1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen OOC - 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now we have a bit of a problem. Mauro wants to get everyone together for the end of his quest which I think would be a good idea because I understand Scot will get us somehow to the Sacred Grove where we will have a big fight which by the way we can not win only bring to a draw. Then DarkStrider steps in with the cavalry.

You may fight to your hearts content. Gruumsh doesn't care how many of his minions get killed he has loads of fodder. Orcs mostly but goblins, hobgoblins all that kind of thing.

:idea: Maybe Daie, Maron and Del could find a small passage they could crawl through. Too small for Kongol. Maybe it could be up near the ceiling and Maron could find it. Just an :idea:

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That would work, but if not, don't worry, they'll be able to get to the grove with the rest of us.

3. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Surprice!! :evil:

As I do before, this is what lies in front of you.

1. Blue Dragon

Young adult dragon and comes it all his perks.

2. Miranda

Psychic Warrior. The way I see her, she uses psionic powers to enhance her attacks and specially her rapier. She is quite deadly and she is well known in the art of melee fighting.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorry, Mauro, but Miranda just made Nakia very, very angry. The rest of you may have the dragon...hopefully before it swallows Nakia, she isn't made of stone.

And IIRC psionic fighters are vulnerable to physical attack. There is no magic for her to feed on. No, the exploding bullets aren't magic she makes them herself and the recipe is secret. Oh heck, think Molotov cocktail type.

Edit:
    :D :rolling: :spin: Jex made it worth getting up this morning. I love it. Now what will he do with a spitting mad halfling who is mad enough to plow a hole through the dragon to get to Miranda. I am still mad..er.. I mean Nakia's still made at the unmentionable creature.

[ February 12, 2007, 16:39: Message edited by: Nakia ]

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Don't mean to leave the others behind, but Sepp is now being influenced by Nakia's geas as well. Don't worry, everybody who wants to will be able to get where we're going.

6. Nakia

Media:
    Don't worry yourself, Scot. It is in character for our characters to worry about the other. And at the moment Nakia is rather emotionally and physically spent which is normal after a berserker rage. :) I know that from personal experience.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm just surprised at the speed we're moving at, it's not as if we have a publishing deadline or anything. One of the things that made this RP attractive to me was that there was a sence of narrative and story; now the story is staggering from battle to battle with little or no narrative.

I am seriously comsidering whether I have time to post here because of the pace we're moving at. For instance yesterday about this time I came in to the thread. We had been getting rady to move leaving 4 characters behind. Suddenly Miranda has turned betrayer, a dragon has appeared, Sepp is inside it, Nakia has gone berserk, Jex has picked her up, blinded the dragon and Kelvados has been trapped under it. I had a post with Ciana getting him out and being upset at his hurts etc, sadly Delinos beat me by 7 seconds and got his brother out differently. I removed my post as it didn't fit, and went to bed. I came to post at lunchtime at work and found the battle finished and everybody healing up etc. There was nothing for me to post as Ciana except how she finished playing her lute off and a potion for Kongol.

If it continues at this pace I will probably pull out and let someone take Ciana over or get her to leave, which I don't particularly want to do. I like this RP.

/end rant

Forgive me if I'm being silly :)

8. Scot

I've had that happen to me several times. I work too long on a post, then when it's posted it is obsolete, or needs to be changed. You have my condolences Darkstrider.

Please don't leave though, Ciana is very important for coming events. Yes, we've had lots of battles recently, and truth to tell I've no idea what will happen after the Eye is dealt with, but dealing with that should prove to be eventful.

All that your characters need to do to be teleported to the halfling's druid grove is to say yes to the wind's question. People who aren't recovered yet can wait a bit, as the wind will stick around for as long as we need it to.

However, I always kind of liked coming to an epic battle tired, injured, out of spells, and unbuffed. ;)

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The best way to slow down a thread like this, but still allow people to keep posting if they feel like posting a lot in succession is to just have more dialogue. Characters whose players are online a lot can just spend more time talking and developing. That is still interesting, but anybody not involved still doesn't get left behind.

10. Nakia

Media:
    True Harbourboy,. However we are in a battle now that just might slow things down because Gruumsh is going to send everything he can get a hold of in order to get his Eye back. There's plenty of time for people to post because at the moment we are in a no-win situation. :) Even Daie might find a god a little hard to take on.

Reminder: Halflings speak in a short-hand. If what I post doesn't make sense just let me know and I'll explain.

11. Scot

Good suggestion Harbourboy, with major foes, like dragons and powerful demons, let's try to let everyone get a whack or two at them before they kick the bucket. Sometimes it's hard though, being that many of our characters are pretty deadly fighters.

I remember back at the beginning when Jex took out the leader of the first Fellowship of the Serpent group with two scimitars in the back. I had been hoping that he would give us a run for our money, but then Jex already was a well seasoned fighter from the outset.

12. Nakia

Media:
    Forget this if you saw it :o Answered my own question.

13. Scot

Couple of notes:

1. Though the standing stone we came through the portal at has now stood up and moved away, the whirlwind can still bring people through, it will just land them on the ground.

2. Anyone who needs to can post for the various earth elementals that have been sent off to the different fronts. As we are facing some pretty nasty enemies, it's okay if they get killed.

3. Here's a sit-rep.

Main orc army being ambushed by halfings outside of grove.

Nakia, Perim, Kelvados and halflings fighting drow in secret caves. Earth elementals South, Fall, and Water reinforcing.

Jex and halflings holding off hobgoblins at river to the east. Earth elementals North, Spring, and Air coming as reinforcements.

Goblins being fought at hedge to the south. Earth elementals East, Summer, and Fire reinforcing.

Dark and ominous clouds rolling in to center of grove from the north. Sepp as The Guardian there with earth elementals West, Winter, and Earth.

14. DarkStrider

And a couple of notes from me regarding Ciana.

1. At some point Ciana is going to be the focus for some action that will make things different.

2. Something sad is going to happen to Ciana, it is important to my plans that nobody does ANYTHING with Ciana.

At the moment she is standing in the centre of the former stone circle singing Inspire Courage.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Gruntak is going to become Jex's new nemisis. Almost an obsession. They will almost kill each other here, but then develop an immense hatred for each other.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ciana! Dead! How will Kelvados cope!? Tune in next time to find out! ;)

17. DarkStrider

She did say sorry! But sorry for what? ;)

18. Scot

@Darkstrider, do you want Ciana to stay dead and drop out of the RP? Sepp is going to need a bard soon, but if Ciana's toast for good, he'll have to shanghai a few of the elven ones.

@everyone else:

What does anyone want to do now?

Sepp is going to have a little thing to do with the Eye, but that won't take long.

He might want to go back to where the Aboleth were holding him, in a secret cavern underneath Lake Donigarten next to Menzoberranzan. That could be a good quest.

Jex might want to track down Gruntak.

Other ideas?

19. DarkStrider

@Scot I'll send you a pm

Rest, get the others back; and move on.

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados is still unconcious in a pile of bodies. So there is not much he can do, but I didn't really think Ciana and him were that into eachother. But what I got from Ciana's whisper is that she loved him or something. Yeah he'll be angry and sad, but I wasn't thinking him to be heartbroken. You guys all have the notion of a love affair, but I am trying to get the message across that he is to ashamed of who he is to let someone be too close.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.