a relationship, and I seemed to be a suitable candidate. I'm definitely not getting into a relationship on the basis of being desperate. I guess that I was drawn to her as well, but for the wrong reasons. Now that I think about it, she reminds me a lot of my ex. That's probably why I liked her in the first place. All the more reason not to have anything to do with her..

8. Disciple of The Watch

Oh, I hear ya. Been there, done that. The key is not expecting anything.

Amen to that.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My dilemma has started to resolve itself, if only a little. I am not going to be able to have anything with the guy I am in love with so... I am turning into purusuit of the only one of these guys I have a chance of, well, just stand a chance with.

I have the feeling that some of you might tell me it is not very fair towards this guy, to pursue him when I am in love with someone else. I know, and if circumstances with him were different... I would agree. But as things are the way they are, it is not going to be an issue.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Just do what you have to do so that you can be happy. Most of the time we don't get what we want, it shouldn't be a reason to be lonely and shun people we like or people we could have a great time with.

And at the same time it shouldn't be a reason to go out with someone you're not particularly fond of just because this person won't turn you down either.

Unrequited love sucks, but you can't just wait your entire life for something that may or may not happen. If you are truly attracted by this other guy and think he may feel the same way there should be no real problem.

We all have a past. Failed relationships leave scars that never really heal.

Follow your instincts and at the end of the day do what you think is good for you. If you think you're ready to date someone else and maybe get involved with that person (you've got to be pretty sure about that though) then just go for it.

11. chevalier

Media:
    No, in fact not at all. ;) Just people who will e.g. ask you "what?" or "why?" instead of whatever it is in their own language, while being replied in English is the last thing they want. It's sort of fashionable but it's downright silly.

It's not like it's the girl's fault. If you like company from time to time but you don't feel ready for anything more lasting, then you should have been more honest from the beginning. This is not to criticise you per se, but just to prevent you from falling into the trap of putting some easy blame on the girl. Besides, if you already see there's no future with a given girl, there's no point dating her anyway. Can hang out as friends just as well and with fewer complications.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Chevalier: It's definitely not her fault. We didn't know each other that well, so that date's purpose was to get to know each other a little better. Only because of that date I saw what was coming if I would start a relationship with this girl. Since she reminded me too much of my ex, I knew how I would react to her behaviour, the same way as with my ex and no matter how you'd put it, I'd be a mean person. There were quite a few things that were bugging me about her, but those things aren't a fault as such. I just can't stand some things, I know I'm being overly critical and too much so for my own good.

But that's that. She finally got the message. But since I fell out of love, she's far better off without me, as she would be in any case.

I'd feel kind of sorry for any girl who would fall for me..I don't feel sorry for myself, that's not it, I just know that I'm a difficult person. Nothing overly dramatic though, but it means that a girl who'd be too nice would have difficult times ahead if she'd get into a relationship with me, since the dynamics just wouldn't work.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @ Caradhras;

it is not my intention to develope a relationship or "Go out" with this guy.. situation pretty much makes it impossible. But, we can have a bit of fun and comfort in a cold world, and that is all that matters.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Second official Date tonight! Great, I'll invite her over at my place for a romantic dinner. Would be better if my mother wasn't in a Hospital that is... And that I'll cooking, :p

I think I'll earn the « It was nice of you to do all this but the food was... okay I guess »

:D

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Just don't poison her :p

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Well it has gone well, very well I'd say. Surprisingly it was eatable and even good according to her :p

[ November 26, 2006, 20:52: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

17. Disciple of The Watch

Double-meaning alert.

That reminds me of candlelit ramen noodles dinners I had with my ex because none of us can cook something decent... :hahaerr: :hahaerr: :hahaerr: :hahaerr:

Also, my housemate's in PMS, so for the rest of the week, she turned into She-Wolf. Living with a woman is great sometimes, isn't it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Double meaning alert? It *was* good dinner !

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Not really a relationship rant, just a question. I'm one of the "good guy" types of boyfriend in that cheating has never crossed my mind even though several opportunities have presented themselves and having been cheated on once myself (yes, she's still my gf).

I guess I get pretty flirty when I'm drunk, but it's just for that period, I don't "follow it up" or anything the next day and I've always held the view that steadily corresponding with another girl (that's not my gf) who is not a good friend of mine was kinda.. for lack of a better word, "off".

My friends say this is a stupid point of view, and I see their logic, and recently this girl who was my classmate once has messaged me online. She's kinda cute and I am pretty flattered that she's kinda showing signs that she's still into me.

My relationship is going strong and I'm prefectly happy, so is it wrong for me to correspond with this other girl because, uh, I dig the fact that she's into me? :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of leading her on or cheating on my girl, just so you guys know :)

Right, that was kinda ranting, there's a question in there somewhere I'm sure :D some thoughts?

20. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nothing wrong with having a friend, I would say. :) And if you are as strong as you seem you are, the fact that she is in love with you, shouldn't be awkward for you or your girlfriend - since you wouldn't take the opportunity. Just tell her, that you are in a relationship and that you would love for her to be friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.