1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RBP History!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Felinoid, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

<_<
    >_>
    0_0
    /me sees Ofelix eyeing a scantily clad marilith
    Back off boy, that one's mine. :p You might try 8people, but I think she's got something with Aikanaro; you may have to fight for her. ;)

No luck on #55; I've gotta get some stuff ready before I leave for the weekend. So long, suckers! :outta:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ofelix, the Prince of Spam. Heh. Congrats, dude. Does that mean we'll have to assist a Spam Wedding soon? Count on me to bring some vintage alcohol. Count on my father to bring vintage cigars :p

Hey, Big Cat, is every male Spammer on the list entitled to choose a Lady of Spam ? (with the consentement of the said Lady, of course)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm doing my best to get past HB. I think he got a really good ISP and that's why he's posting so much. Either that, or he's hogging up comp time at work like everyone else. :p

EDIT: :yot: I went through Random Metal Babbling to find out how bad Undertaker is there: 74 posts, a good 25.6%. DotW, in comparison, has: 43, 14.8%.

[ January 14, 2006, 04:01: Message edited by: kuemper ]

4. Felinoid

@DotW:
    Um, no. Really it's the ladies who should be choosing since there's less of them than there are of us. But mostly it has to do with the tallies. Aik and 8 keep their counts so close together that it seems like there's something going on, and kuemp and I have been in cahoots for a while now. And of course Ara and chev are the Queen and King of SPAM by sheer volume. :D But if you can find somebody...whatever.

@kuemper:
    *sniff sniff* I do believe I smell a Music Babbling History thread coming on, if you've a mind to make one. :hmm: T'would be much simpler to keep track of it from the get-go than to have to go back years some day. Think about it. :)

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@Fel: well it would be easy cause there still is ONE Random Metal Babbling :p

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Didn't want to her to be my princess anyway the Spam Jedi fued is to fresh in my memory! :rolleyes: :D

7. Disciple of The Watch

Well, now that she's back in black, and if she gives her approval, I choose shadow lurker as my Spam Princess, even though she isn't in the Spammer Hall of Fame.

:banana:

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I see that I have fallen to 9th on the RBP list but will soon by down to 11th, you bunch of dirty spammers.

9. Felinoid

Okay, this has gone on long enough. HB, you are one of the worst spammers I have ever seen; worse than even Ara. All this thread counts is posts in the RB, where most of us actually have something to say. But you never do. All you do is respond to other people's posts and then complain that the RB has gotten too chatty.

If we were to count actual SPAM (in all threads, not just the RBs), your number would likely be around 4K by now. ;) But not even I have the kind of time it would require to look at every thread in the archives to find your posts that added absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, most of the rest of us would have our numbers actually decrease since most of our RB posts wouldn't count.

That said (in jest, of course :D ), you're at number 9 and have been there for a while. In fact, you almost made it back up to 8 when you bypassed Lai, but DotW blasted up past both of you. And seeing as you've been posting twice as much as me in the RB lately (and certainly more than Lai), you're not likely to be pushed down to double-digits too soon. :p

Especially seeing as the count is now current! :banana:

10. Disciple of The Watch

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really spam *THAT* much?!?

TAKE THAT, Harbs!

11. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm...interesting, I probably have about 5 posts in RB :D I don't spam much...honest :p

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Magic turtles are busy doing ...magic... things. :grin: BTW, lemme rub your shell for a second...

Dear Mystra (the goddess, not #sorcerer bartender),

I would like a rocket and a kitten and an ISP outage for DotW.
    ;)

I'm doing other things that take away from RBP posting.

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have one third of DotW's spam, and he's been here one third the time I have :lol:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Somebody has to do the responding, so people know that the 'something' they 'actually' have to say, is 'actually' being read by someone.

And I'm not complaining that the RB has got too 'chatty', more that it is full of rubbish that seems to get spewed out at an astonishing rate - which prompted Tal's 'bloody spammers' warning at the start of the last RBP.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Now, now, kuemp, this isn't a competition. I don't really mind about my position in the Spammer Hall of Fame, to be honest.

But your wish will be granted, as I am switching ISPs next month, and I might be MIA for a while. We'll see what happens.

16. Saber

I have some free time on my hands, would you guys like me to whip out some Metal Babbling post counts? Or should I wait until the end of the first one? Or does Fel want to do it?

17. Felinoid

@Saber:
    Feel free; I'm certainly not going to do it. :heh: And how you do it is of course your business. It doesn't matter if you do it thread-by-thread, page-by-page, post-by-post, or even every 13 posts or something silly like that. Accuracy is the only thing you have to answer for, so everything else is your choice, including appointing a successor should you be unable or unwilling to continue.

The one piece of advice I will give you is to name it similarly (MBP History), so that anyone looking for the full series can find them all easily. I fully expect to start up an SBP (Sports) History should the original SBP thread ever close. :grin:

18. Saber

Right, I'll figure something out. RMP doesn't move as quickly, so I'll probably count every 5 or 10 pages. I'll start whipping out some numbers in another thread shortly. Should I open the thread in Sorcerous Sundries, or in the Sensorium?

19. Felinoid

SS, I'd say. After all, it is meant to record the history of the site and its members, not the bands...right? ;) And didn't you see what I said about MBP? It's hardly random if there's a subject.

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Thanks Fel it's not as bad as I thought only about 30% spam but 7% per board :mommy:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.