1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Real magic?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

OK you guys have some nice arguments and stuff but i think you have to much sparetime.

BTW is it just me or does Evil sniper (weird) sound like somthing from Diablo II or is it just me?

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I always picture him as Baal in the cloak when he talks to the Marius i think his name is...

3. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Yes, you ARE spending too much time here.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] I know...its pretty sad :( ...i ought to spend more time with the guitar...

5. Sol'Kanar Guest

Guitars.....blunt heavy objects....paladin heads....

6. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Ay laddo, but have ye forgotten that yon paladins got steel caps on their 'eads?

Anywho, I have a friend who can play "Yankee-Doodle" and "Dixie" at the same time on one guitar. Everyone has their special little gifts I guess. Personally, the only thing that I can really play is the radio. And the kazoo, but not as well.

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Blunt yes, but hollow mine is...acoustic...

8. Sol'Kanar Guest

Hmmm. Well it seems you are in luck! Most paladin's heads are hollow as well! That may explain the hollow noise their heads make when hit with the guitar. And you thought that sound was just their helm...

9. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

OMG you guys can't be serious about this... please for the love of anything tell me this can't be... otherwise there will be blood shooting out my temples by the time I'm done arguing this foolishness... and I'd rather not have that happen. :)

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Come sisters, let us consult the book of shadows!

11. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why are you people trying to use magic to solve your problems? Well, that is if you people can accually use it. I don't believe in magic, I believe in one God our Father who created everything. I don't mean to try and barge in, trying to convert you all, but that's what I believe. Oh, and by the way, it says in the Bible that those who believe in magic will NOT enter the Kindom of Heaven. But if you want to continue to believe in it, that's your choice. Sorry if I appeared a little rude, but this stuff bothers me. Just wanted to express my opinon. I mean, that's what these boards are for.

Sniper, how did you post three replys in a row on the first page?

Alex, I know exactly what you mean. I could say much more, but I think I've been rude enough. Sorry again for objecting to your.....well.....beliefs.

[This message has been edited by Rolsuk Fryulee (edited June 09, 2002).]

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Rolsuk Fryulee, look at the date that this thread was posted at originally - well over a year ago. At that time, it was possible to post repeatedly like Sniper did in a topic.

13. ... Until annoying people started abusing it. Besides, no religious offense intent, if there wasn't magic, how could God create everything? I personnally don't believe in God, but if that's what you believe in, that's alright.

Of course I don't believe in magic. I believe in fake sorcery that never works no matter how promising those copyrighted witch books say.

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

*Looks up and notices the past that he had relinquished, staring him in the face ... Others had revived his memories*

Yeah, that was me back then ... i was well ... really into that girl ... we are nothing more than good friends now ... though we did get back together for 4 months after the topic was last used (January 2001)

Anyway, for me, i have progressed and yes i still believe in magic etc. but i don't use it anymore ... though i still have my spell book ... totaled to about 6 spells in the end if i am correct... anyway, the most active form of magic in my life is that of what lies in my imagination from when i go play dungeons and dragons and the like ...

15. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Six spells? Get a few more and you'll qualify for a second level wizard. You'll gain another hit die, too. And possibly better saves, in case someone puts an eeeevil curse on you.

Hmm, I find it odd to wonder about how god could create a world without magic, then saying there is no magic. Contradicting yourself? Anyway, I'd see him as 'shaping reality', not 'magicking up a few planets and stuff'.

16. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

When there is so much that we can do -- when, sitting here in our modern industrialized countries, each one of us has almost limitless power to reinvent ourselves and change our lives -- to learn anything, to go anywhere, to enjoy a freedom of action and social mobility unequalled in history -- WHY do any of you need magic, or God, for that matter, to give you a sense of power? WHY cannot people take *reality* on a WYSIWYG basis? The physical world -- that is, the only world there is -- is full of wonders surpassing anything the Apostle Paul or Gary Gygax could think of.

Not the least of wonders -- the human mind.

17. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If I were a chick, and I'm not, incidentally...but if I were, and I found out you had a spellbook, I'd have dumped you too.

18. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] As would I. I'm pretty sure that kind of stuff would freak out any girl...

19. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It would certainly make the needle jump on the Dork-o-meter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.