1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp had just gotten all his clothes back on.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Gesed wailed, bolting up into a sitting position. Sepp rushed over to him and hugged him.

"It's okay, Gesed. I'm here. We're in the tavern in Iceborn. You're safe."

"No, Sepp, it's not okay. You might think that cutting my feet off was the worst thing they did to me, but it wasn't." Gesed said.

"What could be worse than that?" Sepp asked.

"You don't want to know Sepp, you don't want to know. They had all the people in their horrible group come down and do bad things to me, just so they could all claim part of the victory when they got this Earth's Heart thing." Gesed shivered, then grabbed the back of Sepp's neck with tremendous force. "Sepp, I'd do it myself, but without my feet that'd be pretty hard. I want you to promise me that you will find and kill all of those bad people. For Ma, for Pa, for Drell, and for me. Promise me Sepp!" His eyes were burning into Sepp's.

"I...I promise you that Gesed. Even if it means my life. I promise." Sepp vowed.

"Thank you, little brother, now I can..." Gesed fell back onto the bed, absolutely exhausted, in a few seconds he was breathing easily.

Sepp felt tears rolling down his face. He looked at the door so Nakia wouldn't see. "I cleaned and heated the water for you, Nakia. I'm going to go eat some hot food. Enjoy your bath."

He quickly got up and left the room.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex had found someone who could identify the rings and other items that they had gathered from the Fellowship. Most of them were useless but one was a ring of regeneration. He'd give it to Gesed and see if it helped with his feet.

He sold the others for a fair amount of gold and decided he'd split it with the others. He didn't need gold all that much.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Seeing that Sepp wished to alone for awhile, Nakia arranged for someone to keep watch over Sepp and went out to replenish her own supplies. She was a able to get bullets for her and Sepp and various herbs including a plant poison.

Returning to the Inn she found Sepp sitting at a table nibbling at some food and drink.

"Sepp, I got us some bullets for our slings. Also, some plant poison for our swords and daggers. It seemed to have some effect on the snake people. I heard lots of rumors about the fort. Everything from 10 foot tall snakes to a dragon. It seems to be located in a westerly direction. Hope Atten knows more. We need someone who knows where it is. Waste of time and supplies to wander around aimlessly."

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae had tailed a small group of robed humans, curious as to why they would be following the larger group. They had left the keep (which Delphinae had staked out) shortly after the larger group.

Scouting to see what was up ahead, she found the larger group decimated, with tracks heading to a road, and from there to a nearby town. Two long, continuous tracks indicated that at least one member of the surviving party had to be carried back on a stretcher. Quickly hiding the trail to slow down the small group, Delphinae started swiftly down the road to see who had inadvertantly joined her quest.

Arriving at the town, she saw a hooded stranger with blood on his armor. Thinking he might have the answers she sought, Delphinae strode up to him silently and whispered, "It seems you have recently returned from battle. Might I inquire who you were doing battle with?"

5. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex stared at the stranger. She was human and was skilled. He had seen glimpses of her following the group back to town. "We fought a group of cultists from a sect called the Fellowship of the Serpent."

His hands were resting on the hilts of his scimitars, just in case this encounter got bloody. "Who are you, and why are asking about my fight?"

6. Felinoid

"I am the one who found the remains of your fight, and I was curious as to who would be powerful enough to take down all those ... abominations." Delphinae spits on the ground as she speaks the last word, then eyes the stranger's weapons. "Tell me, how did you inflict all those small circular wounds?" Her eyes narrow. "Are you a mage, by any chance?"

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

"The small circular wounds would have been inflicted by either Nakia or Sepp the halflings. They were useing slings, Sepp has some druidic powers and he commanded the thorns to kill the snakes, that might of also caused similar wounds. The wounds I caused were slashing and stabbing. I am not a mage." Jex answered "What do you have against the Fellowship to speak of them with such animosity?"

8. Felinoid

Delphinae snarled, "They are evil perversions of nature! Is that not enough?!" Quickly recovering from her outburst, she turned and slowly walked away a few steps, still talking loud enough for the stranger to hear her. "I am disappointed. I had hoped that I would find a fellow in my quest, but instead I find a group of amateurs."

Pivoting on one foot, she again looked directly at the hooded one. "You are all in danger, even in this town. The Fellowship will likely not take the slaughter of their members lightly. Where are the others you mentioned?"

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp had found a nice secluded spot just outside the tavern, between it and another building. He had his shortsword and dagger out, and was fighting his shadow on the wall. Pa had taught him the basics of fighting with two weapons, and it seemed simple enough, but when he was in actual battle, it turned out to be fairly hard. He could mostly just manage to thrust with one blade, then thrust with the second, or maybe parry. But he wasn't using them as one weapon, the way he had seen Jex use both his scimitars together as a unit. He kept practicing swinging them together, high-high attack, high-low attack, high attack low feint. He knew that compared to Jex, he looked like a child learning how to walk, but he did feel like he was using his weapons better than before. Maybe Jex would give him some pointers. His shadow looked a little bit like a snake, and he thrust both his blades into the ground up to their hilts.

"DIE EVIL SNAKE PERSON!!" he screamed triumphantly.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten went to visit his usual trading contacts to sell the forest herbs that he collected and dried. His aim was to use the money to purchase some metal tools. This was pretty much the only thing that he needed to come into town for because just about everything else he needed he could obtain from the forest itself.

As he returned, he found Jex involved in a loud discussion with a stranger.

"Oh dear, what is going on now?"

11. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Amateur? I've been fighting on the road for the past 30 years. I've forgotten more about fighting that you'll ever know. Typical human, thinking she knows more about everything than someone else. Yaun ti are not a perversion, they are as natural as you or I. The humans are misguided. Their intentions are evil though." Dropping his hood and revealing his drow nature, he stared hard at Delphinae, "Are you going to call me a perversion now too, because I'm not a pure blood human?"

12. Scot

Sepp had surprised himself with his outburst. He had gotten a little worked up with his exercises, and imagined he was really fighting the snake people. He looked around the village to see if anybody was laughing at him, but nobody had seemed to notice. He saw Jex and Atten talking to a dark skinned lady. Maybe she was Jex's sister. He sheathed his weapons and walked over to them.

"Hi Jex, hi Atten. Gesed's feeling better now. We've got a nice tub of water in a room if you guys want to take a bath. Who's this person?"

13. Felinoid

Delphinae's eyes grew large at the sight of the stranger's pointed ears, and she quickly backed away. "You're an elf?! I lived with elves for twenty years, and never met one whose skin was dark. What kind of demon are you?"

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia wandered out of the Inn and looked around. She saw Jex, Atten and Sepp talking to a dark skinned woman so went over to join the group. She heard Delphnae's remark.

She answers the woman's question very matter-of-factly:

"He is a friend of mine, lady. Do you know what I am? Prehaps we could continue this talk in private. And Jex an Atten need to clean up."

Turning to Sepp she says, "I had fresh water brought but it probably needs heating."

Turning back to the others, "Well shall we share with all our talk or go were we be private?"

15. Felinoid

"Very well, little one. You seem to be a good sort, so I will trust your judgement on this matter. My name is Delphinae, or Del if you prefer. Are you the Nakia that this one spoke of?"

16. Nakia

Media:
    "Aye, I be Nakia.

She smiles at Del and pointing to the others in turn, "This be Jex, a right good warrior, Atten, a magic user most handy to have around and Sepp, a very amazing halfling.

Sepp's brother Gesed is in a room in the Inn badly injured but I think he should be included in any talk we have. There's room enough for a short stay and then Jex and Atten can get clean."

17. Felinoid

"That seems a good idea, provided we have time. I covered your tracks to slow down the Fellowship, but I doubt that they will be confused by that for too long. You must be prepared to defend yourselves, should they catch up." Del squints at the no longer smiling halfling thoughtfully. "You did know there was a second group following the first, did you not?"

18. Scot

"Are they Fellowship of the Serpent people too? If so, that's great, we can kill more of them. I just promised my brother to hunt down and kill them all. If they come to us, that makes it all the more easier. But Nakia's right, let's go back to the room." Seeing Black lying in the shade by the tavern he called to him. "Come here, Black. Del, this is my dog, uh, I mean my uncle, Black. Well, it's a long story, but he knows firsthand about those fellowship people too. I think we'll all have a little bit to tell."

Sepp lead the group up to the tavern room and introduced Gesed, who was up resting on his elbows, looking at the wall. Sepp quickly told the newcomer all that had happened to him, his family, and his new friends since that day not so long ago when he had come home to a burning welcome.

[ July 13, 2005, 19:58: Message edited by: Scot ]

19. Felinoid

"That is indeed a long and sad story. I will be happy to aid you however I can," said Delphinae, with a long, sweeping bow.

Turning and bowing also to the prone Gesed, she continued, "Good Gesed, my full name is Delphinae Ursallo [pronounced Ur-SAI-o], and I have made it my mission to rid the Realms of the evil that the Fellowship represents. You may have no fear that any of them shall escape a most swift and merciless punishment for the wrongs that they have committed."

20. Scot

Gesed bowed in return, as well as he could from a bed. "I thank you, Delphinae. I'd like to help, but I'm afraid I won't be that much of a help. I do have some information that might come in handy. When they took me in and out of the fort, I was either unconscious or had a bag over my head, but inside, I could see. They kept me in a very large, domed, underground cavern, with many passages leading into it. Most of them went upwards, but three went down, judging by the smell of the air that came from them. There were quite a few people there, maybe even a hundred or so. And there were some weird, almost dead, stinky people shambling around too. They really scared me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.