1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As long as we get Stone back to the earth. :) If we don't I'm turning into a silkie.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I meant in terms of the Rp as a whole, who controls wat happens, who do I speak to about side quests etc.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@Daie:
    If you want to make absolutely sure that your side quest isn't going to interfere with the storyline, you should PM Scot. But unless you're going to introduce an entire different storyline, I wouldn't worry about it. :) Just go ahead and introduce your side-quest via NPCs or something, the way EI did with Huiy'Trej and the assassins. We all share part of the control, since every post in the RP becomes a new truth, no matter how outlandish.

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I need suggestions on what to do.. with the assassins..

And we need to get the Earth's heart done!

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, please everyone feel free to add to the story as you see fit. That's what makes RPing here different and imo better than just making up your own story. Once we get the Earth's Heart back, Sepp's quests will be complete, and he will feel honor bound to assist everyone who helped him in his quests finish their quests.

Elwithral, I suggest we finish off this group of assassins that are currently attacking us quickly, but leave something mysterious out there, like we can't get any good information out of them as to who they are or whatever, till later.

6. Daie d'Malkin

OKay, if itsokay I might introduce my side quest soon. Keep yer eyes peeled for a Sunite shrine

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can everyone remind me of at least one WEAKNESS that each of your characters has? Most of your strengths are obvious but it's the flaws that make them interesting.

Atten's weaknesses are his narrow-minded focus on the Living force and his impatience with people who aren't in tune with it. In our world, he would be an environmental activist who would stop the building of power plant that would provide power to millions of people just because a rare bird nested in the area. His other weaknesses are his general lack of strength and fighting skills. Compared to the others, he is not much use with either melee or ranged weapons. He is certainly not a "fighter" druid.

8. Felinoid

Delphinae's Weaknesses:
    Far too quick to judge others, and her low INT means she won't be coming up with many bright ideas for the group. (Hard to RP for someone as creative as me, but worth the challenge. ;) ) And while she may be an expert at ranged combat, her close combat skills are somewhat lacking.

Sepp's obvious weakness is his inexperience (low level), and Maron's obvious weakness is her claustrophobia. (Alexi's weakness seems to be unconsciousness. :lol: ) Past those, I think I'll let the others speak for themselves.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex is to willingly to fight. Even if the odds are a million to one he will try to fight. He doesn't trust easily, and that with his willingness to fight leads to conflict when he meets someone new.

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos and Kelvados share the quality of being over zealous and over confident in their fighting prowess.

Individually, Delinos' main weakness is his spell casting. Not the ability or power, but he watches what happens, like someone playing volleyball, and passing the ball, and not getting ready for it coming back, they just watch where it goes like, 'Wow, look at that *sigh*'. So he is weakest after a spell. Also, he is weak to light (drowness), but more so than other drow.

Kelvados' weakness is his way of being treated. He is very easily hurt by words, and his self-confidence is lowered greatly. The other thing is his discrimination to non-Drow. He may not show it, but the person may want to watch out for curses behind their back. He doesn't trust people right away, neither does Delinos, but Delinos is more acceptable of people.

11. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes to what Felinoid said on Sepp's weakness, low level. After all of our adventures, he's probably had a few + bings for level ups. I've tried to roleplay them with him asking Atten about different spells or Jex about dual weilding. When he was shadow fighting in the alley back in Iceborn was one time I was trying to show him leveling up, and with his Ma using his body to weild powerful magic so much, some of it has stuck in his memory and transfered to his own skills. So I think maybe now he might be around level 4 or 5.

Another weakness is his naivete. For example, though you've all told him that a mind flayer is a horrible monster, he has no real concept of the real terror that they are. Plus, he is still probably too trustful of strangers.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia has the halfling weakness of not looking at the broad picture. Although having adventured for a while is better at it than before. She lives pretty much for the day. She can plan a heist for days/weeks etc. if she thinks the loot is worth it. As Sepp realized she likes gold a lot. Not for its own sake but for what it can do for her and her family.

She doesn't see as well in sunlight as in semi-dark. Of course her size limits her fighting abilities. She has no magic talents except if you consider the innate abilities magical. She considers them natural.

She is friendly but doesn't care for humans except for a few. Mostly, if not all, ones she has adventured with.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What a motley bunch. Who is the brains of this outfit? We all seem to have some sort of personality / intelligence defect.

14. Nakia

Media:
    Well, we are only human...er I mean mortal. Without a few failings we would be demi-gods. :p

Besides you asked; we answered. It is a rather interesting group.

15. Felinoid

No. :hahaerr: If pressured, I'd guess Delinos (as a mage, he ought to have a high INT), but it seems to me that we're just a party of bumblers. And we all know how severely bumbling adventurers can screw up an evil plan. :D

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

We all have our strengths though as well, and they make up fpr the weakness. Jex for example is an excellent fighter, so when does get into a fight, he can usually handle himself.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Maron's weakness would probably be her claustrophobia (sp?)

Her INT is pretty good, it's about 15.

STR:13
    DEX:17
    CON:11
    INT:15
    WIS:17
    CHA:16

Roughly that, I never did bother to give her stats, but I think thats it.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos and Kelvados' stats are as follows:

DDV

STR ~ 16
    DEX ~ 18
    CON ~ 17
    INT ~ 19
    WIS ~ 15
    CHA ~ 6

KDV

STR ~ 18
    DEX ~ 17
    CON ~ 19
    INT ~ 14
    WIS ~ 15
    CHA ~ 4

19. Scot

Now that we're all engage fighting this thing, we should all know some info that I PMed to Daie when she asked for details:

It's an evil water elemental, not a prince, but quite powerful. For the past eon or so it's been imprisoned in the earth, but with the weakening of the earth it has been able to escape. It doesn't want the earth to regain its Heart, because then it might be trapped again. It is full of ice shards, which it will probably throw at you and use as slashing/piercing weapons. It looks like a bunch of dark water, but can take water form it desires. It can't fly. It was imprisoned before the drow were driven underground, so it doesn't know about the differences in powers between surface elves and drow.

20. Nakia

Media:
    Since this is Atten's quest I think we should take it easy posting until Harbourboy has a chance to add a post. That blasted time difference. I think it is about noonish his time...tomarrow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.