1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Real magic?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dump someone because of the book?
    What kinda girl would that be?
    Ignorant or stone-age?
    Or you ment dump as inquisition's "burn 'im alive!"

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I assume that you have read the topic. Yes? Good! then let me refresh your minds alittle here. My ex-girlfriend is a wiccan! She has some 100 page book of shadows thing! I have a small book with 6 spells. And here you are coming up with silly little comments on how that it is no wonder that i was dumped over some book? Get a grip! And its plain as daylight that having a magic book doesn't affect our relationships with other people. She's had a few lads after me as i have with girls after her.

Maybe its time that you actually opened your eyes and blink for once against the sunlight of truth and reality! :mad: :flaming: :mad:

3. That is just *shallow*. I would never dump a guy just because he picked his nose(in fact, if he did that, I would've never started off with him anyways, but that's beside the point) But anyways... 6 spells? Not enough. Get some more.

4. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] ...and back we go to the Real World, where reality reigns king over all creation...

5. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh No! Sniper's mad! Beware! Beware!

/me casts protection from Sniper out of 8 1/2 x 11 spiral binder spellbook..

6. Kahen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Buff me!

7. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Why are you goin mad with that...

Just say that you don't think that magic exist and that's it, you need to say no more... come on...

Personally, I don't believe that magic and god exist but it's his choice to believe in it. Say what you think and that's it. no need to make fun with that.

We're not 10 years old people, we can talk about something without attack anyone... no?

Chris

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

I agree with Chris. This is an old thread, why was it even brought up?

On a side note: I believe in God, and right in the Bible it says there was a practicing sorcerer, so that kinda tells me that I should believe in magic too.

(P.S. don't turn this into a religious debate, these are my opinions, and this thread is not centering on the rights and wrongs of the human morale system.)

9. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

You're right, of course. We wouldn't want anything like *humor* sneaking into our sober boards, would we? :rolleyes:

10. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Perhaps I am wrong, but Sniper's last post didn't seem that...what's the word? Oh yeah, entertained. The thing about humour is that people have to find the situation funny.

Maybe I'm out of line in this instance, but I don't think that egging someone on is that humorous.

11. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] You're right, Gonzago! Blast these infidels who dare to oppose the holy, sacred and pure with their "jokes," "sarcasm," and "playful comments..."

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Gonzago, grow up.
    If you have nothing intelligent, let alone relevant to say, then do not post here. I intended this topic to be discussing issues based on magic and not on my habits/beliefs and how it would affect a girl.

And as for this board being sober with no humour, get a damn grip! There are plenty of other 'not-so-serious' topics that you could go and spend your time at.

So why don't you just go to these 'lighter' topics and become a disturbance there? Of course, if you want to contribute something meaningful, relevant and useful to this topic then go ahead and feel free. But until you actually start respecting other people's views and beliefs, i suggest you keep your trap shut and go bother someone else! :mad:

EDIT:
    That applies to you too SlimShogun :shame:

Anyway, back to the original topic. Please state your views on whether you believe in real magic and maybe why...

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited June 12, 2002).]

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Real magic? And this is a serious topic? Oh, brother...

So to answer: no I do not believe in it or rather more precisely I do not believe it exists. However, I'm not quite sure what is defined as magic here. If you mean putting a curse on someone then definitely no. Hypnosis, also no. However, things like people walking over hot coals, or lying on a bed of nails - I'm not so sure about...

:yot: She dumped you coz your spellbook was too small? Eh, the girls today... :toofar:

14. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] HAHAHAH..."Spell Book."

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

You've got a spell book that you use and expect to work, and you're telling *me* to get a grip?

That's rich.

And I am grown up, thank you very much. As soon as you work out that human problems like girls and bills and babies can't be solved by pentagrams, candlelight chants and refusing to say "Cthulu" (lest we invoke the beast), then you'll be grown up too.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Gonzago, if you are a grown up then act like one.

Vukodlak, can you just quit it with the whole girl thing. The topic isn't intended to talk about my personal life anymore. I initially created it to talk about 'Real magic' :yot:

That was the opening sentence. And that is what i want the topic to be about and not my damn personal life! What happened back in November 2000 is over! kaput! I just want this topic to be about what people think of the issue of real magic and if they belive in it, how do they use it.

Now enough of this! Lets get back on topic!

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited June 12, 2002).]

17. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What sort of *snicker* magic *giggle* do you talk about? Tossing fireballs around in the streets (All those guys that exist are probably stored somewhere by the FBI. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!), or some creepy Marie Laveau thingie accompanied by all the weird rituals and do-hickeys? Or some sort of force/psionics? (You have no idea of the power of the dark side... *hoo-kssh* *hoo-kssh*)

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

This is just pathetic. Thankyou for ruining a topic.

Taluntain please close the topic ... i'll start up a new one again sometime.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That's enough. I've seen enough that is verging on insulting (or at least mocking) to close the topic. Shame on your Gonzago and SlimShogun. One thing is to express your opinion, but this went way beyond it.

:nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.