1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen IV

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados emerged from the wilderness, his billowing cloak changed colours to form to the forest. Only his shocking white hair seemed un-natural, and would stand out easily, but to the naked eye it was invisible.

As Kelvados stepped onto the path, he came up behind Delinos and Rosie. Rosie yelped as he silently put his hand on her shoulder, she screamed again in joy. Kelvados smiled and silently hoisted her up onto his shoulders. She looked down at all the others on her huge perch. She hugged Kelvados' head and laughed at the small world.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Johen silently led the way. He thought it was strange that less than a week ago he ran down this same beaten path looking forward to a reunion with Jex. Now he walks back up the path the the entrance to the Underdark with Jex's friends. They seemed formidable, especially the dark elf brothers. They'd be as helpful as a god in the Underdark but he would rather have his old friend with him. Jex could be unstoppable at times it seemed.

Once they entered the Underdark it would be three days at least till they reached the Donigarten. It was a lot of time to spend in the unrelenting world with a group of surfacers but Johen would find away.

He strolled along carefully watching the forests beside them for threats. He wasn't to worried but with the new of Gruumsh's troops being on the move was in the back of the old dwarfs head.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Rosie giggled joyfully at her new omniscient view of her surroundings. Curling her little arms, she grunted and pretended to be a huge giant, trudging over his domain with a powerful gait. Kelvados joined in, rocking back on left and right feet, emitting low roars and grunts here and there. Pretending to be a lowly traveller in the domain of the giant, Delinos mock-screamed and shuffled around, waving his arms.

Rosie again yelped in laughter and joy as she shot little sparks at Delinos, big enough only to feel like a shock. Seeing a rather large spark shot at him, Delinos turned and received it on the chest, overdramatically moaning and groaning. He finally fell to the ground, lifeless.

Rosie's smile faded, and she jumped off Kelvados' back in a hurry. Her face paled as she shook him, but with little response.

"Day-day, Playing, only I was! Hurt you, I did not mean!" She moaned, a few tears sliding down her cheek, "Die, do not! Lost I will be!" She grabbed his hand and placed her head on his chest.

He opened his eyes a crack and quickly blew a raspberry on her red-head. Rosie jumped back suddenly, and then smiled widely with joy and relief. "Day-day! Okay, you are!" She giggled uncontrollably and jumped into his arms.

"Of course I am Rose, I was only playing!" He reassured the girl, "And don't worry, I won't leave you." He grinned, and propped himself on his elbow, hugging her closely. The two rose together and continued with the group, who had slowed around their little show.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron dropped out of the sky and into the group. She was alone, clad in her usual tunic and breeches, though without her usual smile. It looked like she had been crying.

'Shall we be off then?'

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Johen lead the group up into the rocky mountains towards his home. Unfortunately he was the only one with boots of speed so the going was slow. Finally the weary adventurers found a clearing near a bubbling brook and settled in for the evening. Perim brought in a few rabbits for their supper. Nakia took them, bowed her head briefly then prepared them for cooking. She added veggies, fruits, cheeses and folks pulled out the drink of their choice.

After a hearty meal and quiet conversation they set watches and took to their bed rolls. The night was peaceful and Selune's moon shone gently down upon them.

Before retiring Nakia approached Maron, "Maron, you said Selune is not elven. I just assumed she was and never asked. Would you tell me about her? She is special to me."

6. Benan Gems: 20/31

Johen sat next to Nakia and Sepp tearing into a piece of bread he said "Sepp can ye tell me anything about where ye was in the Donigarten?"

Swallowing the bread he then said "Any thing would be helpful, it might cut into our travel time."

7. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Well, Johen," Sepp said. "What I remember is this. After the drow paralyzed me, they took me underground and gave me to a huge spider with a gross drow body, which wrapped me up in silk. So most of my voyage I remember being numb and bound up with nothing to see. I'm sure I was unconscious a lot of the time.

Then I remember being put on what seemed to be a boat, that's when I heard somebody say the word 'Donigarten', and I was tossed into the water.

Later I remember being in a large cavern complex. It was fairly damp down there. So I guess that where I was is actually underneath the waters of this Donigarten lake.

I was ported out of there with Jex, so I can't really tell you much more than that. Hope it helps some."

8. Daie d'Malkin

Maron sat down, pulled her holy symbol out, and began to pass it from hand to hand.

'Is there anything in particular you would like to know? I don't know that much about Selune. Daie is far more knowledgeable, though he does tell me lots.'

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "I traveled with a cleric of Selune for a while. Selune helped us out a few times. Never asked about her though. Thought she was an elven goddess but you say she isn't. Just tell me what you know, please."

10. Daie d'Malkin

'She's a human goddess, the goddess of the moon, though that's not all she concerns herself with. She also watches over good-aligned lycanthropes, and the insane. Her clerics, called Silverstars, often run asylums for the mad, or seek out lycanthropes to help them deal with their situations.'

Maron stopped playing with her holy symbol, and tucked it back into her tunic.

'I can't really think of what else to tell you. She's a good goddess, and cares about her followers. She's the sworn enemy of Shar, and Selunites will do their utmost to destroy Shar's servants wherever they find them. Unfortunately, Sharrites like to find powerful Selunite clerics and assassinate them, which is probably why we were attacked earlier. I can't say it's the first time something like that has happened.'

11. Nakia

Media:
    "Thank you, Maron." Nakia looks up at the sliver of moon and smiles. "Yes, she is good goddess. And I'm tired. Sleep well."

Nakia settles under a tree and is soon asleep caressed by the silvery light from the moon.

12. Benan Gems: 20/31

Johen followed Nakias idea and found himself a rock to lean on. He didn't think they would need a watch, their were the occasional thieves and incidents like such on this trail but Johen had never had a problem. He knew that was mostly because of his appearance but still he figured that if he doesn't get attack when he's alone, who'd be foolish enough to attack a group of what appeared to be skilled adventurers.

He settled in against his rock, his armor scrapped and made a high pitch screech but he didn't notice. Before to long he was asleep and murmuring about killing orcs and goblins.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Everyone settled down to sleep…

She waited until they were all sleeping and then approached a soft smile on her lips and a sad haunted look to her eyes, as she moved she became more corporeal, until as she sat next to Ciana she was as solid as the wall she leant against. She placed a gentle hand on Ciana’s forehead and stroked it tenderly…

She dreamed, she knew she was dreaming but strangely also knew she was awake, she stood in a grove of Goldenoaks, the great trees of the elven forests; their solid presence life-affirming and strong, the sun’s golden rays fell gently down with dust motes swirling in random patterns, sparkling like new cut gems. She breathed in the fresh air which seemed richer, more fulfilling, she knew this place and then the memory returned looking to her left she saw the path that she had walked with Sepp after the battle, she saw the path that would have taken Sepp to his Green Hills and the other branch that would have brought her here, to the edge of Arvandor. Turning she once again looked at the borders of Arvandor wondering why she was here now, a gentle voice breathed her name behind her, she turned and standing there was the spirit of an elf. He stood straight, handsome and alert, his hair straight and red as a berry, his emerald eyes deep and wise but with a sad haunted edge to them, his entire body outlined in a verdigris shimmer. Ciana stared and then gave voice to her fear and joy “F-f-f-father?”

“Yes, Ciana” the spirit acknowledged, and before he could speak further she had flung herself at him her arms hugging him, and his automatically wrapping themselves around her. They took comfort from one another and then he withdrew slightly and pulled her down to sit on a log with him.

“Why are you meeting me now? And, where is my mother? Why isn’t she here? Why are we meeting here?” the questions tumbled out of Ciana.

“Hush, my child, let me explain what I can” as he spoke he stroked her auburn-gold tresses “your hair is so like your mother’s. I was a wandering Bard, trying mainly to hide from Djeroth, saddened to know that I was the last of my line, and unless I found a way to defeat him, that was how it would end. I came home to the High Forest for a rest and to recharge myself, and to talk to the seers and sages to try and find a way out. It was then that I met your mother and my fate was sealed, though I tried to avoid it for so long, I fell in love with her instantly but wanted to avoid bringing her into the cursed situation our family has.

“I left there quickly, hoping to leave Chaelle behind, but her elvish pride and human stubbornness meant she followed me, you see she had fallen for me as I had her. So I wandered and every time I turned round, there she was, so beautiful, so strong that I fell in love again, and determined to save her again, I ran again. After a period of time I came to realise that I could not make decisions for Chaelle, and so we walked together instead of one after the other, our love grew and we realised it was a life-bond, we had found the missing part of ourselves, we returned to High Forest and it was there we formally acknowledged our bond (the second happiest day of my life). We also consulted with the seers and sages again, only this time they felt that they had found a way for us to end the feud.

“We talked and planned and played ‘what-if’ games, but eventually we accepted what they were telling us, and so we planned for it. Then came the happiest day of my life, the day you were born, you were and are so beautiful and strong that you had me wrapped around your little finger in no time, it was difficult to say goodbye.

“With the aid of Corellon and several mages and priests, spells were cast upon you to make you look human, and to disguise the smell of your bloodline, for it is that smell that Djeroth’s grandfather (your great-, great-uncle) devised a search spell for, and he has been searching for a long time, it will take Djeroth a while for him to cast again, as he is not a mage by birth. We invested much of our life force into the glamour to maintain it and protect you, and also to be near you, though we could not talk to you. We then allowed ourselves to be caught and fought Djeroth hoping to persuade him that you had died as a babe. We watched over you as you grew and knew, (since Corellon told us) that the glamour at some stage would be removed but not how or when, we did not realise it was your death and recall from that death that would do so.

“I cannot adequately tell you how proud I was of you that day you stood and sang to give the courage necessary for that fight, or your call to our God; but I also must tell you how saddened I have been that I could not aid you more when you needed it most, that tower with Torturus and when the darkness rose within you. You should know this and mark it well, my daughter that should you fight Djeroth with the darkness uppermost in you that you will be lost to me and your mother for all time.

“When you have the time you should go to where they are trying to rebuild Eaerlann in the High Forest not only is it your home and where you come from, but your inheritance is also there. Ask at the Temple of Corellon for the effects of Tessillaine and Chaelle, there are many things there, a deed to a house, my instruments and music and our wealth, all yours now. We also wrote journals of our lives and those of our families that we knew of so you would have a sense of where ye came from. Take the company you are in with you, the old curmudgeons there could do with being stirred up.

“Now, let us put aside such heavy matters for a time and be father and daughter bards, I have a special song for you to learn and some others that you don’t know yet”

They sat there together student and master, daughter and father learning, and then she woke…

Feeling Ciana beginning to stir she got up and silently walked away fading softly into the starlight

14. Daie d'Malkin

Maron looked around to make sure no-one was watching, then reached into her tunic and produced a pendant that had been hanging round her neck.

It was a small silver amulet, with the symbol of Selune- a pair of eyes surrounded by seven stars.

She rolled it between her fingers for a moment, then kissed it and clutched it to her chest.

'Be safe,' she whispered, tears welling in her eyes.

15. Nakia

Media:
    After a restful sleep Nakia and the others woke, had a hardy breakfast and Johen led them towards his home caverns.

As they neared the entrance they heard sounds of battle. Nakia and Perim slipped ahead to spy out the situation and quickly returned to the group.

Speaking softly they told the others what they had seen. "Orcs, half orcs, a few drow are attacking the cavern. Seem to be led by a couple of orc shamans. Johen, don't know that your folk need much help but an attack from the rear can't hurt and might save a few dwarf lives."

So our fearless adventurers once more prepared for battle.

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Point me in the direction, me kin needs me." Johen blurted and took off running in the direction Perim pointed. He bounced of rocks and trees, he plowed through smaller trees and shrubs and burst into the fray.

A small group of dwarves where positioned just inside the cavern. Using a tipped wagon as a barricade. But that wouldn't last long as it was on fire and orcs and half orcs were attacking in.

There was about 30 combined orc kin and 4 drow. Spotting a shaman Johen snapped the visor of his helmet down and pulled his axes free.

Before the shaman knew it he had two axes in his back and a blood covered dwarf in strange armor stepping through is fading vision to find another kill.

17. Nakia

Media:
    Perim and Nakia followed Johen into the battle. Nakia was slinging bullets with one hand and had her sword in the other. Perim's sword cut into the surprised orcs. The fire from the burning wagon cast shadows as well as flickering light in the cavern. The agile halflings were able to move in and out of the shadows in such a way the orcs could not tell how many where there. It was the drow who where the greatest danger.

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana stood back and fired arrows into the orcs, as the company got amongst the Orcs, she put down her bow and started singing, the song as before in the grove, lifted the company and defending dwarves, inspiring them to stand and fight.

19. Benan Gems: 20/31

Johen figured the same as Nakia. Orcs were orcs they were fodder to the slaughter. Yanking his two axes from an orcs skull he rushed towards the small group of drow.

Launching himself through the air his ridged armor cause distress upon the drow he tackled opening wounds and defending the dwarf at the same.

Having dropped an axe in the tackle he swung rained heavy punches onto the drows head and neck each one landing with a sickening thud until the elf dropped and didn't.

Johen shook some cobwebs out of his head and moved on to find another combantant.

20. Nakia

Media:
    The orcs were easy for the halflings to avoid in the flickering light. Perim and Nakia went after one of the drow which was much harder since the drow could see the movement in the shadows but between them they were able to confuse the warrior and finally brought him down. Johen had taken out one so now there were two drow left fighting back to back. The orc were still concentrating on the defending dwarfs.

Ciana's song spurred our fighters on and Perim and Nakia checked for a new enemy to fight. Johen had headed for the drow. The two halfling saw no way they could help him without being in the way so they concentrated on an orc shaman. Once the shamans and drow were out of the way it would only be a matter of time to finish off the remaining orcs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.