1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC - Shia: A long forgotten tale.

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lokken, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Yes, sir. I'll see it done immediately." Dartwicked bowed and left the room. As Ricardo sat pondering a bit on his competitors ways of trying to put him out of business, Dartwick returned with the information about the lost expedition in Karthad. As of yet, no one had officially returned.

Outside the sun went down as Zedd held a minor lecture of warding against magical attacks that he found information of in the book.
    The Maewar protected us with magic, forged wonders with magic, and protected us from magic. To understand magic, we need to live with it, feel it, and be able to bend it. Some say that magic is as powerful as the mind, others say not.
    Rebuking magic is possible, but difficult. Interrupting magic on the other hand is very easy. Disrupting the casters focus of mind for just a brief moment will make the spell fizzle. Rebuking is explained in Magi Mastering for 7th order mages or excellent students of 6th order.
    Warding against a magical effect is simple, but rarely done. Drinking from the well of secrets should make you completely immune to magic.
    Protective spells exist as well, but alas, since the great cataclysm they have been restrained to certain locations of the world.

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Hm," Dr. Raegan says, "could you go on? This is very intruiging."

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Some creatures have natural protection against magic, and most likely Zaykonian alchemists dabble in figuring out how with their ways disregarding life. However, I've been told of strange diseases that would make you resistent to some aspects of the magical arts as magic alone can range from natural disasters to the allurement of the mind.
    Some concepts that I yet have to understand, helps in reality, although lacks proper reason in theory. It is said that certain rare flowers once held, would make you immune to most spells. Here is a list.

Nightrose
    Ghostlily
    Aurora (which must have had its first flight in the moonlight)

Most important on most spells, would be the power of the mind. Have a strong will, and you can usually bend magic from you without harm.
    Different potions that I've heard of, should help as well, though seeking out an alchemist for such would be worthwhile. Potions change all the time.

The night presses on, as the student and professor exchange information. His mind and memories being revitalized by the ambition and eagerness of Zedd's questions.

Ricardo studies the different papers and notes that Dartwick brought him, and as he sits bend in thought he hears a knocking on the door. Looking up, he sees the face of an old friend. Peeking in, the emerald eyes dart around the room, only to see him sitting behind his desk in papers.
    "Hey there! Been a long time my friend, how is my favorite gambler of the world?"
    Mariah enters the room in all her splendor, a zephyr cloak matching her blonde hair, making her seem almost like a spirit of the wind as she spins around in an invitation to dance. She smiles as she notices the papers, "I hope I'm not interrupting, but Dartwick said it'd be ok, and that certainly looks a tad boring. Fresh for a spin?"
    She makes a daring smile and winks at Ricardo.

[ April 21, 2003, 11:33: Message edited by: Lokken ]

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ricardo looks up from his papers, somewhat startled, "Mariah," he exclaims, " I...I mean to say, I wasn't expecting guests - what brings you here? Not that your visit is unwelcome....far from it - would you care for a drink? I've just got a case of the most exquisite brandy...." He gestures for Mariah to take a seat and rings for Dartwick. As he waits he sets the assorted papers to one side, "You certainly are correct, " he says, waving a sheaf, "Lately it seems business has all of the risks of the dice, yet none of the thrill. However, I have recieved a most interesting proposal today...I hear you have seen many lands - tell me, what do you know of Karthad?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.