1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RBP History!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Felinoid, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Woot Does this mean I'm in direct lineage for Ruleship of Spam? Wow Me? A prince of Spam! Woot!

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Enough. We have one and only one thread for babbling.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@BTA:
    Does that apply to my post as well? I just want to know if I went too far. :o
    (Answered in PM. :) )

@Daie:
    You want in? Dalveen is already slated for run-through 8, but I need a second member to make it worth the time spent. :)

[ April 20, 2006, 00:19: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Hey Fel, could you do me? I've not got many posts in the RB (compared to some) but I'd be interested to know how much I've spammed. If you need someone else to make it worth bothering, then I'd be more than happy to oblige. Not that I'm actually doing owt, but whatever. :)

Cheers, puddy-tat! :thumb:

5. Felinoid

Okay, we've got Daie (answered in PM), Dalveen, and Magpie in run-through 8. I'll get it started after #67 ends.

I'm also going to be dropping Ragusa from the list if he doesn't post at least once anywhere on the boards in the next month. Keeping the static low stat up there for someone who likely doesn't care anymore (if he ever did in the first place, since I put him on myself) just doesn't make any sense to me.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    I'm eager to see the results, and I assume that I shall also make the 8th run eh ye old Cat-man?

7. Felinoid

@Ofelix:
    *sigh* This is probably the third time I've had to tell you, but I'll say it all again: You are already on the list. You will not magically disappear from the list so long as you remain active. People on the list have their counts updated every time I tally an RBP, which is completely separate from the run-throughs; run-throughs are only to count for people I add to the list, in RBP threads that I've already counted for everyone else. You can check on your status by looking at the third post on the first page. Anything else you need to know?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

DAMN! 970! So close!

Next RBP, then.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Whoa. I wonder how much spam I added in that last one

10. Felinoid

Won't know for a while, I'm afraid. Tallying RBP #68 (and #69 & any after) will have to wait until I've finished the run-through. That's how it goes, simply because I don't see the point in tallying a thread twice (if I did 68 now, I'd just have to do it again when the run-through got to it).

P.S. FYI, your first appearance in the RBP was in #11.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Well, Big Cat, am I now truly a Prince of Spam?

12. Felinoid

Actually, DotW, that's been nixxed. The Lord and Lady thing too. Too much glorification of SPAM. I'll never stop considering Ara the Queen, of course, but the rest of the titles go. If you really must, follow the guidelines I set out before, but I won't support it, and I wouldn't go spouting it too much or you'll likely face ridicule. ;) So has it been written, so shall it be done.

EDIT:
    Also see my post above for the reason why I haven't updated your count. You're likely over 1000 by now, but I don't really know for sure. Nor will I for a while.

I'm not really sure why you'd want to be a Prince of SPAM anyway. It sounds like the kind of thing that would come with a plaque. :shake:

[ May 05, 2006, 07:32: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Errr... :hahaerr:

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey, Fel...have you stopped doing RBP counts? Back on May 4th, you said that you were currently tallying #68, but at this point in time, we're on RBP #73.

Ive made almost 300 more posts since you last counted my total RBP posts, and if at all possible, I'd like an update. :D

I understand the whole "glorification of SPAM" thing, but does that mean that you're not going to be doing any more counts? :bad: :rolling:

15. Felinoid

I'm still doing the counts, and you're missing a couple things. First, it was #67, not #68. Second, you're missing that I was doing a run-through; which took me a bit more time than usual because I was doing it only occasionally. But right now I've got the counts for Dalveen, Daie, Nakia, and Magpie up to not only #67, but also everyone up to #68.

In short, I'm currently working on getting caught up after the necessary run-through delay, and I'll post when it's up to date. Until then, you can see when I've last worked on it just by looking at the edit date for the third post in the thread.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Oh? I thought you were abandoning the counts, Big Cat. Well, good to see I'm finally past the thousand now. To think that not even a year ago, I was but a noob spammer... ahh, it brings a tear to my eye.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Heh, I'm catching Tal up...

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Ta, Fel! :thumb:

I feel that 351 RBP posts out of a total of 1700+ is an acceptable level of spammage, at ~20%.

God, I love pointless stats. :D

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Keep up the good work, Felinoid.

20. Disciple of The Watch

My first SP anniversary is coming soon...

And I outdid myself - nearly 300 posts more than what I predicted. Ahhh, it brings a tear to my eye. To think that a year ago I was but a noob spammer...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.