1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yeah... what the hell. I'll suck it up for two or three hours, no matter how much I'll die inside :p

And Ara, I think it is specifically supposed to be a kippa, so I couldn't walk in with a baseball hat or anything.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Saber: Don't presume there's a need to quarrel while there might be none. If you say not being ready for commitment is not necessarily being immature, that's true and there's no beef. But if you say having short flings and then dumping people and saying you're not ready for long-term is mature, then you probably need sleep more than a quarrel. :p

As for the other matter, a yarmukah is not a religious statement. If I looked carefully, I could find you a picture of myself wearing one. Compare with getting a signed scarf if you're a girl trying to go into a monastery with a big decollete, or a tourist being asked to remove his shoes before entering a mosque. There should be nothing wrong with you wearing a different kind of hat from their point of view, but a yarmukah is still not a religious statement, anyway. If you want a Christian parallel, that would be wearing a hat inside a church.

@Iku-Turso:

Do I know that state. :shake:

And Daie is right. It's just a girl. She's no more supernatural than you are and however marvellous she may be to you, you may as well be to her. ;)

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    OooOoOooOoo...How I wish it would be so! Whee! :roll: :rolling:

High hopes! High hopes! Danger, danger! Walking steadily with my feet off the ground and my head in the clouds! "I'll be off with the sun, and I'm not coming down" Expecting to crash and burn on the big date-day saturday! Mayday! Hope it'll be flames of love that burn me up! :square: :love: :help:

Oh happy, love induced incoherent states of mind! Happy-happy joy-joy! :bigeyes: :banana:

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Not if you are really uncomfortable, Nope and Not really as you are not being asked to convert.

I am having a similar problem. My partners family are bible thumpers (except her parents and a few aunts and uncles) and as I will be there for Thanksgiving, the whole family will be visiting. I dread having to bow my head for grace and Christian sing-alongs.

[ November 16, 2006, 10:37: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I've just joined the single club.

After two and a half years.

I don't think I'll be over it for a long, long time.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yeah, I still say grace every night because my dad wont let me eat if I don't... for him, its not the religious idea, it gathers us together and sends out good wishes (or somesuch).

And Taza, I'm sorry :(

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Okay! Okay! Whay a joy! I mean seriously. There I was this afternoon 'round 18h00 I was sitting with this lass and something magical just happened. We were sitting in the couch in the student room, very very closed to each other. The dialogue went as such

Me: I'm having a nice time with you I won't let you go
    Her: I have to
    Me: But I love you
    Her: So do I

And then we kissed. Next thing I know tomorow night we're going out.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :roll: :rolling: :D :D :D

8. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I am very happy for you, friend :bigeyes: :)

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ah, that sucks bad. Sorry to hear it, Taza.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Aw man, Taza...I hope things will work out for you.

11. chevalier

Media:
    So you both love her. That's a start. :D :shake:

12. Ofelix

Media:
    :lol: that's not what I meant and you know it. It's only because of a bad French to English translation anyway. :p

13. chevalier

Media:
    You mean you said, "je t'aime," and she replied, "moi aussi?" :p :D

14. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Faut pas être aussi taquin Chevalier. :shake:
    Je suis content pour toi Ofelix! :)

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    :lol:
    It's great the way that the jaded and cynical posters tend to end up being the funniest.

Hmm, that's odd. Most people believe that being open is the best way forward in a relationship. Maybe you guys do it differently in France.

Sorry, Ofelix, I just couldn't resist. ;)

I hope things turn out well for you.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I would normally just throw in a jaded cynic comment, but hell, enjoy it while it lasts, Flix.

Okay, here's one rant. As many of you know, I recently moved with a friend of mine.

The part where things get sticky is that this one gal happens to have something for me, and I won't deny I still have a little something for her. There easily could be something... but I'm not sure I feel enough for her to try something that might end up wrecking our friendship.

*sigh* Tough situation, that. Should I... or shouldn't I?

17. Ofelix

Media:
    @ Decados, Chevalier; Well I said « Je t'aime » and she replied « Je t'aime aussi » so yeah innacurate translation, but hey no one said I was good in english anyway

@ Caradhras : Merci bien, tout le monde sais que le français est la langue de l'amour :p

18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    It's D-Day. Apocalypse. Date-Day. Armageddon. Self-Destruct in 2 hours 22 minutes...

19. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Still 7 minutes or so to go.... Good luck Iko.

DoTW: I think you said it all. Unless you really believe you won't break her heart or wreck your friendship you'd better not do it. Good luck to you as well.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Thanks Caradhras.

Well...now it's over. The date...certainly gave me a lot to think about.

I'm torn.

She's still a wonderful person. I might be in love with her, but...

There's no other foreseeable consequence. I'd make her miserable. I'm such a fascist that in a relationship with her I couldn't be without trying to impose my will on her. She'd have to change the way she lives and to ask that would be too much.

My ideals are too high. I'm definitely not ready for a relationship. I hope she could be my friend. The situation's pretty awful.

Certainly an educational experience. She'd deserve a nicer person than I could possibly be. Hopefully she'd come to realize that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.